Go to page:

Official DUP NaPo/GloProWriMo 2019 Discussion

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14647

Thank you to "Juanita Ponce de Leonie" for her generous awards!  

We've had to take a few hours to simply rest, read, and kinda unwind doing what WE want to do vs what we NEEDED to do, as we have been for the last 30 days.  Now we'd like to take this time to credit our amazing team, who made each graphic update you saw possible by their willingness to lift some of the burden off this massive challenge.

Jade-Pandora - Edit Monitor, for her diligent attention to post detail and edit count per entry.

yelluw_always - Unique Word Monitor, for her gracious willingness to verify a unique word count of 50 per entry.

Amorous Tryst & Earth_Shadow - Time Monitors, for their meticulous ability to coordinate global timestamps per entry.

Summerrain75 & JusTim_ - Count Monitors, for their commitment to numerical accuracy per entry.

Now, in case you don't think that's much responsibility, keep in mind there were almost 900 submissions in this NaPo - and these team members were writing themselves.  Captain Johnny and I wouldn't have been able to provide each entrant with a gift of poetic design, much less promote, market, or develop a storyboard without them.

So who are the real heroes and backbone of this competition?  Exactly.

Thank you, Team Napo '19, for making this the BEST NaPo ever.

In addition to the visual art piece, here is a little gift below on the front page of our site for all of you to remember this year by. We hope you enjoy it.

Thank you to those who helped, who participated, who cheered those who did on, and particularly those who tried but weren't able to complete the challenge.  This may not have been your year - but next year will be!

On to 20/20!

http://poeticmedics.com/

JusTim_
Tyrant of Words
United States 26awards
Joined 22nd Jan 2017
Forum Posts: 171

My trophy must not have made it in one piece...I don't see it

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JusTim_ said:My trophy must not have made it in one piece...I don't see it

You know what, Tim - I bet the underscore at the end of your name was inadvertently omitted. I'll email her right now.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Jade-Pandora said:Hi Sage!  Consider yourself tiger-hugged for being a lovely friend as we are now on the other side of April.  Such an incredible time, in every way possible, testing & pushing ourselves beyond what limits we thought might hold us back.

After being up till extremely late, eating a bowl of dry cereal like a granola snack ( I don’t eat salty chips or ice cream like I used to ) in a celebratory way... I zoned out, then slept in, and didn’t get here till - hmm let me see - after lunchtime.  And coming down from everything, I’m kinda sluggish both in body & mind, and haven’t done much since I got here.  

Blah blah.., I’m just kinda rambling. So once again...

It’s all been simply incredible, and thank you, so much!

AND MY CONGRATULATIONS GO OUT TO EVERYONE WHO MADE IT THROUGH ALL THIRTY DAYS, AND ARE NOW PLUS A SHINY NEW TROPHY!
🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅

🐾❤️Jadey

Sorry I covered you up, Jade!  I think we were posting at the same time.  Thank you for your kind words and incredible support. It was priceless and we were blessed to have you on board!  ❤️

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Guys I'm really sorry - I'm trying to catch up! xo

yelluw_always said:OMG.

What a ride this was. Amazing, amazing. I can't wait to take a breather and catch up on everyone else's writing as well as reply to comments. Thank you to all those who read through this month. I'll return the favor. I am so proud of myself and... seriously... you all rocked this month. Pretty good success rate of those who made it through. Good job everyone.

I learned so much about what I tend to do and can't wait to strengthen all those writes. <3 and light to all you poet warriors.

That's exactly what we want to here, Haley!  Thank you for your dedication and commitment to NaPo in both Teamwork and participation! You went over and above!

Gahddess_Worship said:Thank you so much Ahavati,  Johnny and all the other proctor's 😁 for your tireless efforts to make NaPo an enjoyable experience.
How you managed to also write is beyond my comprehension. Bravissimo! 🙏

It's easy Gahddess! We had a team!  Thank you for sailing with us this year - was a real honor to have you!

ImperfectedStone said:This, GW. As above. These guys are superheroes. It is enough to just get through let alone the dedication given by the team and A and JB. Epic. Absolutely epic. Thank you.

Thank you, Poppy! Your contributions were remarkable and I was so happy you rejoined us this year!  Can't wait to have you on our team next year! xo

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:
In addition to the visual art piece, here is a little gift below on the front page of our site for all of you to remember this year by. We hope you enjoy it.

I hope to have the energy sometime this year to combine all the daily update stories and incorporate the video as a poem submission!  

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1752

In appreciation of A & J & the team, this is what NaPo-2019 has meant to me, for which I thank you all. (poem also posted on my regular page).

DIGESTING THE NAPO-2019 EXPERIENCE

There is a monument in the sky called ‘the moon’
with strange opening and closing times, and rituals.
Lift your arms and dance when at its brightest;
retreat to your cocoons when closed - and meditate.
This orbit-driven rhythm offers thrilling experiences
where an immanent God of body-wisdom supports healing:
   new and unexpected creatures emerge from ocean depths;
   saplings rise in their innocent beauty with a beguiling future;
   shape-shifting worlds open up through alluring languages;
   proverbial chess-moves kiss a singing harp;
   journals of the heart are pirouetted on a glorious stage;
   everyday life is invoked and chanted to the heavens …
I must say, I for one am amazed at such gifting
where trust makes love easy, and love makes trust complete.
We’re home - where flowers flower forever.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

O my gosh ... Josh can't stop writing!  

Summerrain75
Dangerous Mind
Philippines 10awards
Joined 6th Jan 2019
Forum Posts: 365

Josh said:In appreciation of A & J & the team, this is what NaPo-2019 has meant to me, for which I thank you all. (poem also posted on my regular page).

DIGESTING THE NAPO-2019 EXPERIENCE

There is a monument in the sky called ‘the moon’
with strange opening and closing times, and rituals.
Lift your arms and dance when at its brightest;
retreat to your cocoons when closed - and meditate.
This orbit-driven rhythm offers thrilling experiences
where an immanent God of body-wisdom supports healing:
   new and unexpected creatures emerge from ocean depths;
   saplings rise in their innocent beauty with a beguiling future;
   shape-shifting worlds open up through alluring languages;
   proverbial chess-moves kiss a sea-going harp;
   journals of the heart are pirouetted on a glorious stage;
   everyday life is invoked and chanted to the heavens …
I must say, I for one am amazed at such gifting
where trust makes love easy, and love makes trust complete.
We’re home - where flowers flower forever.
so beautiful Josh.

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1752

Summerrain75 said: so beautiful Josh.

Thank you.

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

Ahavati said:In addition to the visual art piece, here is a little gift below on the front page of our site for all of you to remember this year by. We hope you enjoy it.

On to 20/20!

I still can’t believe it’s only 4:55AM Cali time!

I just finished watching/ listening to that most awesome video that you made for our memory banks to enjoy for the rest of our lives.  It’s the most awesome thing, and the SOUNDTRACK!

This has been just the best! Thank you eternally, Captains Ahavati & JohnnyBlaze!

🐾RAAAWRRR

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Jade-Pandora said:

I still can’t believe it’s only 4:55AM Cali time!

I just finished watching/ listening to that most awesome video that you made for our memory banks to enjoy for the rest of our lives.  It’s the most awesome thing, and the SOUNDTRACK!

This has been just the best! Thank you eternally, Captains Ahavati & JohnnyBlaze!

🐾RAAAWRRR

Thanks, Jadey!  It was fun to throw together! We appreciate your dedication to the team and the Spirit of NaPo!

Johnny - BITE YOUR TONGUE! XO

Josh - wonderful offering - I'll be commenting on your personal page.  As an aside, I am so happy that our email prompted your return to DUP and NaPo participation this year.  You had been truly missed.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:
Johnny - BITE YOUR TONGUE! XO

LOL I said "if" ! I've only been up for 4 hours today, an hour of which was spent with you judging two more comps.  I could really use a nap. 😴😵

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

The Official Banner of 2019 will now join the previous two years!   Until next year, Poets, Fair skies and following seas!

Go to page:
Go to: