Official DUP NaPo/GloProWriMo 2019 Discussion

poet
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
65awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 2541

Good morning, Team NaPo'19!  We're almost halfway to the Fountain of Inspiration discovered by Poems de Leon!

The Grub Luka Mukas excitedly danced on the shore, waving their spears in celebratory send off as we rowed back to our vessel, the Napowrimo. They were especially ecstatic over the trunk full of rum we left behind in return for such splendid hospitality.

And we were thrilled for a compass gifted to us, which once belonged to a lone slug sailor they boiled up in a root stew.

Apparently the Grub Muka Lukas were cannibals; we were fortunate enough to encounter them during a week of fasting!

The sky was pristine blue and we were almost midway through our journey. Crew was in good spirits, despite CSD1558 on a gurney and TPD still rowing to catch up.

Soon we would be imbibing refreshing waters from cups dipped in the Fountain of Inspiration - to which we would be blessed with all manner of wonderful ideas needed for finishing out the month of April! Perhaps even brilliantly formed experimental quaterns such as Josh's recent "Far-Right Populist Leaders" ( talk about raising the bar! ).

Soon we would be imbibing refreshing waters from cups dipped in the Fountain of Inspiration - to which we would be blessed with all manner of wonderful ideas needed for finishing out the month of April!

That is, of course, if we don't run into any more obstacles - like those
odd tentacle-ish things coming out of the water up ahead ......

Team Members, thank you for your reports - they have all been addressed.

* If you have already submitted your Thirteenth offering, it will be reflected on tomorrow's update.

Remember, if we already haven't, we are in the process of transforming one of your shorter entries into designs for proud flag flying across our website and social networking platforms.  If you haven't heard from us we're getting to you asap! You can view the designs that have been uploaded here:

http://poeticmedics.com/ Also on DUP's facebook. instagram, and twitter, so be on the lookout for your flag flying the mast!  

Happy Poeting, Team Napo'19!

Legend:

✓ = 1 Week

poet
JohnnyBlaze
Dangerous Mind
United States
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 1225

Today's Featured Poet of the Day on our site

http://poeticmedics.com

is inaugural participant and NaPo 2019 Team Member, Amorous_Tryst !

You can view and download features by most of our participants here:
http://poeticmedics.com/napowrimo_2019_poems/napowrimo_2019_poems.html

poet
Josh
Dangerous Mind
Portugal
16awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 288

Apologies to fellow NaPo writers I have not been reading  and commenting on days 11 & 12. Will pick up the baton again today from Day-13 onwards.

poet
Tallen
earth_empath
Dangerous Mind
14awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 764

Josh said:Apologies to fellow NaPo writers I have not been reading  and commenting on days 11 & 12. Will pick up the baton again today from Day-13 onwards.

no worries from me

my hallucinations due to limited sleeping keeps me entertained.

also, i find it extremely difficult to read and comment e1.  I read everyone but don't understand all the spills and so i click the "like" just to let You know i came by and read.

poet
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

We're rounding the halfway bend—it's been a great but tiring haul, and we've half more to go.  I think all entrants understand when we fall behind in commenting.  I know I do. Writing is first priority right now! We'll celebrate across the finish line!

poet
Tallen
earth_empath
Dangerous Mind
Joined 15th Oct 2018

Ahavati said:We're rounding the halfway bend—it's been a great but tiring haul, and we've half more to go.  I think all entrants understand when we fall behind in commenting.  I know I do. Writing is first priority right now! We'll celebrate across the finish line!

Kegs of Harp and Cider at the finish line for all!!!

poet
Sky_dancer
The Cosmic Dragon
Dangerous Mind
12awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 623

Tallen said:

I'll have a cup of tea thanks!

poet
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Tallen said:

LOL! Thanks! We left all the rum back on the island for the Grub Muka Lukas!

poet
SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 492

Josh said:Apologies to fellow NaPo writers I have not been reading  and commenting on days 11 & 12. Will pick up the baton again today from Day-13 onwards.

I've been absolutely terrible. I look forward to catching up though. The whole comp thread should be spectacular reading.

poet
Tallen
earth_empath
Dangerous Mind
Joined 15th Oct 2018

Sky_dancer said:

I'll have a cup of tea thanks!

BYOT  

poet
Amorous_tryst
Dangerous Mind
United States
15awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 12th June 2017
Forum Posts: 911

An offering of 'Today's History Lesson' and the importance of not leaving all that rum back on the island.

https://oldnorth.com/2017/07/14/examining-the-history-of-drinking-culture-on-ships-through-colonial-era-grog-and-madeira/

Best if read over a cocktail or 4 between writing

poet
Tallen
earth_empath
Dangerous Mind
Joined 15th Oct 2018

Amorous_tryst said:An offering of 'Today's History Lesson' and the importance of not leaving all that rum back on the island.

https://oldnorth.com/2017/07/14/examining-the-history-of-drinking-culture-on-ships-through-colonial-era-grog-and-madeira/

F**king (can i say this) awesome read / site!!  

poet
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Amorous_tryst said:An offering of 'Today's History Lesson' and the importance of not leaving all that rum back on the island.

Psssst we know an island. . .

Actually, I am going to try a recipe or two!

poet
Amorous_tryst
Dangerous Mind
United States
15awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 12th June 2017
Forum Posts: 911

Tallen said:

F**king (can i say this) awesome read / site!!  

Yes, you may, and yes, it is.

poet
Tallen
earth_empath
Dangerous Mind
Joined 15th Oct 2018

Amorous_tryst said:

Yes, you may, and yes, it is.

**swoon**

don't tell my lover.........but i love an inebriated writer