Go to page:

Official DUP NaPo/GloProWriMo 2019 Discussion

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 2606


Speaking of .....

Today's Featured Poet of the Day on our site

http://poeticmedics.com

is returning participant, Josh !

You can view and download features by most of our participants here:
http://poeticmedics.com/napowrimo_2019_poems/napowrimo_2019_poems.html

Tallen
Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
28awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 1676

Ahavati -- Your

20/30
iv. Gamit

made me smile  

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
85awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 5972

Tallen said:Ahavati -- Your

20/30
iv. Gamit

made me smile  


Thank you, Tallen.  Been playing chess since I was about 4.  My father insisted I learn. Best lesson, ever.

Tallen
Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
28awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 1676

Ahavati said:

Thank you, Tallen.  Been playing chess since I was about 4.  My father insisted I learn. Best lesson, ever.


You hold a USCF or FIDE rating?

my dad coerced me to play when i was 6
(pull weeds with brother and sister or learn to play)

I played 2 (10 minute) games vs Sky at chess.com
She's the complete Pkg for me  

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
85awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 5972

Tallen said:

You hold a USCF or FIDE rating?

my dad coerced me to play when i was 6
(pull weeds with brother and sister or learn to play)

I played 2 (10 minute) games vs Sky at chess.com
She's the complete Pkg for me  


I hold nothing except knowledge of the game; never was interested in competing. It truly is beneficial if children are taught at a young age; it instills so much insight into thinking ahead and problem solving as well.  I was amazed at the parallels between the game and psychology.  

Tallen
Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
28awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 1676

Ahavati said:

I hold nothing except knowledge of the game; never was interested in competing. It truly is beneficial if children are taught at a young age; it instills so much insight into thinking ahead and problem solving as well.  I was amazed at the parallels between the game and psychology.  


Agree.  I used to teach Beginner's Chess in Arizona at 14 elementary schools in the Phoenix metro area.  

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
85awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 5972

Tallen said:

Agree.  I used to teach Beginner's Chess in Arizona at 14 elementary schools in the Phoenix metro area.  


That is AWESOME.

Viddax
Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom
23awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6511

If you feel you are flagging then there is always the prompts, just saying....
Seriously though, ensure you have some out-time where your mind can relax or get into gear if you feel the poetry level is starting to slip and slide downwards.
One possibility is to read the poems other people have posted for inspiration in theme or style or form etc. Another way if you feel you are repeating yourself, is to strive to do the complete opposite, or you go back to the familiar form and style if you have done nothing but experiment so far in the competition. The great thing is that the competition is an area to experiment and discover, thanks to the framework of 50 unique words being rather open-ended and liberating. Just a few tips and tricks that might be helpful.
It as been going on for so long it seems, that I cannot remember what it was life before the month started!

Josh
Josh
Tyrant of Words
Portugal
35awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 724

Viddax said:If you feel you are flagging then there is always the prompts, just saying....
Seriously though, ensure you have some out-time where your mind can relax or get into gear if you feel the poetry level is starting to slip and slide downwards.
One possibility is to read the poems other people have posted for inspiration in theme or style or form etc. Another way if you feel you are repeating yourself, is to strive to do the complete opposite, or you go back to the familiar form and style if you have done nothing but experiment so far in the competition. The great thing is that the competition is an area to experiment and discover, thanks to the framework of 50 unique words being rather open-ended and liberating. Just a few tips and tricks that might be helpful.
It as been going on for so long it seems, that I cannot remember what it was life before the month started!



Viddax said: "It as been going on for so long it seems, that I cannot remember what it was life before the month started!"
The month before was called 'March', the sun shone every day, you ate your favourite cake everyday and had all the time in the world to walk along the beach/fells/lakes and contemplate the beauty of Nature which inspired the odd poem.



Summerrain75
Summerrain75
Fire of Insight
Philippines
5awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 6th Jan 2019
Forum Posts: 192

Josh said:


"It as been going on for so long it seems, that I cannot remember what it was life before the month started!"
The month before was called 'March', the sun shone every day, you ate your favourite cake everyday and had all the time in the world to walk along the beach/fells/lakes and contemplate the beauty of Nature which inspired the odd poem.




Lol just 9 days to go. Everything will be normal again.

Tallen
Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
28awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 1676

Summerrain75 said:

Lol just 9 days to go. Everything will be normal again.


and then nothing but chess and blue berry cheesecake!!!!!!!!!!

(Hey, in May I'll be turning 62 and so a dbl celebration)

Josh
Josh
Tyrant of Words
Portugal
35awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 724

Tallen said:

and then nothing but chess and blue berry cheesecake!!!!!!!!!!

(Hey, in May I'll be turning 62 and so a dbl celebration)


I'll be turning 63 beginning July, so let's party on through ...  

Summerrain75
Summerrain75
Fire of Insight
Philippines
5awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 6th Jan 2019
Forum Posts: 192

Tallen said:

and then nothing but chess and blue berry cheesecake!!!!!!!!!!

(Hey, in May I'll be turning 62 and so a dbl celebration)

Wow. I love blue berry cheesecake that would be lovely a dbl celebration.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
85awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 5972


Yep! The countdown officially began today!

10!!!!

PoetsRevenge
PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States
15awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 30th June 2016
Forum Posts: 333

Viddax said:If you feel you are flagging then there is always the prompts, just saying....
Seriously though, ensure you have some out-time where your mind can relax or get into gear if you feel the poetry level is starting to slip and slide downwards.
One possibility is to read the poems other people have posted for inspiration in theme or style or form etc. Another way if you feel you are repeating yourself, is to strive to do the complete opposite, or you go back to the familiar form and style if you have done nothing but experiment so far in the competition. The great thing is that the competition is an area to experiment and discover, thanks to the framework of 50 unique words being rather open-ended and liberating. Just a few tips and tricks that might be helpful.
It as been going on for so long it seems, that I cannot remember what it was life before the month started!


This is great advice.  I was reading the ' poetry swap meet ' thread and there were some great posts of classic poems on there that members loved, one of them inspired me to write something, so that's another idea to find inspiration

Go to page:
Go to: