- Favourite Quotes -

Umm
Umm
Fire of Insight
Latvia
  profile   poems   message
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 1681

"I want to infect you with the tremendous excitement of living, because I believe that you have the strength to bear it."

- Tennessee Williams

- - - - -

"the whites of your eyes / your white teeth / the taste of iron on your tongue and the steel of a / wrench by my splayed out arms / lying here like I’ve been waiting for you to kill me"

- Eliel Vera

- - - - -

"The word poetry comes from the Greek word poiesis which just means “a making”. So if you’ve made it, it’s poetry. Even if it’s breakfast."

- Benedict Smith  

David_Macleod
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
39awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2707

"A gentleman is not a gentleman unless he has the ability to be a gentle man."

David Macleod. 2020(c)

the5thRiddler
the5thRiddler
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
Joined 6th Aug 2019
Forum Posts: 1436

“A lot of people diss what they can’t do.” - Eminem 2020

DarkAngelReaper
DarkAngelReaper
Strange Creature
United States
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 12th Mar 2020
Forum Posts: 3

"Oh, no, it wasn't the airplanes. It was Beauty killed the Beast."
~King Kong

the5thRiddler
the5thRiddler
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
Joined 6th Aug 2019

“You will stop destroying the planet and going no where fast lol”
- Corona Virus

Jade-Pandora
Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States
147awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5087

“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou

the5thRiddler
the5thRiddler
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
Joined 6th Aug 2019

Jade-Pandora said:“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou

Love this.

Jade-Pandora
Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States
147awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5087

the5thRiddler said:

Love this.

Thank you, friend.  Maya was beautifully insightful.

Btw, I hope you’re starting to feel better.

DoomMantra
DoomMantra
B. M. Franklin
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 17th Feb 2020
Forum Posts: 12

"Depression is boring, I think and I would do better to make some soup and light up the cave." - Anne Sexton

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
the5thRiddler
the5thRiddler
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
Joined 6th Aug 2019

“Corona virus is a problem. America will sort it out. They have solutions to every problem. And we’re still waiting after everyone is cured.” - some man in the street

Wh1skeySwagger
Wh1skeySwagger
Swagger
Fire of Insight
United States
Joined 10th Dec 2019
Forum Posts: 347

"Work like you really need the money
Love like you have never been hurt
Dance like nobody is watching"

~ Unknown

Umm
Umm
Fire of Insight
Latvia
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 1681

"When you are born,” the golem said softly, “your courage is new and clean. You are brave enough for anything: crawling off of staircases, saying your first words without fearing that someone will think you are foolish, putting strange things in your mouth. But as you get older, your courage attracts gunk, and crusty things, and dirt, and fear, and knowing how bad things can get and what pain feels like. By the time you’re half-grown, your courage barely moves at all, it’s so grunged up with living. So every once in awhile, you have to scrub it up and get the works going, or else you’ll never be brave again.

Catherynne M. Valente

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
85awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 6007

Whatever happens around you, don’t take it personally… Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. All people live in their own dream, in their own mind; they are in a completely different world from the one we live in. When we take something personally, we make the assumption that they know what is in our world, and we try to impose our world on their world.

Even when a situation seems so personal, even if others insult you directly, it has nothing to do with you. What they say, what they do, and the opinions they give are according to the agreements they have in their own minds…Taking things personally makes you easy prey for these predators, the black magicians. They can hook you easily with one little opinion and feed you whatever poison they want, and because you take it personally, you eat it up….

But if you do not take it personally, you are immune in the middle of hell. Immunity in the middle of hell is the gift of this agreement.

Don Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements

I like heaven.

Go to page:
Go to: