Vegan prejudiced

poet
Darksun82
Thought Provoker
Australia
4awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 4th Dec 2016
Forum Posts: 92

Hey guys I've been vegan now for year and a half and im not the activist vegan type i just changed my eating habits i was a long time meat eater and thats all i used to eat but then i realized the impact on animals getting killed for my dinner  and the impact on my heath  too but in beening vegan i have copped a lot of shit off most people just by saying im a  vegan its like theres  prejudiced against vegans if theres any vegans in the underground have you experience this ?.
Is the V word a bad word now.

poet
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
87awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 6862

Iím not a vegan. I eat meat.

I also have been known to kill my own meat. Not because Iím a bad person, but because I want that no filters connection with my food, and the cycle and where it comes from. I want to understand what it is that I am eating. I want to touch it and truly appreciate that this was once a living thing. The more you understand about your food, the more grounded you are with the cycle.

My sister is a vegan. I have vegan friends. Sometimes I go to vegan cafeís with them and eat vegan food and chat and have a laugh. Sometimes we go to the pub, and Iíll eat a chicken burger and theyíll have a veggie burger and nobody bats an eyelid.

When I meet with my meditation circle, half the members are vegan. I bake vegan cakes for our meets because itís easy enough to do and I do this so that nobody feels left out. Not to mention - they taste virtually the same.

Being within the Druid / Pagan community, there is almost a noticeable pressure to be vegan or vegetarian. I am very much into eco activism - I recycle like a motherfucka. Iíve reduced my plastic useage by at least 3/4ís. I even make my own toothpaste because it really winds me up that you canít recycle toothpaste tubes. I believe in the Earth.

For me, when I do eat meat, I eat it with common sense. We have a farm shop and I try to buy as much of my meat and eggs there where itís had a good life. I also give thanks to my food, and honour the life of my food that nourishes me in all rituals and ceremonies.

Iím a conscious carnivore who has great respect for the vegan community. Like all things, itís about mutual respect. Itís all about not being a dick to each other.

How you live your life is not my business at the end of the day. More power to ya.

poet
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
50awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 1707

Darksun82 said:Hey guys I've been vegan now for year and a half and im not the activist vegan type i just changed my eating habits i was a long time meat eater and thats all i used to eat but then i realized the impact on animals getting killed for my dinner  and the impact on my heath  too but in beening vegan i have copped a lot of shit off most people just by saying im a  vegan its like theres  prejudiced against vegans if theres any vegans in the underground have you experience this ?.
Is the V word a bad word now.

I've been a vegetarian for over half a decade now and shaming from both sides does exist.  While I'm not 100% vegan, I might as well and probably could be, as I barely eat dairy/animal-based products beyond the cube of cheese at a wine pairing, etc.

It's always fascinated me how focused select individuals can be on what others consume.  

The irony is that you can save one rescue animal and you're heralded a hero.  Save hundreds of over the course of your life by not supporting agricultural farming  and you're deemed an annoying vegetarian by some.  🐔🐄🐖🐡

Go figure.  

poet
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Dangerous Mind
10awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 651

I was a vegan in 1978 , and lived and worked at both a raw foods community

feeding up to 400 people a day , as well a farm with 120 acres of short and sweet

Peruvian carrots , and 120 acres of melons and other vegetables...

We ran a juice operation there , and supplied all Tuscon and Phoenix with fresh

juice every day...( just a dozen of us , plus owner and his wife )

There was less judgement then , on all sides , than I see now...;)

poet
Darksun82
Thought Provoker
Australia
4awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 4th Dec 2016
Forum Posts: 92

I don't understand why there's judgement I know that there is vegans that  interrupt people's dinner at restaurants saying that they're eating meat and that is wrong to eat me but on the other hand it's not there right to go into a public place and put their beliefs on people saying what the eating is wrong those types of vegans label other vegans in the same basket and i think most people who go vegan its not for the Spectacle but for a good healthier  life Style .
I'm not saying if you eat meat you're not healthy it's like all diets some work well for others and some dont .

poet
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Vegans that interrupt other people's dining experience should be shown to the door.  

Radical behaviour resides on both sides of the spectrum in all things, including religion, politics, and so forth.  Your, mine, and our responsibility is to simply live our own life.  

poet
johnno83
Mr Johnno
Strange Creature
United Kingdom
  profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 6

No doubt about it!!!

poet
johnno83
Mr Johnno
Strange Creature
United Kingdom
Joined 5th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 6

A lifestyle choice - great!  An Instagram obsession - No way!

The issue I have with some vegan folk and by some I mean a very small minority is that it is not the ethics they are really interested in, it's looking popular.  Shouting off the rooftops, hash tagging "vegan", judging others is not the way forward.  In general I couldn't care less if someone is a meat eater, veggie, pesco, vegan.

Live your own life, in your own way without impacting others.

poet
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

johnno83 said:A lifestyle choice - great!  An Instagram obsession - No way!

The issue I have with some vegan folk and by some I mean a very small minority is that it is not the ethics they are really interested in, it's looking popular.  Shouting off the rooftops, hash tagging "vegan", judging others is not the way forward.  In general I couldn't care less if someone is a meat eater, veggie, pesco, vegan.

Live your own life, in your own way without impacting others.

Exactly.

Conversely, select carnivores shame vegans and vegetarians to alleviate some deeply seeded inferiority complex.

poet
rabbitquest
Anna Mossity
Dangerous Mind
Jordan
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 1531

"...deeply seeded.."  Thats It!  seeds  planted too deeply can't sprout.
If they just plant their seeds more shallowly, the plants can sprout and grow,
and eaten and enjoyed by the carnivore.

which leads me to ask, "can a carnivore eat a vegetarian as a fast track to becoming vegan?"

poet
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Dangerous Mind
10awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 651

I have heard juice aryans and breath aryans rule...lol

poet
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
87awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 6862

rabbitquest said:

which leads me to ask, "can a carnivore eat a vegetarian as a fast track to becoming vegan?"

... ok that I laughed at.

poet
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

rabbitquest said:"...deeply seeded.."  Thats It!  seeds  planted too deeply can't sprout.
If they just plant their seeds more shallowly, the plants can sprout and grow,
and eaten and enjoyed by the carnivore.

😂

Unfortunately, canibalism disqualifies that. It was a good question, if that helps.

poet
PoetWarrior
TR
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 22nd Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 43

Haven't eaten any meat, fish or chicken in 4 months.  I'm down to 122 pounds. Fell tired, but better off.  Now I'll gradually allow a little chicken, bu that's it!

poet
PsycoticMastermind
Thought Provoker
United States
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 159

Ahavati said:

😂

Unfortunately, canibalism disqualifies that. It was a good question, if that helps.

Everyone tastes like chicken anyway. 🐓

Go to page:
Go to: