Forum Posts: 5184

Just read this in today's newspaper ..

badmalthus
Harry Rout
Dangerous Mind
19awards
Joined 3rd May 2014
Forum Posts: 433

cold_fusion said:Just read this in today's newspaper ..

I like that cf.

poet Anonymous

“For Australia to be considered the greatest country in the world, or even near that, first the Union Jack needs to be taken away from the top left hand corner.”

poet Anonymous

“What can we do in space, that we can’t do on Earth? I saw the men float, never answered the question, and spun a floating microphone while laughing. Think about it.”

Northern1
Fire of Insight
Iceland
Joined 15th Apr 2016
Forum Posts: 223

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Benjamin Franklin

poet Anonymous

“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery” - Thomas Jefferson

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Northern1
Fire of Insight
Iceland
Joined 15th Apr 2016
Forum Posts: 223

“Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.”
― Sigmund Freud, Civilization and Its Discontents

LUUH19
Emeraldia
Thought Provoker
Joined 5th Aug 2014
Forum Posts: 72

"The moon looks lovelier in another country." - Chinese proverb

Poet-of-Ephraim
Poet of Ephraim
Strange Creature
United Kingdom
Joined 17th Dec 2020
Forum Posts: 3

"Those who know do not speak. Those who speak do not know."
Lao Tsu, Tao Teh Ching

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

🌷💛

LUUH19
Emeraldia
Thought Provoker
Joined 5th Aug 2014
Forum Posts: 72

"Comparison is a thief of joy."

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015

LUUH19 said:"Comparison is a thief of joy."

So true ^~^

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015

“Absence lessens half hearted passions and increases great ones, as the wind puts out the candles and yet stirs up the fire.”

— Mike Royko (? ...not sure)

“Even if it is occasionally hard, I like looking people in the face and defending my true perceptions of the world around me. I’m trying to belong to myself; for everything else constantly betrays me. Reality is not a dimension I often choose but truth is a whole other case. I think what counts is inner courage, and what matters, most of all, is a sense of being whoever you wish to be and having as less regrets as possible.”

— Juliette Binoche

<3

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015

"Never love a wild thing, Mr. Bell,' Holly advised him. 'That was Doc's mistake. He was always lugging home wild things. A hawk with a hurt wing. One time it was a full-grown bobcat with a broken leg. But you can't give your heart to a wild thing: the more you do, the stronger they get. Until they're strong enough to run into the woods. Or fly into a tree. Then a taller tree. Then the sky. That's how you'll end up, Mr. Bell. If you let yourself love a wild thing. You'll end up looking at the sky."
"She's drunk," Joe Bell informed me.
"Moderately," Holly confessed....Holly lifted her martini. "Let's wish the Doc luck, too," she said, touching her glass against mine. "Good luck: and believe me, dearest Doc -- it's better to look at the sky than live there. Such an empty place; so vague. Just a country where the thunder goes and things disappear"

- Truman Capote, Breakfast at Tiffany's and Three Stories

Go to page:
Go to: