souladareatease
souladareatease
Tyrant of Words
United States
27awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 28th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 3692

Josh said:

You're right, David.  In English the words were originally 'mickle' (meaning 'many') and 'pickle' (meaning 'mess').
Hence the sayings: "many a little makes a mickle" and "I'm in a pickle"

In Scotland (as I understand it) they got changed to muckle and puckle respectively. Since my paternal grandmother was Scottish, (from Aberdeen), I'm guessing she brought the expression down to Manchester when she married my grandfather - and so it entered the family vocab.  :))

Thanks for taking the time to answer back about this Josh, not to hijack the threads purpose, but its tid-bits of stuff that make up the fun details-Quite interesting.

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
98awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 8331

Jade-Pandora said:
DUP is an even better place to create because of THE POETCAST PROJECT.

We try

Thank you for being part of it.

DanielChristensen
DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Dangerous Mind
United States
11awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 62

Jade-Pandora said:( Finally, an actual reply despite being late! )

Phew!  Episode 5 is amazing and I’m proud to be a part of this, my second time with the Poetcast crew!

There’s a lot of information to process.  And well done, Missy for putting it all together!👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

I enjoyed hearing you chat about your life experiences and thoughts in general with Eamonn, who also did a loverly job steering the conversation deftly from subject to subject. It was a learning experience when you both discussed about being British...

and crap drawers! I’ve never lived anywhere that didn’t have a junk (Yank version) drawer... varying in content, depending. Like rings of keys to who-knows-where, expired coupons & batteries, a corkscrew, Bic lighters, a flat-sided cheese grater...😳 So that’s where it went!

And then you did double-duty by turning the situation around in the spot-on interview with our prolific Wallyroo92!

My shoutout to Wally - An excellent “star struck” chat, my friend. I’m humbled that you thought of and mentioned me.

And when it came to Daniel reading “Asylum” in his Spotlight on me, my shoutout to him:

My friend, the moment I heard that piece till its conclusion, I fought back the tears, instantly reliving the trauma I’ve never fully recovered from since. Your reading was powerful in all the places intended. Your spoken insight afterwards helped me get a handle. I can never thank you enough for the honor of being in its cathartic glare.

There’s so much else that 5 featured for the listener - from the wonderful original music of Jeff (runaway_mindtrain), and the terrific poetry readings from case28, and buddydog - all of it mesmerizing and rounding off the mix of podcast selections. Looking forward to 6!🤗

DUP is an even better place to create because of THE POETCAST PROJECT.

🐾

Most welcome sugah I am so glad it was meaningful to you. *hugs* Thank you so much for the support. We'll keep em coming.

David_Macleod
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
39awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2301

you reading of  “Asylum” was, to say the least, inspiring Daniel, I always learn something from the poems to do on the podcast and your inciteful comments on others on my poems

Josh
Josh
Tyrant of Words
Portugal
30awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 411

souladareatease said:

Thanks for taking the time to answer back about this Josh, not to hijack the threads purpose, but its tid-bits of stuff that make up the fun details-Quite interesting.

No problem   :))

Viddax
Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom
22awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6461

Yet another episode that astounds expectations, with all the ease as though it has been done for decades and with fresh ideas that push the envelope ever further. It is simply a testament to the care and personal investment of those involved with the Podcast and the guests/ members that none of it is forced or coming across as a chore.

(Crap drawer! We had/ have boxes of miscellaneous stuff in the 'utility room' so for me it has always been 'utility room' = place-where-everything-semi-useful-is-most-likely-to-be.)

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
Joined 26th June 2011

Viddax said:Yet another episode that astounds expectations, with all the ease as though it has been done for decades and with fresh ideas that push the envelope ever further. It is simply a testament to the care and personal investment of those involved with the Podcast and the guests/ members that none of it is forced or coming across as a chore.

(Crap drawer! We had/ have boxes of miscellaneous stuff in the 'utility room' so for me it has always been 'utility room' = place-where-everything-semi-useful-is-most-likely-to-be.)

Can I just say that these two guys are wonderful to work with and both have individual skill sets that have taught me so much. Couldn’t do any of this without them and couldn’t be any prouder of what we have all accomplished from the ground up. Not just us as a team, but every single person that has taken part and given their time to tell us who they are as writers through their interviews and their poems.

Yes it is A LOT of work, but what it has rewarded us in terms of growth and highlighting the work of the collective community has been so worth it.

Let me be the first to say if it wasn’t for the podcast and how much I believe in it right now, you wouldn’t have seen my ass again. I’d of been long gone. I believe it’s worth it, and I’m passionate about this being something positive, and I only hope people continue to get behind it to celebrate their works.

As for the crap drawer... utility room... deary me, we’ve got a posh one ‘ere...

DanielChristensen
DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Dangerous Mind
United States
11awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 62

It is fulfilling to be part of something and a valued team member. A very new experience for me, as I have mostly been a solitary sort of person. You would be hard pressed to find a photograph of me in another person's possession, I hardly even attended social functions like barbeques or birthdays. lol

Thank you so much Missy, Eamonn, David and everyone who's been participating and listening. The podcast is a wonderful experience.

In kindness,
Daniel

Viddax
Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom
Joined 10th Oct 2009

"As for the crap drawer... utility room... deary me, we’ve got a posh one ‘ere..."

- Methink you might have been influenced by my username into saying that!
I honestly have no idea why the room is called the utility room, best guess it that what was on the design schematic for the houses which then filtered down to the estate agent and then used by my parents. Nothing posh about having a room here gods knows what are hoarded and stored; where gubbins that are kept for bloody ages might be handy once an eclipse and stay there just in case they are needed.

I like how the Poetcast Project has filled the hole that had been filled by Muggle in the past, but in an entirely new and different way. DU has grown to the point where it needs a look inwards and these two things do/ have done that. Though the Poetcast is now audible and more accessible than Muggle; but not so it is a straight comparison of the two.
- Basically, DU would be lost and a bit emptier without the Poetcast so keep up the great job!

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
Joined 26th June 2011

Eeeehhhhh I’m just messing with you, m’dear. I love calling English people posh and watching them fold in on themselves. I’m only laughing at my own Britishness really. 😆

Thank you for your kind words. Your support of this venture is always appreciated.

*cough* and we’d love to get you on for an interview *cough*

Viddax
Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom
Joined 10th Oct 2009

The speaker tubes and voice modulators are being calibrated while the mice are being fed and trained to run round the circuit. Time has a habit of flying when not being watched.

Though a straight yes would give the game away!

butters
butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 831

crap drawers are pretty universal - i had one in the uk, and we have one in the kitchen here in america but my husband has 3 (of 4) drawers in his big old writing/crafts desk. he'd not agree about the terminology, mind, and says he knows where everything is in there. he doesn't. i've had to find things in there countless times he swears aren't there but they are.

butters
butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
Joined 17th Sep 2019

i like that i can reply in this window whilst still listening to the podcast in the other.

pyrography's cool stuff.

butters
butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
Joined 17th Sep 2019

really enjoyed this. always fascinating to place a voice to a poem and to listen to the artists discussing their work.

looking forward to next month's and will dip further back to listen to some others.

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
Joined 26th June 2011

Glad you enjoyed it. I agree, the voice to a face thing is always useful. 😊

Go to page:
Go to: