Go to page:

DU Podcast Thread

DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Tyrant of Words
United States 36awards
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 239

David_Macleod said:Daniel Christensen is a force to be reckoned with, his insights are always fascinating and inspiring. The dissection is careful, positive I am so glad that he is on the cafe critique group :-))))))))))))))))))))

I appreciate that brother. It is great that we each have our own style of critique to bring a different perspective to each piece.

hgnichols
Harry Nichols
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 1st Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 44

Great podcast this month! Personal favorite moment was Indie’s interview. Something I love about this community is how open everyone is, and that interview exemplified that. Nice job all!

poet Anonymous

hgnichols said:Great podcast this month! Personal favorite moment was Indie’s interview. Something I love about this community is how open everyone is, and that interview exemplified that. Nice job all!

Aww. Thanks so much for the feedback. Indie is a star 🌟

I don’t want to sound like a politician* but the podcast is for the DU, featuring the DU. So grateful for everyone that takes part in this project 🙏🏻

You’re all beautiful.

*This party political broadcast was bought to you by the Poetcast Party who still believe this place is special. And cookies. We believe in fuck loads of cookies. And possibly a good old fashioned cup of tea. And a slice of battenberg if you’re offering.

Amorous_tryst
Dangerous Mind
United States 16awards
Joined 12th June 2017
Forum Posts: 945

Hello, Podcast producers, poets, and poetesses.

In honesty, this is the first show I've listened to since the first one,  just haven't been in much of a poetic mood of late and life being as it is. So, I'm now playing catch up in reverse and will be tuning in the those I've missed.

This was really an enjoyed two plus hours, and has helped me re-focus.

Loved it all, even though the R.Q. made me feel like a dummy. LOL

Keep up the great work, you're all fantastic.

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

I love the Risky Quizness and I would like to volunteer to be a contestant :-))))))))))))))))))))))

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1751

Absolutely fabulous PoetCast podcast No:7. Tremendous interviews with indie & boybrains. I found both of them, with their mix of personal stories interwoven with their poems to be especially moving and instructive. Well done all round.
(Risky Quizzness - not sure if I mis-heard but "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" is by T.S Eliot, not Alfred, Lord Tennyson.)
{Gave my first-ever public one-man poetry show yesterday (45 mins) and it was filmed by a friend; edited version hopefully out on my youtube channel at some point soonish}.

DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Tyrant of Words
United States 36awards
Joined 27th Feb 2016

Josh said:Absolutely fabulous PoetCast podcast No:7. Tremendous interviews with indie & boybrains. I found both of them, with their mix of personal stories interwoven with their poems to be especially moving and instructive. Well done all round.
(Risky Quizzness - not sure if I mis-heard but "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" is by T.S Eliot, not Alfred, Lord Tennyson.)
{Gave my first-ever public one-man poetry show yesterday (45 mins) and it was filmed by a friend; edited version hopefully out on my youtube channel at some point soonish}.

I always get that confused Josh I haven't read it since college. I remember I sat down in class one day and read An Ode To A Frog. "O wet pet!" And I thought, I paid for this?

DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Tyrant of Words
United States 36awards
Joined 27th Feb 2016

Amorous_tryst said:Hello, Podcast producers, poets, and poetesses.

In honesty, this is the first show I've listened to since the first one,  just haven't been in much of a poetic mood of late and life being as it is. So, I'm now playing catch up in reverse and will be tuning in the those I've missed.

This was really an enjoyed two plus hours, and has helped me re-focus.

Loved it all, even though the R.Q. made me feel like a dummy. LOL

Keep up the great work, you're all fantastic.

It took me hours to assemble those questions, no worries lol So glad you enjoyed it Teri. Thanks for listening.

poet Anonymous

Here are two clues towards our two incredible interview guests this month... we can’t wait to share it with you!

(This post was sponsored by the number 2 👌🏻)

Episode 8 goes live on December 16th, 13:00 GMT.

#2MoreSleeps

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1751

Hmm, yummy - can taste those olives   :))

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

Aahh!  Now my curiosity is piqued, ‘cos I’m not consciously aware of a DEEP member from that particular state - let alone TWO - so now I’ve got another reason to look forward to #8 !!

poet Anonymous

Ah, it’s just one member from that particular state.

We may have more lurking around. If you’re in West Virginia, and lurking, get in touch. 👌🏻

poet Anonymous

Related submission no longer exists.

And episode 8 is live!

Featuring candid interviews with Souladareatease & Josh, music from AndyJHale, readings from Rachel_Lauren & Lunagreyhawk and a touching spotlight on PoetsRevenge.

It’s the last pod of the year!

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poems/367473-the-poetcast-project-episode-8---a/

poet Anonymous

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

Thanks to all contributors: Josh, Rachel,  Luna, Andy, Poets revenge. literally made the podcast so well done *hat tip*

special thanks from me to Soul and Ethan.

[missed an opportunity when Ethan said "I came in 2017"  ...iI shoulda said 'so did I ...twice . but there you go, I need to think quicker, haha ]
anyhow, good stuff, man. absolutely enjoyed the experience

Soul, you're a fkn legend, man. it was great to finally shoot the breeze for 5 hours

[thus is the nature of strong weeds: conducts an interview and forgets to click record  ..  twice. thanks for your patience ]

Also, shout out to Missy and Daniel. you're both  ...quite something

anyhow. we'll be back next year with another one. thanks for your support. you're all beautiful peeps

Go to page:
Go to: