Page:

Them Darn Optimistic Writers

fieryangelsouljia
M6rr6g6n
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 30th Nov 2011
Forum Posts: 263

There are people out there that can write the most tender, touching love songs. There are people out there who can write poetry that makes you wanna dance barefoot in the grass on a sunny day. There are such OPTIMISTIC LIGHT HEARTED WRITERS ON THIS PLANET. All my poems remain sad, dark, or morbid. I've failed multiple times to write poetry that is lighthearted or humorous or sweet. I have a few, but it's so very few. I'd like to write something sweet for once without accidentally tainting it with sadness, cruelty, or darkness. Anyone else have similar issues? HELP???

poet Anonymous

I have similar difficulty. So much of the time writing is inspired by personal tragedy and without inspiration, light or dark, just cannot develop in a meaningful way. Much of the writing on love is also mired in tragedy and sadness eliciting emotion that light cannot. As with everything there must be a balance and without darkness would there be light? If your life has experienced great tragedy, as mine has, then perhaps those are the feelings we are meant to convey. Sadness, cruelty, and darkness can inspire or brighten the light in it's own right. For me, forcing to write something in a contrary manner is very difficult indeed.

poet Anonymous

I believe my happier poems come out as lessons - when I have learned something. Or simply remembered to treat myself with a bit of love.

There’s a lot of tragedy in my life also... however I find the positive poems a great catalyst for a smile every now and then.

LunasChild8
Dangerous Mind
Canada 21awards
Joined 27th Dec 2017
Forum Posts: 536

I write positive-themed poems so that when I'm in a dark place, I'd feel better. As a bonus, other readers tend to feel better when they read my work.

yelluw_always
Haley Quaquaversal
Fire of Insight
United States 5awards
Joined 24th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 141

i myself don’t write much upbeat stuff but if i do it is usually a result of reading those types of poems/writings-  i suggest Kenneth Koch as someone who is real yet has so much exurberence... a place to start might be by a writer who inspires you vs you starting from scratch in unfamiliar territory.

Page:
Go to: