Why all this music?"

- Gregory Orr

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1108

"..Now go live your life as young as you claim to be on Instagram."  A radio DJ...I forgot which station it was when I heard this comment yesterday morning driving to work and the topic was on living life to the fullest.

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
Joined 3rd May 2018

“If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.”― Hermann Hesse

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
87awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 6741

Great one, Layla. Hesse is one of my favorite authors.

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”

― Albert Einstein

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
Joined 3rd May 2018

The quote was on my IG feed as I was scrolling which gave me one of those aha moments, how true it really is and how alike we all are if we put that emotional layer aside.  
But honestly, I didn't know who the author was, but I did google.  Apparently he's an author and a poet so I certainly learned something by chance

Ahavati said:Great one, Layla. Hesse is one of my favorite authors.

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”

― Albert Einstein

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Layla said:The quote was on my IG feed as I was scrolling which gave me one of those aha moments, how true it really is and how alike we all are if we put that emotional layer aside.  
But honestly, I didn't know who the author was, but I did google.  Apparently he's an author and a poet so I certainly learned something by chance

I've read just about everyone of his books.  If you do decide to pursue, I recommend Siddhartha, Steppenwolf, The Glass Bead Game, The Complete Fairy Tales and Demian. And, of course, his poetry collection.  

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
Joined 3rd May 2018

Oh wow, he does have a great body of works.
I will certainly check it out thanks Ahavati.

Ahavati said:

I've read just about everyone of his books.  If you do decide to pursue, I recommend Siddhartha, Steppenwolf, The Glass Bead Game, The Complete Fairy Tales and Demian. And, of course, his poetry collection.  

nomoth
nomoth
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom
5awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Mar 2019
Forum Posts: 177

Layla said:“If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.”― Hermann Hesse

Love that quote and I'll second Ahavti's recommendation. Just an amazingly beautiful writer. It reminded me of this quote.

"We always condemn most in others, he thought, that which we most fear in ourselves." Robert M. Pirsig.

and Ahavati's quote reminded me of this which I love too and probably has already been posted here:

"Living well is the best revenge." George Herbert

Sky_dancer
Sky_dancer
A girl has no name
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
22awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 1462

nomoth said:

"We always condemn most in others, he thought, that which we most fear in ourselves." Robert M. Pirsig.

this is definitely true in my case. i've been blowing off at people who i see myself in, but not out of fear, out of knowing their potential is more than they're achieving and they also have no respect for me, and so it's me fighting me but i'm out of sync for some reason. i always was out of tune tho

souladareatease
souladareatease
Tyrant of Words
United States
28awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 28th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 5025

“I think the evil is in the food, in the noise, in the crowding, in the stress, in the water, in the air.”
― Edward Abbey, The Monkey Wrench Gang

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

nomoth said:

Love that quote and I'll second Ahavti's recommendation. Just an amazingly beautiful writer. It reminded me of this quote.

and Ahavati's quote reminded me of this which I love too and probably has already been posted here:

"Living well is the best revenge." George Herbert

Yes! It's a very high vibration focused on bettering one's self, not competing with others. Thank you, nomoth!

Sky_dancer
Sky_dancer
A girl has no name
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
Joined 10th Dec 2018

I think the challenge of humanity is in the food, in the noise, in the crowding, in the stress, in the water, in the air

fixed it for you, Ed ;P

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
Joined 3rd May 2018

That is quite revealing Sky, most often its miscommunication.

I highly recommend for anyone who has any kind of dislike to someone ...to just one day only, like an 8hour period to talk/pm/message each other, openly and honestly deciding that whatever the communication might be, or hard it is to 'hear' what they have to say..to do it anyway, then after that day they can go about their days.  I truly believe that each party will be shocked to find out how alike they really are and the intentions were not as bad as they initially thought.

Sky_dancer said:

this is definitely true in my case. i've been blowing off at people who i see myself in, but not out of fear, out of knowing their potential is more than they're achieving and they also have no respect for me, and so it's me fighting me but i'm out of sync for some reason. i always was out of tune tho

Umm
Umm
Fire of Insight
Latvia
  profile   poems   message
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 1709

"Rosewater light at sunset moistens a sea of wheat.
Love makes us transparent, sky weathered –
a shimmer, like something bright and feathered singing
low in its throat."

- LeighAnna Schesser

-----

"You came into my life — not as one comes to visit … but as one comes to a kingdom where all the rivers have been waiting for your reflection, all the roads, for your steps."

Vladimir Nabokov, in a letter to Véra Nabokov

✨💖✨

Sky_dancer
Sky_dancer
A girl has no name
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
Joined 10th Dec 2018

Layla said:That is quite revealing Sky, most often its miscommunication.

I highly recommend for anyone who has any kind of dislike to someone ...to just one day only, like an 8hour period to talk/pm/message each other, openly and honestly deciding that whatever the communication might be, or hard it is to 'hear' what they have to say..to do it anyway, then after that day they can go about their days.  I truly believe that each party will be shocked to find out how alike they really are and the intentions were not as bad as they initially thought.

i really believe that, yes!

Go to page:
Go to: