Go to page:

DU Podcast Thread

PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States 28awards
Joined 30th June 2016
Forum Posts: 704

Sky_dancer said:
My heart kinda smushed and stayed there throughout Danny's spotlight. Could seriously listen to that man review the back of a crisp packet!!! And reviewing PR, nonetheless. She's like, a proper poet. One of my absolute favourite writers on here for all the reasons Dan said, so eloquently.

ThePoetcastProject said:
Honoured to have featured you! That’s the main thing

DanielChristensen said:

It was my honor and sincere pleasure. It is always my hope that the Spotlight will spark interest in the writing of our talented friends here, 💖

Josh said:

I'm a fan of PoetsRevenge and was looking forward to your 'spotlight'; I'm always uplifted by your many comments on lots of poets on DUP, and especially this one - I'm sure it will open doors for others too to read her work.

Thanks for these great encouragements and support

Gahddess_Worship
Osomajestuoso
Tyrant of Words
United States 37awards
Joined 21st Aug 2013
Forum Posts: 795

I finally found the time to finish listening to Episode 8 of "The PoetCastProject." I enjoyed immensely getting to know Souladareatease and Josh better via the superb, adept, and genuine interviewing skills of Missy and Lepperochan. Daniel's rendering of PoetsRevenges' "Land's End" was beautiful and truly showcased the awesome talent of the poet. Rachel's voice flows like pure honey just like her poems, "Prey" is an awesome representation of her to-the-manner-born prowess. By the means of constant pondering and the repeating of her words I grew to love and identify with LunaGreyHawk's "The Torment of Realizing." I am humbled to have been chosen to read in her stead, the music accompaniment that Missy chose was brilliant and enhanced my stuffy-nosed rendering of the poem. The poem brought to my mind the words of Ralph Waldo Emerson, where in his Divinity School Address he said the following:
" We mark with light in the memory the few interviews we have had, in the dreary years of routine and of sin, with souls that made our souls wiser; that spoke what we thought; that told us what we knew; that gave us leave to be what we inly were. " A quote that always wrings tears from my eyes and I believe typifies the relationships we develop here in DUP. Tutti Bravissima!

DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Tyrant of Words
United States 36awards
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 239

Gahddess_Worship said:I finally found the time to finish listening to Episode 8 of "The PoetCastProject." I enjoyed immensely getting to know Souladareatease and Josh better via the superb, adept, and genuine interviewing skills of Missy and Lepperochan. Daniel's rendering of PoetsRevenges' "Land's End" was beautiful and truly showcased the awesome talent of the poet. Rachel's voice flows like pure honey just like her poems, "Prey" is an awesome representation of her to-the-manner-born prowess. By the means of constant pondering and the repeating of her words I grew to love and identify with LunaGreyHawk's "The Torment of Realizing." I am humbled to have been chosen to read in her stead, the music accompaniment that Missy chose was brilliant and enhanced my stuffy-nosed rendering of the poem. The poem brought to my mind the words of Ralph Waldo Emerson, where in his Divinity School Address he said the following:
" We mark with light in the memory the few interviews we have had, in the dreary years of routine and of sin, with souls that made our souls wiser; that spoke what we thought; that told us what we knew; that gave us leave to be what we inly were. " A quote that always wrings tears from my eyes and I believe typifies the relationships we develop her in DUP. Tutti Bravissima!

That is so touching, thank you so much and for your wonderful reading skill. Couldn't agree more with your eloquent and encompassing observations. It's such a joy to be getting to know our friends better through the podcast.

Gahddess_Worship
Osomajestuoso
Tyrant of Words
United States 37awards
Joined 21st Aug 2013
Forum Posts: 795

DanielChristensen said:

That is so touching, thank you so much and for your wonderful reading skill. Couldn't agree more with your eloquent and encompassing observations. It's such a joy to be getting to know our friends better through the podcast.

You're welcome, Daniel. Thank you for lending your talents to truly make the podcast a satisfying experience. .

poet Anonymous

Hello good people of the Underground!

We need your help!

We are looking for people who can submit a reading of their poetry to the podcast. The podcast is great exposure, going out to all members and the wider world through such platforms as Apple Podcasts and Spotify.

We are also looking for contestants for Risky Quizzness who don't mind having a bit of fun.

Want to be interviewed?  Step right up... we would love to hear from you. Get in contact with us.

How can I submit a poem?

You are able to read any poem you like. The only conditions is that there is no extreme sex or violence. This is due to Apple Podcasts terms and conditions. A bit of swearing is fine. We have an extreme content warning.

There are many options:

• You are able to record on vocaroo.com which is the easiest way to record as you don't have to download anything. Simply record a message and PM us the link!

• Record using your phone camera. All we need is the audio, we don't need to see your face, so you are able to cover the camera. You are able to e-mail the video to undergroundoutloud@outlook.com

• Record using Messenger voice note on Facebook. Same with Skype.

• Record using Audacity on your laptop and e-mail us the file.

• If you need any help whatsoever please don't hesitate to contact The Podcast Team, or join the Loud-Speaker Poetry group to ask technical questions and practice in a safe place here: https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/groups/loud-speaker-poetry/discussion/

Any questions?

Get in touch. Get involved. Get your work out there. We are waiting for you! Send us a PM or e-mail audio readings to undergroundoutloud@outlook.com

Cheers!

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

I have a couple of podcasts to catch up on.  I just need to not be so tired whenever I get to relax.

poet Anonymous

It’s full steam ahead at Poetcast HQ with 6 more sleeps until episode 9 hits!

January 16th 13:00 GMT

Here’s a clue to our two fabulous [s]victims[/s] interviewees this month that we can’t wait to share with you

poet Anonymous

Magdalena said:I have a couple of podcasts to catch up on.  I just need to not be so tired whenever I get to relax.

Come back to the fold, Sistahhhhh

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

ThePoetcastProject said:

Come back to the fold, Sistahhhhh

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

Hey guys! I wanted to hit you up for next month's Podcast! We're going into our Fourth Official DU Na/GloPoWriMo, and Team NaPo 2020 will be opening registration March 01 - 31st in the speakeasy!  And boy do we have some marketing surprises for you—kicking off with a HUGE one!

The official comp will launch April 1st, at which time all participants will be headed to an undisclosed location! And, should they survive the journey, they will be rewarded a specially designed NaPo Trophy!

If you have any questions email poeticmedics@gmail.com!  Thanks so much!

poet Anonymous

Ahavati said:Hey guys! I wanted to hit you up for next month's Podcast! We're going into our Fourth Official DU Na/GloPoWriMo, and Team NaPo 2020 will be opening registration March 01 - 31st in the speakeasy!  And boy do we have some marketing surprises for you—kicking off with a HUGE one!

The official comp will launch April 1st, at which time all participants will be headed to an undisclosed location! And, should they survive the journey, they will be rewarded a specially designed NaPo Trophy!

If you have any questions email poeticmedics@gmail.com!  Thanks so much!

Hello. Thank you for getting back in touch.

We would like to invite you on the show in either February, March or April to have a chat about NAPOWRIMO with Lepp.  

Please PM us to organise this.

-TPP

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

ThePoetcastProject said:

Hello. Thank you for getting back in touch.

We would like to invite you on the show in either February, March or April to have a chat about NAPOWRIMO with Lepp.  

Please PM us to organise this.

-TPP

Hi and thanks!

I'm polling the team to see which they feel would be more beneficial ( Feb or March—April will be waaaay too busy ). I'll be in touch soon!

poet Anonymous

Our lovely (and extremely graceful) _boybrains is joining The Poetcast Team! Look out for his wonderful contributions / feverish beavering behind the scenes in the future.

Please welcome him to team pod 👏🏻 👏🏻👏🏻

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

Welcome, Ethan

Hopefully we can get to a place where you do all the work and I get all the credits 👀😁

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

I used to be called "shit_for_brains" A few people on here still think of me fondly like that.

You will do well Luke, use The Force

Welcome- You  will be a definite asset to go with the Assface, the Asshat and the Assoule already there

Condolences

Howard

Go to page:
Go to: