Go to page:

Official DU Podcast Thread

poet
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
92awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 7598

@Magdalena — I believe the quality issue in parts is something that we are working on for the next episode. Eamonn did put a wholehearted apology at the end for the slight technical difficulties in our pilot episode. As you can imagine, putting together a podcast from three different countries is challenging in places, heh!  You are an absoloute star and we love and thank you for your time.

@Anna_Grin - hey... you had the womanballs to get up there and do it. As far as I’m concerned, you’re a winner m’dear. Mad props to ya. Thank you so much for supporting us and this project. I loved the reading. I also question where on Earth JohnRot went...

poet
DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Dangerous Mind
United States
6awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 34

And now featuring me like one of those cool late walk ons, like Fonzie. Okay not nearly as cool as Fonzie, but just as late. 😝

poet
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom
36awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 1644

this was so good and a perfect addition and a positive one for DU - congratulations on a job well done to all concerned, the best thing that has happened on DU for quite a while :-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

poet
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
92awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 7598

Aww. Thanks. Glad to see it finally materialise and looking forward to the future. 😊

poet
Magdalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales
56awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2521

Miss_Sub said:@Magdalena — I believe the quality issue in parts is something that we are working on for the next episode. Eamonn did put a wholehearted apology at the end for the slight technical difficulties in our pilot episode. As you can imagine, putting together a podcast from three different countries is challenging in places, heh!  You are an absoloute star and we love and thank you for your time.

@Anna_Grin - hey... you had the womanballs to get up there and do it. As far as I’m concerned, you’re a winner m’dear. Mad props to ya. Thank you so much for supporting us and this project. I loved the reading. I also question where on Earth JohnRot went...


I did hear Eamonn's apology. It's all great nonetheless and a fantastic venture that everyone can take part in. Kudos to all of you. Thank you and you're most welcome. I'm honoured to be one of the first in your Legends slot. Look forward to hearing your future podcasts.

poet
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom
36awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 1644

The first interview between Missy and Daniel was so fascinating. It was awesome to learn how other poets think and the processes they go through in their writing and in their journies. It encouraged me to definitely read Daniels work - this was inspiring work :-))))))))))))))))))))

poet
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
92awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 7598

David_Macleod said:The first interview between Missy and Daniel was so fascinating. It was awesome to learn how other poets think and the processes they go through in their writing and in their journies. It encouraged me to definitely read Daniels work - this was inspiring work :-))))))))))))))))))))

Thanks for the feedback m’dear.

poet
Sky_dancer
The Cosmic Dragon
Dangerous Mind
12awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 623

David_Macleod said:The first interview between Missy and Daniel was so fascinating. It was awesome to learn how other poets think and the processes they go through in their writing and in their journies. It encouraged me to definitely read Daniels work - this was inspiring work :-))))))))))))))))))))

Almost exactly what my thoughts are.

Missy, your voice is like a bell, crisp, lovely and vibrant, reminded me of Jo Whiley on the BBC. Daniel, your insight and examinations of poems are exactly what I love about your work. Lovely to get to know the vet poets too. I've listened twice 😁

Timestamps in the drop down a possibility?


poet
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
92awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 7598

Sky_dancer said:

Timestamps in the drop down a possibility?


Fantastic suggestion. I’ll make sure this is implemented next time around. 👌🏻

Just had a geek out because we are appearing on Spotify search now 🤓

poet
DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Dangerous Mind
United States
6awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 34

Sky_dancer said:

Almost exactly what my thoughts are.

Missy, your voice is like a bell, crisp, lovely and vibrant, reminded me of Jo Whiley on the BBC. Daniel, your insight and examinations of poems are exactly what I love about your work. Lovely to get to know the vet poets too. I've listened twice 😁

Timestamps in the drop down a possibility?



Thank you so much. Missy is an incredible interviewer and I felt totally comfortable, which is really why I was able to bring my points across so well. I encourage anyone interested in discussing their writing to get in touch with with Eamonn or Missy. It's so fun!

poet
DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Dangerous Mind
United States
6awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 34

David_Macleod said:The first interview between Missy and Daniel was so fascinating. It was awesome to learn how other poets think and the processes they go through in their writing and in their journies. It encouraged me to definitely read Daniels work - this was inspiring work :-))))))))))))))))))))

David thank you so much for your support of our lovely endeavor. I hope every writer on the du will get a chance to talk about their writing, techniques and perspective on the podcast. It's really a wonderful dimension to an already great site.

poet
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
92awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 7598

DanielChristensen said:

Thank you so much. Missy is an incredible interviewer and I felt totally comfortable, which is really why I was able to bring my points across so well. I encourage anyone interested in discussing their writing to get in touch with with Eamonn or Missy. It's so fun!


I especially recommend Eamonn’s awesome, funny, laid-back interviewing style for a guaranteed smile along the way. I loved Magdalena’s interview.

As for me... nobody would believe I’m actually really shy in real life. Give me a mic and I just explode. I don’t know what happens.  

poet
DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Dangerous Mind
United States
6awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 34

Miss_Sub said:

I especially recommend Eamonn’s awesome, funny, laid-back interviewing style for a guaranteed smile along the way. I loved Magdalena’s interview.

As for me... nobody would believe I’m actually really shy in real life. Give me a mic and I just explode. I don’t know what happens.  


Lol in your element. My regular speaking voice isn't quite the same as that which I recite audio poems in. My spirit really comes alive.

Agreed, Eamonn has a great interview style. A friend just asked about him, I said he's a character. He's always fun to talk to.

poet
AEMelia564
Y
Tyrant of Words
Norway
51awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Apr 2016
Forum Posts: 2248

So, I checked out some of the podcast, the first parst of it and what I enjoyed was the totally laid back atmosphere of the whole thing. As soon as I started listening it was like a wave of glistening light opened up. You know the feeling when you look out at see and see all these beautiful soothening ripples apprearing. The first intervieuw was so natural, genuine.
It was with great prescision and depth, and I felt I was listening to two equal tides connecting. For me it really had the vibe of poetry and most of all of Deep Underground. I heard the second part by Lep and felt it was just continuing in the same vibe. Very enriching experience. Kudos and praise for all involved. I will "board this ship" surely for inspiration!!!!
Greets, Melia

poet
DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Dangerous Mind
United States
6awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 34

AEMelia564 said:So, I checked out some of the podcast, the first parst of it and what I enjoyed was the totally laid back atmosphere of the whole thing. As soon as I started listening it was like a wave of glistening light opened up. You know the feeling when you look out at see and see all these beautiful soothening ripples apprearing. The first intervieuw was so natural, genuine.
It was with great prescision and depth, and I felt I was listening to two equal tides connecting. For me it really had the vibe of poetry and most of all of Deep Underground. I heard the second part by Lep and felt it was just continuing in the same vibe. Very enriching experience. Kudos and praise for all involved. I will "board this ship" surely for inspiration!!!!
Greets, Melia


Thank you kindly Melia. I felt absolutely the same way both in my interview and listening to Eamonn and Magdalena. Thanks to everyone participating, listening to those who'll join us for a chat in the future. 🙏💖

Go to page:
Go to: