Official DUP NaPo/GloProWriMo 2019 Discussion

poet
Summerrain75
Fire of Insight
Philippines
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 6th Jan 2019
Forum Posts: 97

Ahavati said:The Official Banner of 2019 will now join the previous two years!   Until next year, Poets, Fair skies and following seas! Wow! Thank you A & JB for everything you've done.

poet
SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States
14awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 474

Love the banner, and glad it got my double eye in there

poet
Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom
21awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6387

For any of those watching/ reading with some inclination to join in next year, please do. The experience is invaluable and bar any personal challenges (such as writing only villanelles) the competition is not as stressful or as bad as it may look from the outside. The event handily comes with two very helpful and supportive hosts, in the form of Johnny and Ahavati, and other entrants tend to band together to form a community if you need any pointers or plain old reassurance.
So if you thought you might have a go next year but have some reasons not to, I would highly recommend joining in and conquering those fears.

poet
Summerrain75
Fire of Insight
Philippines
Joined 6th Jan 2019

Viddax said:For any of those watching/ reading with some inclination to join in next year, please do. The experience is invaluable and bar any personal challenges (such as writing only villanelles) the competition is not as stressful or as bad as it may look from the outside. The event handily comes with two very helpful and supportive hosts, in the form of Johnny and Ahavati, and other entrants tend to band together to form a community if you need any pointers or plain old reassurance.
So if you thought you might have a go next year but have some reasons not to, I would highly recommend joining in and conquering those fears.

I was having second thoughts in joining but through Ahavati I was able to make up my mind and joined despite the uncertainty I felt. If time permits me to stay longer here I would still join the NaPo.

poet
Josh
Dangerous Mind
Portugal
15awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 267

What an absolutely epic video - parabens em extremo.

Ahavati said:
"Josh - wonderful offering - I'll be commenting on your personal page.  As an aside, I am so happy that our email prompted your return to DUP and NaPo participation this year.  You had been truly missed."

Well thank you so much for pulling me out of Brexit Blues and giving me a many more times positive focus. My poetry writing had ground to a halt too. I am am deeply in your debt. Josh xxx  :)))

poet
ImperfectedStone
P M Banks
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom
24awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Oct 2010
Forum Posts: 1077

I'm glad some one else has Brexit blues, you're not alone. Glad you're feeling out of your funk.

poet
Josh
Dangerous Mind
Portugal
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

ImperfectedStone said:I'm glad some one else has Brexit blues, you're not alone. Glad you're feeling out of your funk.

Thank you, Poppy. As an ex-pat the uncertainty was getting to me but in the end I have concluded what will be, will be - I can't guess ahead what might happen, and I'll deal with it when there's something concrete to deal with.  :))

poet
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
63awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 2408

Summerrain75 said: Wow! Thank you A & JB for everything you've done.

SatInUGal said:Love the banner, and glad it got my double eye in there

You're both very welcome!

Viddax said:For any of those watching/ reading with some inclination to join in next year, please do. The experience is invaluable and bar any personal challenges (such as writing only villanelles) the competition is not as stressful or as bad as it may look from the outside. The event handily comes with two very helpful and supportive hosts, in the form of Johnny and Ahavati, and other entrants tend to band together to form a community if you need any pointers or plain old reassurance.

Thank you, Viddax. We appreciate that. Until someone experiences NaPo - they honestly won't realize what they're capable of.

Summerrain75 said:

I was having second thoughts in joining but through Ahavati I was able to make up my mind and joined despite the uncertainty I felt. If time permits me to stay longer here I would still join the NaPo.

I'm so happy you joined us, Summer. You did amazing.

Josh said:What an absolutely epic video - parabens em extremo.

Ahavati said:
"Josh - wonderful offering - I'll be commenting on your personal page.  As an aside, I am so happy that our email prompted your return to DUP and NaPo participation this year.  You had been truly missed."

Well thank you so much for pulling me out of Brexit Blues and giving me a many more times positive focus. My poetry writing had ground to a halt too. I am am deeply in your debt. Josh xxx  :)))

Thanks, Josh. It could've been so much better but I didn't get the idea until 3/4th the way through.  I really didn't have time to do what I would've liked to. Ah, but next year!

We're happy you're back - and that's the best testament to the power of NaPo anyone could give right there!

poet
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Josh said:

Thank you, Poppy. As an ex-pat the uncertainty was getting to me but in the end I have concluded what will be, will be - I can't guess ahead what might happen, and I'll deal with it when there's something concrete to deal with. :))

Josh, had I not taken that attitude regarding leadership in my own country I would've lost my mind years ago.

poet
Josh
Dangerous Mind
Portugal
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Ahavati said:

Josh, had I not taken that attitude regarding leadership in my own country I would've lost my mind years ago.

Thank you for the confirmation   :))

poet
PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 30th June 2016
Forum Posts: 143

Ahavati said:The Official Banner of 2019 will now join the previous two years!   Until next year, Poets, Fair skies and following seas!

This came out beautiful and I loved the video, the images were so creative and the jungle music made me want to dance, really a cute concept, so imaginative

poet
Misfitpoet89
Twisted Dreamer
United States
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 25th Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 79

The video is magnificent and the banner is wonderful. Thank you everyone for this wonderful experience this year and thank you NaPo team who worked so hard to make this the best year yet! Special thanks to Ahavati and Johnny for cohosting this competition again this year and working so hard!

poet
JohnnyBlaze
Dangerous Mind
United States
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 1181

Thank you for the compliments on the video. It is very much appreciated. Ahavati put in a lot of hours fabricating it. I put in a lot of hours keeping her propped up at her desk and caffeinated enough to finish it in time. 🎬🎥

poet
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

PoetsRevenge said:

This came out beautiful and I loved the video, the images were so creative and the jungle music made me want to dance, really a cute concept, so imaginative

Thank you, PoetsRevenge!

Misfitpoet89 said:The video is magnificent and the banner is wonderful. Thank you everyone for this wonderful experience this year and thank you NaPo team who worked so hard to make this the best year yet! Special thanks to Ahavati and Johnny for cohosting this competition again this year and working so hard!

Thank you, Misfit! Happy you could join us again.

JohnnyBlaze said:Thank you for the compliments on the video. It is very much appreciated. Ahavati put in a lot of hours fabricating it. I put in a lot of hours keeping her propped up at her desk and caffeinated enough to finish it in time. 🎬🎥

LOL! True story!

poet
Summerrain75
Fire of Insight
Philippines
Joined 6th Jan 2019

I agree with PoetsRevenge. The jungle music is very good.

Go to page:
Go to: