Go to page:

Official DU Podcast Thread

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
94awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 7783

Amorous_tryst said:Finally had a chance to sit back and enjoy the inaugural episode of the Official Podcast Project, and was blown away. What an exceptional job done by all.

I will be looking forward to many more in the future as this was an idea long overdue but worth the wait, and it's weight in words and more.

Not much more I can add that has not already been said, so I'll just say "FANTASTIC JOB POETS"

PS: As a side note for Missy, the owner of that chest, or "Twin Peaks", as they have been nicknamed by a friend here on DU, shall remain undisclosed and kept close to the 'breast' , only saying they have performed up to their expectations in many ways. , (only wish they were mine)


Haha, the mystery is what makes them awesome!

So glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the thumbs up :)

Magdalena
Magdalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales
56awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2551

Sky_dancer said:Before Audacity I was homeless, living in a shoebox by the side of the road with my 12 children, living off discarded MacDonalds leftovers. Now, I live in a cottage in the Cotswolds with my Siamese cat and I drink sparking spring water. Thank you Audacity!


Magdalena
Magdalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales
56awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2551

DanielChristensen said:

What function cancels the white noise in Audacity Magdalena? I used to know but forgot.


So find a little bit of interference on the flatline part of your recording [not the part where you are speaking] shade it in, then go to the "Effect" drop down list, click on "Noise reduction" and click "Get noise profile" Then what I do, is shade the whole of my recording, go back into "Noise reduction" and click on "OK" and it will remove that bit of interference, wherever it is throughout the recording.
You can only get a small section of the noise profile at a time, but when you do the "ok" to clear it, you can do the whole thing.
Always get noise profile first, or it won't work.

David_Macleod
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
37awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 1814

Sky_dancer said:Before Audacity I was homeless, living in a shoebox by the side of the road with my 12 children, living off discarded MacDonalds leftovers. Now, I live in a cottage in the Cotswolds with my Siamese cat and I drink sparking spring water. Thank you Audacity!

You had the luxury of a shoe box????, you had roads??, and Macdonalds??? You had 12 kids - I had 27 kids, on a dirt track, living inside a cow's digestive tract, eating frog spawn and nettles that dogs had peed on, Now I live in a detached retina with my conjoined twin frogs called hopit and bopit, I drink camel tears.

Thank you audacity

DanielChristensen
DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Dangerous Mind
United States
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 39

Amorous_tryst said:Finally had a chance to sit back and enjoy the inaugural episode of the Official Podcast Project, and was blown away. What an exceptional job done by all.

I will be looking forward to many more in the future as this was an idea long overdue but worth the wait, and it's weight in words and more.

Not much more I can add that has not already been said, so I'll just say "FANTASTIC JOB POETS"

PS: As a side note for Missy, the owner of that chest, or "Twin Peaks", as they have been nicknamed by a friend here on DU, shall remain undisclosed and kept close to the 'breast' , only saying they have performed up to their expectations in many ways. , (only wish they were mine)


Thank you Teri. xoxo
Many more to come. My next Spotlight segment takes on a serious subject.

Taurek
Taurek
Dangerous Mind
United States
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Oct 2015
Forum Posts: 1805

How does one get on the podcast?

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
94awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 7783

The Poetcast Project: Episode 1 - Because, Poetry! (DUP Official Podcast)

ThePoetcastProject
Go To Page  
Taurek said:How does one get on the podcast?



All details here. You can also follow the DU account.

For submissions / questions e-mail undergroundoutloud@outlook.com

DanielChristensen
DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Dangerous Mind
United States
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 39

Magdalena said:

So find a little bit of interference on the flatline part of your recording [not the part where you are speaking] shade it in, then go to the "Effect" drop down list, click on "Noise reduction" and click "Get noise profile" Then what I do, is shade the whole of my recording, go back into "Noise reduction" and click on "OK" and it will remove that bit of interference, wherever it is throughout the recording.
You can only get a small section of the noise profile at a time, but when you do the "ok" to clear it, you can do the whole thing.
Always get noise profile first, or it won't work.


There is some secondary program the friend who recommended audacity had me download and the noise cancel effect came from that. I'll try it your way. Thank you. 😊 If I recall the effect I'll let you know.

ThePoetcastProject
ThePoetcastProject
Lost Thinker
  profile   poems   message
Joined 28th Mar 2019
Forum Posts: 43

Episode 2 has just been uploaded and scheduled for release on June 16th...

7 DAYS TO GO

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
64awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 12724

cool..  What kind of eargasmic titillations are in store ?

ThePoetcastProject
ThePoetcastProject
Lost Thinker
  profile   poems   message
Joined 28th Mar 2019
Forum Posts: 43

Two fantastic member interviews, plus a spotlight on poetry. Coming up in episode two we cover the Gothic, abstract art installations and a little heavy metal for good measure

David_Macleod
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
37awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 1814

So looking forward to Episode 2 - the first Episode was awesome :-)))))))))

DanielChristensen
DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Dangerous Mind
United States
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 39

David_Macleod said:So looking forward to Episode 2 - the first Episode was awesome :-)))))))))

Thank you David. The podcast is a great way to get to know our colleagues on the site and their amazing artistry. Thankful to be part of it.

Magdalena
Magdalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales
56awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2551

ThePoetcastProject said:Episode 2 has just been uploaded and scheduled for release on June 16th...

7 DAYS TO GO


Fab, can't wait.

ThePoetcastProject
ThePoetcastProject
Lost Thinker
  profile   poems   message
Joined 28th Mar 2019
Forum Posts: 43

Magdalena said:

Fab, can't wait.


4 DAYS TO GO!

Go to page:
Go to: