Go to page:

Ask The Person Below You A Question

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 5266

inechoingsilence said:The Imitation Game. At the end, Turing (who was so brilliant) was reduced to so little bc of prejudice and hate.

What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud? Like, belly laughs til you cried.

Not exactly till i cried but surely quite a few belly laughs watching Bugs and Daffy(Especially Daffy's oblivious narcissism)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fKNkiJl_Ro

the moment for me was at 02:43 in the vid...after he throws the Soda can over the Grand Canyon

why do some folks not know when to stop?

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 10awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1161

Either because they're insane (according to the definition of insanity often attributed to Einstein), or because they don't realize that they can't get what they're really looking for by the method they're using.

Do you think chimpanzees have arguments?

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017

i reckon they either have fights or settle their differences at social grooming times . This one i bet explains a lot(of the visible absence of the arguments)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfSx8BG-Gy4

last time you beeped(honked) someone for a good few seconds?

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 10awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1161

I live in a very polite part of the world; haven't touched my horn in ages, literally years. I do engage in a loud "whatthefuuuck!" accompanied by hand gestures occasionally though.

Do you think humans should engage in more social grooming?

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017

tell you what... looks good on paper...but way in the early 80's being forecefully groomed by Mum for the suspected incidence of Lice( which somehow as she put it didn't like my unsweet blood) was neither a pretty nor a pleasant experience. so the answer is no..but again i could be wrong as some adults may enjoy it.

your answer?

ImperfectedStone
The Gardener
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 28awards
Joined 10th Oct 2010
Forum Posts: 1347

No I do not, unsolicited touching is not necessary. If I wanted grooming I would do it myself or ask. If I don't ask, don't do it.

What is your favourite view from your window? (season, time of day, animals, planes, weather, other people etc)

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14574

I have two, actually: the first is morning when the squirrels are at play and the rising light through the elm tree casts shards of crystal across the room.  The second is the evening when the setting light filters through the double-front window crystals and the yard is filled with wildlife, rabbits, squirrels, birds, a possum meandering across the yard, etc.  These are magical despite the season , although winter brings a scarcity of animals during the extreme cold. I guess more light through barren trees is the tradeoff.

What is your all-time favorite poem and why?

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017

it is difficult to pin point one.... i have a few for they have unique effects on me every time i read them and how deeply i relate with them.

as a child ever been groomed with a fine toothed comb by Mum or an elder for lice?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

yeah, not a great eperiance. I remember doing my daughter's when she was in school. very frutrating going through all the trouble only for her to come back a few days later with another batch because some parents coulldn't be bothered. I ended up cutting her hair short

Whats a good memory you have from school

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017

in middle school, getting there early playing all sortsa games with my buddies. games that were ahem...not practiced in the school PTE programs

you?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Class won a talent contest, we got to go to an adventure park

do you think there's merit in the recent assertion that Austrailian natives were/ are the oldest civilization on earth

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017

so far the boffins are saying the Natives go much more back than 40 thousand years the latest numbers put their early marks on this land around 60 thousand years. One of the oldest, Yes, but 'the' oldest... i doubt we can settle for that...for one thing it has been agreed upon is the First People here themselves arrived after a long journey from somewhere over the seas further to our north... i'd leave the rest to your imagination

Were you surprised/amused when Galway was chosen as European Capital Of Culture for 2020?  and Craic has much to do with that i bet!

Carpe_Noctem
Tyrant of Words
Spain 8awards
Joined 3rd Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 2915

First I heard of it but I do like craic

Do you think Atlantians existed. I love language and if you trace it back it connects, perhaps babel existed also

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Galway has a decent enough scene, music, comedy, and art. plus it has the gaelteach : an area where people speak only Irish (gaelic) theres a school / college poeple come from all over thr country and other countries to attend. so wasn't surprised as such. did wonder what the criteria was

what do you think the criteria should be

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017

Carpe_Noctem said:First I heard of it but I do like craic

Do you think Atlantians existed. I love language and if you trace it back it connects, perhaps babel existed also

perhaps bro... they did..

@Lepperochan
i infer the criteria was how the folks down there deal with life...light hearted approach.. to be frank i doubt there is a better criteria

your answer?

Go to page:
Go to: