- Favourite Quotes -

Ricky-Journals
Ricky-Journals
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom
  profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Dec 2020
Forum Posts: 576

Poet-of-Ephraim said:"Those who know do not speak. Those who speak do not know."
Lao Tsu, Tao Teh Ching

Love this. It’s like saying you could shine and not waste people’s time, if you just shut up and never wrote one line.

Ricky-Journals
Ricky-Journals
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom
Joined 11th Dec 2020

“We’re in a recession, but we’re going to put some billions into the economy to help it.”

Ricky-Journals
Ricky-Journals
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom
Joined 11th Dec 2020

A self proclaimed earth empath needs people to tell him how others are feeling
Another empath is slowly learning to become more passionate and understanding towards others yet a sociopath never changes
Now I’m Barbara, in ten minutes I’ll be Ricky again
Does gay men sex smell different to normal sex?
Don’t know, and I’d never walk into a gay man’s house
and be kind enough to ask whether they’ve not emptied a cat litter tray
One must A

Ricky-Journals
Ricky-Journals
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom
Joined 11th Dec 2020

Apologises, wrong thread.

Ricky-Journals
Ricky-Journals
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom
Joined 11th Dec 2020

“I don’t spread positivity. Only brought peoples attention to a piece that wasn’t wrote by someone, and then it’s my fault for being an asshole. Plagiarists trying their luck and thinking not everyone might have seen something, can suck a fat smelly one.”

Ricky-Journals
Ricky-Journals
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom
Joined 11th Dec 2020

“There’s a parental advisory sticker on the album. I would tell teenagers surfing alone, it’s worth the wait, and not to waste your time listening to them. Like my reaction video to Eminem reaction videos ‘He is discombobulated! His long that fucker taking!’ A pause at every five seconds to decipher a hundred lyrics, that most people already knew. And I wrote that on a small note, attached to a missile. Someone will get the point.”

Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2195

🌷💛

LUUH19
LUUH19
Emeraldia
Twisted Dreamer
Joined 5th Aug 2014
Forum Posts: 70

"Comparison is a thief of joy."

Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
Joined 6th Dec 2015

LUUH19 said:"Comparison is a thief of joy."

So true ^~^

Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
Joined 6th Dec 2015

“Absence lessens half hearted passions and increases great ones, as the wind puts out the candles and yet stirs up the fire.”

— Mike Royko (? ...not sure)

“Even if it is occasionally hard, I like looking people in the face and defending my true perceptions of the world around me. I’m trying to belong to myself; for everything else constantly betrays me. Reality is not a dimension I often choose but truth is a whole other case. I think what counts is inner courage, and what matters, most of all, is a sense of being whoever you wish to be and having as less regrets as possible.”

— Juliette Binoche

<3

Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
Joined 6th Dec 2015

"Never love a wild thing, Mr. Bell,' Holly advised him. 'That was Doc's mistake. He was always lugging home wild things. A hawk with a hurt wing. One time it was a full-grown bobcat with a broken leg. But you can't give your heart to a wild thing: the more you do, the stronger they get. Until they're strong enough to run into the woods. Or fly into a tree. Then a taller tree. Then the sky. That's how you'll end up, Mr. Bell. If you let yourself love a wild thing. You'll end up looking at the sky."
"She's drunk," Joe Bell informed me.
"Moderately," Holly confessed....Holly lifted her martini. "Let's wish the Doc luck, too," she said, touching her glass against mine. "Good luck: and believe me, dearest Doc -- it's better to look at the sky than live there. Such an empty place; so vague. Just a country where the thunder goes and things disappear"

- Truman Capote, Breakfast at Tiffany's and Three Stories

The_Silly_Sibyl
The_Silly_Sibyl
Tommy or Tuppence
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
Joined 30th July 2015
Forum Posts: 268

Umm said:"Never love a wild thing, Mr. Bell,' Holly advised him. 'That was Doc's mistake. He was always lugging home wild things. A hawk with a hurt wing. One time it was a full-grown bobcat with a broken leg. But you can't give your heart to a wild thing: the more you do, the stronger they get. Until they're strong enough to run into the woods. Or fly into a tree. Then a taller tree. Then the sky. That's how you'll end up, Mr. Bell. If you let yourself love a wild thing. You'll end up looking at the sky."
"She's drunk," Joe Bell informed me.
"Moderately," Holly confessed....Holly lifted her martini. "Let's wish the Doc luck, too," she said, touching her glass against mine. "Good luck: and believe me, dearest Doc -- it's better to look at the sky than live there. Such an empty place; so vague. Just a country where the thunder goes and things disappear"

- Truman Capote, Breakfast at Tiffany's and Three Stories

That’s one of my favourite books

“I am thirty this November.
You are still small, in your fourth year.
We stand watching the yellow leaves go queer,
flapping in the winter rain,
falling flat and washed. And I remember
mostly the three autumns you did not live here.
They said I’d never get you back again.
I tell you what you’ll never really know:
all the medical hypothesis
that explained my brain will never be as true as these
struck leaves letting go.” - Anne Sexton, The Double Image

mommabutterfly999_
mommabutterfly999_
Fire of Insight
Joined 29th Nov 2020
Forum Posts: 932

I forget who said this but

"use your head, or someone else will"

AaronBraveHeart
AaronBraveHeart
Twisted Dreamer
Joined 4th Sep 2020
Forum Posts: 15

I think therefore I am.
Now Boyana says : I feel therefore I love.

mommabutterfly999_
mommabutterfly999_
Fire of Insight
Joined 29th Nov 2020
Forum Posts: 932

I like it. Feeling. <3

Go to page:
Go to: