Go to page:

Ask The Person Below You A Question

poet Anonymous

Not strictly a charity shop, but I bought a very, very old large bible that was out of a church for £10 at a boot sale. Gold edging, clasps, incredible condition for something that was a few hundred years old. I sold it online to someone in America for £950. Not a bad days work at all. Cost about 60 quid to ship the bloody thing. Buyer paid.

Do you like boot sales / thrift sales / second hand sales?

inechoingsilence
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 317

I LOVE boot/thrift/secondhand/consignment sales! One of my favorite places to go is Poshmark - I got a ton of amazing things there.

What is one thing you would never buy secondhand and why?

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6698

A parachute; somewhat self-explanatory. Though if you are still wondering: its because you never want something second hand that may potentially cost your life as a working parachute is kept but a broken/faulty one is either chucked out or sold on by some slippery sod!

Have you ever bought anything from a friend?

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 5289

Yep. A car.

Have you ever sold something to your friends?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

plenty of times. non-profit obviously'

what's something you hope to be in the future

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017

best mate of my Kids like I am right now.

is there any poem you've left incomplete and been there for over an year as you just for whatever reason couldn't finish it?

ImperfectedStone
The Gardener
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 28awards
Joined 10th Oct 2010
Forum Posts: 1347

Five, mainly for being feckless.

Which hobby do you wish you had the courage/funds/time/energy to take up but don't?

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017

continuing my Grandad's legacy. He was a world renowned Classical musician. He died aged 76 in 1991. A true maestro of his field. Yes, I come from a family of artists. Musicians, writers and poets. They (my dad, uncles, aunts are true and proper artists in their own regard whether it be painting, music or literature. Life, sometimes takes you places and you have not much choice but to go, stay afloat and hopefully one day reach some calm waters and reach the shore.

you?

inechoingsilence
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Apr 2019

So many! I started a chocolate business (hand tempered chocolate with my own combinations of flavorings, etc) and I had to set that aside. So that, my poetry/stories, gardening.

What is one thing you always wanted and don't have/don't plan to acquire?

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017

am not too sure about such a thing i.e. i always wanted... surely somethings i wanted at some point int time but they became irrelevant as time passed by... closes thing would  be a professional astronomical telescope

why do some people, despite knowing it is wiser to just stay calm and hold strategic silence than just keep going on and on and on and in the process put everyone off in the name of "defending self", i mean at what point the collective peace, the greater good of the place/home becomes less important than their ego/self esteem?

inechoingsilence
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Apr 2019

I think that for some people 'self' trumps all, and if that becomes threatened (or perceived to be) than all bets are off. For some, there may never come a place where anything is more important.

How much do you care what others think of you/ how they perceive you?

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017

very little. been like this, all my life. for i can show countless examples that truth eventually comes out and things like perceptions, allegations and mud eventually fall of like the dry clay under the rain.

can anyone not write, share and appreciate what they want and not get bombarded with reminders that you must do it to "improve"?  does it have to be a must that one should only critique and not simply appreciate something they like and say what they have to say and not be judged as back patters?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14630

Of course they can. It happens every day here. Of course not; even those who take time to critique balance with comments.  How people judge us is out of anyone's control. Just be true to yourself and keep going.

Each summer a fast food restaurant here features fresh watermelon milkshakes for two months only.  What do you look forward to that is only relegated to summer?

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017

here, during summertime, the sun sets around 8pm and i get home around 7...the hour with my kids in the local park..i treasure it. There's a duck pond and lotsa greenery and we're blessed with incredible bird life that has adapted to the urban areas. All of the aforementioned with my near ones.

when was the last time a movie truly left you in tears?

inechoingsilence
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Apr 2019

The Imitation Game. At the end, Turing (who was so brilliant) was reduced to so little bc of prejudice and hate.

What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud? Like, belly laughs til you cried.

Go to page:
Go to: