- Favourite Quotes -

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
WaterWet
Steve_Mbetu
Twisted Dreamer
Joined 27th Oct 2017
Forum Posts: 35

Dying is an art, like everything else. I do it exceptionally well. I do it so it feels like hell. I do it so it feels real. I guess you could say I've a call.

~Sylvia plath

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

"We have not touched the stars,
nor are we forgiven, which brings us back
to the hero’s shoulders and the
gentleness that comes,
not from the absence of violence,
but despite the abundance of it."

- Richard Siken  

zinnzinn
ZINNNNIZ
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 12th July 2013
Forum Posts: 31

Drugs are bad Mkay.

Mr. Mackey

BobbyJames
Lost Thinker
Joined 4th Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 6

Whether the pitcher strikes the stone or the stone the pitcher, it's bad for the pitcher.

Miguel de Cervantes

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 5155

there is no such a thing as anyone not being a poet ... only a skilled and an unskilled one.

skills help you deliver your expressions more effectively
but again you can give a robot the skills too. But the art, the originality comes, from the core..perhaps the soul...each with it's own unique signature.

cold_fusion@DU

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

my all time favourite

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

Someone just asked me where I got the strength to handle a toxic person.  I told them it doesn't take strength - only emotional intelligence.

Emotionally intelligent people are quick to forgive, but that doesn’t mean that they forget. Forgiveness requires letting go of what’s happened so that you can move on. It doesn’t mean you’ll give a wrongdoer another chance. Successful people are unwilling to be bogged down unnecessarily by others’ mistakes, so they let them go quickly and are assertive in protecting themselves from future harm.
~ Dr. Travis Bradberry, How Smart People Handle Toxic People

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

— Anonymous

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Jade-Pandora said:— Anonymous

^ The oldest love poem discovered is 4000 years old, 'Istanbul #2461', but then I read the term originated in Ancient Hebrew & Greece, e.g. - Agape, Eros, Philios, etc.    

“When Penny left a banana on her desk as an offering, Jude rejected it. She refused it by putting it on Penny's work chair, so when Penny went to write, she sat on it. As tiny passive-aggressive revenges went, it was adorable, and it killed Penny that they couldn't laugh about it.”

― Mary H.K. Choi, Emergency Contact

_boybrains said:Put your ear down close to your soul and listen hard.
                        -Anne Sexton

Love that.  She was so connected. . .

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015

Rumi —
to quietly meditate on.

( from Mole 11. )

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

( Lord I don't know how I feel about that one, Jade.  I enjoy yours, but when I think of Rumi I don't think of a brain-buster puzzle; I think of a simple read without effort.  I hope you copyrighted and are planning a book of these. )

One of my favs:

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there. When the soul lies down in that grass the world is too full to talk about.  ~ Rumi

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015

Thank you.  And if you’d gone to see, 11 isn’t the usual treatment as I mentioned on this thread.  You would see a simple tribute to Rumi meant for this forum, and could have left a comment there.

Everyone who has been posting here are sharing with fellow members, to enlighten in their own way.

🙏🏻

Go to page:
Go to: