Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

Tallen said:Summerrain and David,
Here's the practice comp before April gets here
There's examples already in the comp:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/10656/

example poems are not helpful may be a direct answer would be more helpful - just saying

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2264

David_Macleod said:

example poems are not helpful may be a direct answer would be more helpful - just saying

I leave that up to the returning inkers
and the Professionals running the comp

I am brand spankin' new to this ----- nekkid  

PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States 28awards
Joined 30th June 2016
Forum Posts: 704

Well, here I am, I've been following along and it sounds like it's going to be great. I've started writing some stuff and I think I can make it fit, it's a series..

I'm going to see how it goes in the next couple weeks and then give a final confirmation if I think I can do this..

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

Tallen said:

I leave that up to the returning inkers
and the Professionals running the comp

I am brand spankin' new to this ----- nekkid  

LOL why are you Nekkid - just askin

Maybe the professionals can remind this returner of the rules on 50 unique words

poet Anonymous

David_Macleod said:

LOL why are you Nekkid - just askin

Maybe the professionals can remind this returner of the rules on 50 unique words

David I should stay quiet since I’m no professional and not even taking part… but I will give you my understanding anyway – just cause

If you use the word ‘a’ four times in your poem it’s only counted as one unique word. So repeated words are only counted once in terms of being unique, regardless of how many times you use them.  You need to have at least 50 unique words in your poem (more is ok too).

Contractions such as isn’t can be used and re-used in full form to count as unique words – isn’t (1 unique word) is (another unique word) and not (another unique word).

My understanding – just saying

Good luck to all you brave people

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

sophie_ericson said:

If you use the word ‘a’ four times in your poem it’s only counted as one unique word. So repeated words are only counted once in terms of being unique, regardless of how many times you use them.  You need to have at least 50 unique words in your poem (more is ok too).

Contractions such as isn’t can be used and re-used in full form to count as unique words – isn’t (1 unique word) is (another unique word) and not (another unique word).

Thank you, Sophie.  

The rules haven't changed in the three years we've hosted this comp, and are explained not only in previous years threads we've linked to numerous times over the course of our Poetic Medic comp posts the last three months, but in this very thread by Johnny in response to the same question ( as quoted by Jade as a direct response above ).  

Thank you as well for the well-wishes.  You should dip your toe in the water and give it a go.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

PoetsRevenge said:Well, here I am, I've been following along and it sounds like it's going to be great. I've started writing some stuff and I think I can make it fit, it's a series..

I'm going to see how it goes in the next couple weeks and then give a final confirmation if I think I can do this..

STOKED you'll be joining us!  📝❤

Amorous_tryst
Dangerous Mind
United States 16awards
Joined 12th June 2017
Forum Posts: 945

sophie_ericson said:

David I should stay quiet since I’m no professional and not even taking part… but I will give you my understanding anyway – just cause

You've nailed it Sophie, (though I'm no pro.)

JusTim_
Tyrant of Words
United States 26awards
Joined 22nd Jan 2017
Forum Posts: 171

I'll give it a go
I'm in

Chicago, CST

Amorous_tryst
Dangerous Mind
United States 16awards
Joined 12th June 2017
Forum Posts: 945

JusTim_ said:I'll give it a go
I'm in

Chicago, CST

Yaaaaa!

I'll be keeping an eye on you.

JusTim_
Tyrant of Words
United States 26awards
Joined 22nd Jan 2017
Forum Posts: 171

Amorous_tryst said:

Yaaaaa!

I'll be keeping an eye on you.

Might need both eyes

Summerrain75
Dangerous Mind
Philippines 10awards
Joined 6th Jan 2019
Forum Posts: 336

Seems like everyone is ready for the challenge.:-)

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JusTim_ said:I'll give it a go
I'm in

Chicago, CST

Welcome Tim! And we're up to 20 registrants and a lurker!

T-minus two weeks until kickoff! You have until March 31st to register right here!

You know you wanna!

Ahavati - Returning Host
JohnnyBlaze - Returning Host
Jade-Pandora - Returning/Team Member
_shadoe_ -Returning/Team Member
fromtheash - Returning
HepCat61 - Returning
LordViddax - Returning
rowantree - Returning
Imperfectedstone - Returning
David_Macleod - Returning
cloventongue - Returning
DaisyGrace - Returning
yelluw_always - Inaugural/ Team Member
Summerrain75 - Inaugural/ Team Member
Amorous_Tryst - Inaugural/ Team Member  
Tallen - Inaugural
SatinUGal - Inaugural
24601- John Brady - Inaugural
PoetsRevenge - Inaugural
JusTim - Inaugural

AnonymousBystander - Lurker

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

sophie_ericson said:

Thank you, Sophie, for your helpful and polite reply and the speed of your help - you're a professional in my book - A professional Poet - thank you :-))))))))))))))))

Gahddess_Worship
Osomajestuoso
Tyrant of Words
United States 37awards
Joined 21st Aug 2013
Forum Posts: 795

I'm in...again. didn't make it too far last year. One can dream, right?

Go to page:
Go to: