Go to page:

Ask The Person Below You A Question

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

the lack of human touch and conversation

if you could permanently cure one of your condition what would it be?

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2295

David_Macleod said:the lack of human touch and conversation

if you could permanently cure one of your condition what would it be?

My dis-ability to not being able to understand people and their anger

It seems to me, that i suck at this skill.  I love and love and often am met with anger and angst though i've attempted to make amends.  I have have changed immensely -- You ask many in San Diego,Ca, who knew me when i first got out of the service.  I was not a nice person to be friends with, yet many braved and chose to.  I am grateful to those people.

Do You believe we might be different spiritually and emotionally if we do not have the handicap the world tags us with?

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

Yes - I struggle with spirituality and I am pretty much a tight ball of rage' Life has happened to me and I have let it

what is the best movie that moved you?

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

David_Macleod said:Yes - I struggle with spirituality and I am pretty much a tight ball of rage' Life has happened to me and I have let it

what is the best movie that moved you?

A Beautiful Mind
and a close 2nd -- Phenomenon

By now it's not surprise that i cry a lot and these 2 films found me either bawling or quietly sobbing.
I still cry each time i watch anew.

Are You OPEN to public emotional expression?
Why not?

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

No! I am a Glaswegian male of my generation, we are not allowed to cry in public or expose emotional responses

whats your worst habit or behaviour?

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

David_Macleod said:No! I am a Glaswegian male of my generation, we are not allowed to cry in public or expose emotional responses

whats your worst habit or behaviour?

I cut myself to the point of bleeding and soothe myself with the blood all over my skin.

Then clean the wound and bandage and tomorrow i will cut somewhere else.

Yours (same Question)

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

being negative in the main leads to thoughts of morbidity quite often

do you own a gun?

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

David_Macleod said:being negative in the main leads to thoughts of morbidity quite often

do you own a gun?

I used to own a 357 magnum and a speed loader for the weapon but i no longer live in a poor neighborhood AND when i became a student of zen Buddhism, felt i no longer should have a need for such things.  

Do You feel safer with a weapon in Your possession providing You could own one?

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

I normally carry a knife for protection - people in wheelchairs are now being targeted for mugging and home invasions

would you recommend zen Buddhism?

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

David_Macleod said:I normally carry a knife for protection - people in wheelchairs are now being targeted for mugging and home invasions

would you recommend zen Buddhism?

I would

Which of the Buddhisms You've heard of -- learned of attracted You or resonated the most with You?

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

dealing with toxic people and bad associations I have learned there is a time to walk away rather than allowing them to pull you down

what is your favourite Buddhist teaching?

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

David_Macleod said:dealing with toxic people and bad associations I have learned there is a time to walk away rather than allowing them to pull you down

what is your favourite Buddhist teaching?

when i chose to leave Christianity, i sought out what felt like the most gentle of the Buddhist beliefs and zen resonated with me.

Most of my family on my Mom's side are Buddhist (no idea what type) and so only on my caucasian side am i the most misunderstood.

But my Sister and her husband accept me and that is a lot.

How much time past by should it be to be forgiven, providing someone has improved themselves and via actions -- changed for the better?

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

depends on the crime and damage done I have a short list of people that I will not forgive, I cannot forgive and If I seek forgiveness and it is spat back in my face I tend to walk away

should everyone be forgiven?

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

David_Macleod said:depends on the crime and damage done I have a short list of people that I will not forgive, I cannot forgive and If I seek forgiveness and it is spat back in my face I tend to walk away

should everyone be forgiven?

I believe -- from intimate personal experience --
the only way for me to heal and heal others is to forgive those who harmed me.  I no longer need them to acknowledge me and my forgiveness.  Just that I have and DO is enough and more than enough for my spirit.

I have suffered physical shit i pray no one ever has to endure in this or any future lifetimes.  I still forgive my abuser.  I pray that he finds the compassion and will to forgive himself and find peace .........maybe joy, as well.

Is all sentient life a sacred thing?  

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

not sure I would use the word sacred, but I think all life has an equal value

are you a vegetarian?

Go to page:
Go to: