Go to page:

- Favourite Quotes -

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14944

Insecurity is the greatest social piranha in the pool of human existence.

Yet remembering that no matter what anyone else thinks or does, you can still choose your own thoughts, do your own things, and manifest your own happiness… instantly makes you the bigger fishy.

Hook, line, and sinker -

The Universe

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 41awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1798

ajay said:

That's a bit wooly, Josh, especially in your usage of the word 'ideologies'. If you had written:

'Chomsky is partly right. Propaganda is sometimes, but not always, the use of slogans that are vague (and therefore hard to refute) but which at the same time appeal to the emotions to the extent that, for example, people will fight to Make America Great Again without having a clue what they mean by that. It just sounds good, and as a rallying call it works really well for those who want to manipulate the masses.'

I would have been fine with it. However, sometimes a slogan in a cause can mean something. For example, the Bolshevik slogan in 1917 was 'All Power To The Soviets', a slogan which separated them from the Mensheviks, made their position clear to the workers and was indeed a worthy slogan.

https://johnriddell.com/2017/11/28/all-power-to-the-soviets-a-slogan-that-launched-a-revolution/

I'm glad I have a level-headed editor to keep me on track ... Phew!  

The Bolshevik slogan is saying something more specific, as you point out, and therefore maybe passes the test better, not to be sheer propaganda. However, the phrase "all power" is not defined (power to do what, by whom, within what limits, and how legitimised?). The assumption might be that the slogan encourages the killing of any Mensheviks who stood in the way of the Bolshevik's agenda. In the end, you end up with legalese to try and close the loop-holes of interpretation - and even then lawyers and judges will come to differing opinions as to what the law 'says'.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

^^^

Khione
Strange Creature
Joined 7th Mar 2024
Forum Posts: 2

Herr God, Herr Lucifer  
Beware
Beware.

Out of the ash
I rise with my red hair  
And I eat men like air.
- Sylvia Plath Lady Lazarus.

Where are some of your favorite places to shoot?

"Anywhere. Anywhere is beautiful."
- Ren Hang

poet Anonymous

Josh said:

I'm glad I have a level-headed editor to keep me on track ... Phew!  

The Bolshevik slogan is saying something more specific, as you point out, and therefore maybe passes the test better, not to be sheer propaganda. However, the phrase "all power" is not defined (power to do what, by whom, within what limits, and how legitimised?). The assumption might be that the slogan encourages the killing of any Mensheviks who stood in the way of the Bolshevik's agenda. In the end, you end up with legalese to try and close the loop-holes of interpretation - and even then lawyers and judges will come to differing opinions as to what the law 'says'.

Ha! You can always rely on me to bring you back to the straight and narrow when you go wandering off.

Re the rest of it, you have to understand the situation prevailing at the time to understand the slogan. Suffice to say that 'killing' was part of no one's interpretation. As for the 'law', well ...  .

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 41awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Whenever I'm feeling a bit down I just remember that a trillion dollars worth of propaganda to take untested and dangerous vaccines for some overhyped flu-bug didn't work on me
(a general sentiment, not sure if anyone specific said it)
(and the truth of Big Pharma's evil programme becomes more transparent month-on-month - for anyone who cares not to bury their head in the sand)

poet Anonymous

👍🙃👍

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

ajay said:👍🙃👍

Oof! ajay. That's a good one!

Carpe_Noctem
Tyrant of Words
Spain 8awards
Joined 3rd Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 2917

Josh said:Whenever I'm feeling a bit down I just remember that a trillion dollars worth of propaganda to take untested and dangerous vaccines for some overhyped flu-bug didn't work on me
(a general sentiment, not sure if anyone specific said it)
(and the truth of Big Pharma's evil programme becomes more transparent month-on-month - for anyone who cares not to bury their head in the sand)

Ain't medical tyranny wonderful
Fascist governments the world over need to be held to account.

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 41awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Carpe_Noctem said:

Ain't medical tyranny wonderful
Fascist governments the world over need to be held to account.

Yes, and look what's happening in Canada, New Zealand, Australia, The WHO ... legislation slowly being out in place such that at some point in the future it will be 'legal' to take children away from parents who don't want their children 'vaccinated' - and all done in the name of "protecting children". And soon there will be AI models of human physiology on which new 'vaccines' can be 'tested' and brought to market very quickly.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

^ ^ ^

SplitTheSun
Paige_
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 8th Mar 2024
Forum Posts: 3

From "Tender Is the Night"

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 41awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

'The things I pay attention to are the things that do not fit the model; they are what can kill you'
(David Webb, from the documentary "The Great Taking"; 12.30 --> 13 minutes in)

poet Anonymous

I have to admit I agree with him on this one.

Go to page:
Go to: