Go to page:

Official DUP NaPo/GloProWriMo 2019 Discussion

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

DUPeeps, welcome to the Official DUP NaPo/GloPoWriMo 2019 from your CoHosts, Ahavati & JohnnyBlaze!

Sign-up has begun and registration for this epic challenge will run the entire month of March.

Last year we had 18 survivors limping cross the April 30th finish line!

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/images/uploads/forum_post/424609.jpg

How many will we have this year?!

You must register by no later than midnight ( your time zone ), March 31st with a post declaring, " I'm in! " in THIS thread.

You must also declare your Location and Time Zone.

For example : " I'm in! North Carolina, EST "

You have one month to prepare and here is how to best accomplish this:

Jot down ideas into your Drafts or on separate pages of a notebook. It can be a couple words, a few lines or even a handful of stanzas - it doesn't matter. The point is, you spill an idea out onto a page in one sitting. Whatever ends up on the page in that session, you then LEAVE IT ALONE until April 1st.  

Hopefully when the competition kicks off, you will have plenty of raw ideas ready to be sculpted into rough drafts and then revised into polished works of art.

The spirit of NaPo is to write, write, and write, producing a body of work you wouldn't normally have. It teaches you, through discipline and commitment, that you have the ability to make writing a priority despite what's going on around you.

You will be required to post 1 poem per day throughout the 30 days of April.

However, things are going to happen! Family emergencies, internet outages, previous engagements, etc ..... We understand that you may not be able to focus on writing or even access DUP on a day here and there for a multitude of "legitimate reasons".

This is where you can take the initiative by completing poems ahead of schedule rather than scrambling to complete and post more than one in a day when you finally do have the opportunity.

We also wish to introduce our Official DUP NaPo/GloProWriMo Team Members!

Jade-Pandora is tasked with taking notes on whoever edits their entries after the 24 hour grace period alotted, for which they will be penalized and risk forfeiture of the Trophy.

yelluw_always will be checking each entry to ensure that it meets the 50 unique word minimum.

Summerrain75 and JusTim_ will be monitoring the consecutive poem number count.

Amorous_Tryst and _shadoe_ will be ensuring each participant submits one poem per day in their time zone ( unless excused by us ).

Do NOT contact these Team Members for any reason whatsoever regarding this competition. They will be busy enough as it is with their writing for the challenge and handling their assigned tasks.

Any questions, suggestions, or comments? Post'em here!

And if you feel you must contact Ahavati and JohnnyBlaze with a concern, you may do so through Private Message.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

Going my way, Big Boy?  👍😉💋

I'm in! North Carolina! EST! 📝🏆

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:Going my way, Big Boy?  👍😉💋

I'm in! North Carolina! EST! 📝🏆

LOL

You betcha! 💋

I'm in too! Wisconsin! CST! 📝🏆

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

LOL

You betcha! 💋

I'm in too! Wisconsin! CST! 📝🏆

All ABOARD!

Amorous_tryst
Dangerous Mind
United States 16awards
Joined 12th June 2017
Forum Posts: 945

I'm in...though probably over my head.

Wait!, you mean I have to know what time of day it is all over the world on top of figuring out when to go to bed.

See all of you in the trenches.

Indiana...EST

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Amorous_tryst said:I'm in...though probably over my head.

Wait!, you mean I have to know what time of day it is all over the world on top of figuring out when to go to bed.

See all of you in the trenches.

Indiana...EST

🌏👀🌎⌚🌍👀🌏⏰🌎👀

LOLOL! 🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

I  AM  SO  IN !!

California  PST

🐾🐯RAWR!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Welcome aboard, Jade! 🚂

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

I am definitely In - Scotland - GMT

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2264

I want to but............I am sooooooooo indolent and I get distracted easily.  However, I DO have about 13 half spills and many reworks on my table.  Would we be able to spill about ANYTHING or is there a theme and structure we need to adhere to?

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Welcome everyone so far to NaPo/GloProWriMo 2019!  

Tallen said:I want to but............I am sooooooooo indolent and I get distracted easily.  However, I DO have about 13 half spills and many reworks on my table.  Would we be able to spill about ANYTHING or is there a theme and structure we need to adhere to?

Hi, Tallen.

You may write about anything in any structure of your choosing!

However, the final poem must be 50 unique words or more in length. That means a minimum of 50 words that aren't repeated.

We will have more to say regarding the rules in the actual competition thread when it is posted.

As for spills ..... it can only be "something" you wrote down in a single sitting and never worked on again until AFTER the competition begins on April 1st.

That means a writing that you did not edit and edit and edit before putting it away. You spilled it onto a page and left it be as is.

Some people are adept at spilling out entire poems without any revisions before putting the notebook away or saving in Drafts. If you can do that, more power to you.  

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

JohnnyBlaze said:Welcome everyone so far to NaPo/GloProWriMo 2019!  

Hi, Tallen.

You may write about anything in any structure of your choosing!

However, the final poem must be 50 unique words or more in length. That means a minimum of 50 words that aren't repeated.

We will have more to say regarding the rules in the actual competition thread when it is posted.

As for spills ..... it can only be "something" you wrote down in a single sitting and never worked on again until AFTER the competition begins on April 1st.

That means a writing that you did not edit and edit and edit before putting it away. You spilled it onto a page and left it be as is.

Some people are adept at spilling out entire poems without any revisions before putting the notebook away or saving in Drafts. If you can do that, more power to you.  

I can do that - the only hang up I have (& forgive me but it's probably my schizophrenia and my using Logic to combat the disability in lieu of drugs)
is the 50 word gig.

The way I read what You say is that I have to create a spill
that has 50 words and not a single one of the 50 is the same.
Am I correct in the way I read You?

and thank You for responding.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Tallen said:

I can do that - the only hang up I have (& forgive me but it's probably my schizophrenia and my using Logic to combat the disability in lieu of drugs)
is the 50 word gig.

The way I read what You say is that I have to create a spill
that has 50 words and not a single one of the 50 is the same.
Am I correct in the way I read You?

and thank You for responding.

The finished version of every poem you post in the competition thread must contain at least 50 different words.

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

I think I can do that......

........OK, I'm game  

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015