Go to page:

- Favourite Quotes -

Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2195

The_Silly_Sibyl said:

That’s one of my favourite books

“I am thirty this November.
You are still small, in your fourth year.
We stand watching the yellow leaves go queer,
flapping in the winter rain,
falling flat and washed. And I remember
mostly the three autumns you did not live here.
They said I’d never get you back again.
I tell you what you’ll never really know:
all the medical hypothesis
that explained my brain will never be as true as these
struck leaves letting go.” - Anne Sexton, The Double Image


That's so strong. Oddly, I haven't read much of Anne Sexton yet...

Capote, I understand why you like his work. I've read In Cold Blood, it was one of the most chilling, interesting books I've ever come across

Will have to read Breakfast at Tiffany's someday ^~^

Ricky-Journals
Ricky-Journals
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom
  profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Dec 2020
Forum Posts: 576

“Against these pitiful rappers. Insidious, these idiots witty as shit, against me shitty as MC Hammers.” - Eminem

Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2195

Ricky-Journals said:“Against these pitiful rappers. Insidious, these idiots witty as shit, against me shitty as MC Hammers.” - Eminem

Oof. Ha ha xD
Some good rhyming xD

Ricky-Journals
Ricky-Journals
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom
  profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Dec 2020
Forum Posts: 576

Umm said:

Oof. Ha ha xD
Some good rhyming xD


It’s not hard to rhyme like he’s doing. But the whole technical part of what Eminem can do with the beats, that’s something I’d never be able to do.
And to hear some mumble rappers wanting trouble with him...I just think they need to get off the drugs and come back to reality.

Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2195

My favorite quote of all time is:

Here is the topography of false starts. Here
a whole constellation is lousy with desire.
Here what passes for love is the same
as anywhere. Here no one has said
a prayer for the stars, and here no one
comes, except to leave, except to stay
long enough to bruise.

Paul Guest

✨✨✨

Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2195

Ricky-Journals said:

It’s not hard to rhyme like he’s doing. But the whole technical part of what Eminem can do with the beats, that’s something I’d never be able to do.
And to hear some mumble rappers wanting trouble with him...I just think they need to get off the drugs and come back to reality.


I will say, rhyming is definitely not a strong suit for me,.. Anyways, agreed, Eminem is famous because of what he does,.. I remember listening to his songs growing up. It's hard not to like them :]

Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2195

Off to bed, have a nice evening Ricky 😊

Ricky-Journals
Ricky-Journals
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom
  profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Dec 2020
Forum Posts: 576

Umm said:

I will say, rhyming is definitely not a strong suit for me,.. Anyways, agreed, Eminem is famous because of what he does,.. I remember listening to his songs growing up. It's hard not to like them :]


I didn’t listen growing up. I’m not a true Stan. Had the Encore album when in foster care, before leaving Zoe’s and moving back to my hometown, and even then never really listened to it or knew who he was.
2009 with the Relapse album got me more into finding out what was going on with his life. And have bought every album since then. Plus have gone back to his old albums and have listened. Insane how people want the old Eminem back, and are completely deaf to him being better drug free.
But those wanting the old Em back are probably always off their face on something lol.

Goodnight.


Ricky-Journals
Ricky-Journals
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom
  profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Dec 2020
Forum Posts: 576

“Every story is magic, until you get depressed reading depression and find out there’s no story there at all.”

Ricky-Journals
Ricky-Journals
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom
  profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Dec 2020
Forum Posts: 576

“There was no wind that day. I got stung by a bee, and saw a butterfly stop flapping its wings in midair, and just dropped. I thought: you should have floated.”

Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2195

Ricky-Journals said:

I didn’t listen growing up. I’m not a true Stan. Had the Encore album when in foster care, before leaving Zoe’s and moving back to my hometown, and even then never really listened to it or knew who he was.
2009 with the Relapse album got me more into finding out what was going on with his life. And have bought every album since then. Plus have gone back to his old albums and have listened. Insane how people want the old Eminem back, and are completely deaf to him being better drug free.
But those wanting the old Em back are probably always off their face on something lol.

Goodnight.



That's pretty interesting, I never knew you weren't always into him,.. Nice knowing the backstory c:

One of my favorite songs of his is the one with Rihanna "love the way you lie"... But he has so soo many other great ones, really talented guy

Ricky-Journals
Ricky-Journals
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom
  profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Dec 2020
Forum Posts: 576

Umm said:

That's pretty interesting, I never knew you weren't always into him,.. Nice knowing the backstory c:

One of my favorite songs of his is the one with Rihanna "love the way you lie"... But he has so soo many other great ones, really talented guy


That’s a good song, and video too. Megan Fox and Pippin from Lord of the Rings with a haircut.

(I know it’s not Pippin, can’t remember his name lol.)

clewluss
clewluss
SMOOKY
Thought Provoker
  profile   poems   message
Joined 22nd Apr 2014
Forum Posts: 250

Dentist gives presentation to gathering of indigenous americans.
He speaks tooth to powow.

Ricky-Journals
Ricky-Journals
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom
  profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Dec 2020
Forum Posts: 576

“Be nice to those admitted to hospital, they’re fierce on the page and weak in real life.”

Ricky-Journals
Ricky-Journals
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom
  profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Dec 2020
Forum Posts: 576

“I can live in a small house. My ego doesn’t need much room to live.”

Go to page:
Go to: