poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

Controlling people, I fucking hate them.

AEMelia564 said:

Do you think an lp was better than a cd and why?

Yes, I still have my vinyls. Nostalgia I believe.  

Are you easily satisfied? [like the simplest things in life make me happy]

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

more art on an LP and the lyrics were bigger. LP is easier to keep in a decent state. one thing a cd has going for it is the sound quality is better, that said a decent hifi system (pioneer or sharp) would have a decent sound from an LP also

simple things keep me happy

what's the oldest piece of clothing you  own. why have you kept it  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

Concert t-shirts from the 60's-70's ( particularly Woodstock)! They're iconic!

Do you have any summer writing goals?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

no. writing is something I do when I feel like it. my only goal is to get a bit better each time I do it, but even that isn't a huge priority compared to other things in my life

what's the furthest you've walked in one sitting

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

lepperochan said:no. writing is something I do when I feel like it. my only goal is to get a bit better each time I do it, but even that isn't a huge priority compared to other things in my life

what's the furthest you've walked in one sitting

Omgosh.  Miles and miles ( not sure how many ) in Central America to view the craters, ancient cities, etc.  It was an all day thing.

But  if you're talking marathon or non-stop then a 15K raising money for a charitable organization.

What is your favorite form of relaxation?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

15k is a fair walk, fair play

I think sleep is up there in the top three. but reading at night out the back garden is top these days

what do you think the minimum wage should be

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

lepperochan said:15k is a fair walk, fair play

I think sleep is up there in the top three. but reading at night out the back garden is top these days

what do you think the minimum wage should be

In which country? I am not sure about Great Britain's or european mw.  Here in America it should be around 14.00 an hour at least; 7.25 is absolutely ridiculous to expect anyone to survive even working two full-time jobs. It's barely 400.00 a week after taxes. Half after utilities and rent I'm sure. And even less after auto and food expenses.  God forbid there are medical conditions or auto repairs.

And God help those who fall between the cracks and make 10.00 too much to qualify for assistance and yet not enough to survive. It's quite the dilemma here.

What is it like in other countries?

Carpe_Noctem
Tyrant of Words
Spain 8awards
Joined 3rd Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 2915

(answered craic blood boil question)

Cowardice bullies injustice, basically the fuckers running everything

I find my self in the tentative situation of having to use street kitchens and food banks. I also volunteer at street kitchen from time, it is doubly humbling  having been on both sides of the serving line. The homeless situation worsens day by day. I find my self having to resist the urge not to shop lift. Sometimes I will from time to time steal food from the big supermarkets. Its easy and fuck the big corporations. There are those that will steal larger items from the department stores to sell and trade, be it drugs alcohol you name it. Its a fucking joke

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

Ahavati said:

In which country? I am not sure about Great Britain's or european mw.  Here in America it should be around 14.00 an hour at least; 7.25 is absolutely ridiculous to expect anyone to survive even working two full-time jobs. It's barely 400.00 a week after taxes. Half after utilities and rent I'm sure. And even less after auto and food expenses.  God forbid there are medical conditions or auto repairs.

And God help those who fall between the cracks and make 10.00 too much to qualify for assistance and yet not enough to survive. It's quite the dilemma here.

What is it like in other countries?

https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates

best job you ever had?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

its about 10.25  here

I don't think it really matters which country. I think if someone, anyone does a weeks work they should be rewarded enough to at least support themselves and their family with a roof over their heads and food on the table. anything else is tantamount to slavery

what's something strange about one of your neighbours

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

anna_grin said:

https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates

best job you ever had?

The one I have now! Content creator: work from home; set my own hours and pay rate. I work half the time for double the money.  I am in paradise and grateful every day.

lepperochan said:its about 10.25  here

I don't think it really matters which country. I think if someone, anyone does a weeks work they should be rewarded enough to at least support themselves and their family with a roof over their heads and food on the table. anything else is tantamount to slavery

what's something strange about one of your neighbours

No; it doesn't matter which country.  I just wondered if it was as bad across the pond as it was here.  I guess Carpe answered that for me.

One of my neighbors was a true flower child of the 60's. She attended Woodstock and still has authentic 60's drug paraphernalia. She is now 72, very eccentric and forgetful.  But she's my favorite neighbor.

Who is your role model and why?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

its always been my father. among other things he's worked hard all his life, has always found time for people. he thinks before he does. stays calm . he has a tremendous sense of humour. obviously he's not perfect, but I like his non-perfectness too. most of all, when he was told of his impending death he didn't crumble, he has and still does get on with it like a man

same question to somebody

Carpe_Noctem
Tyrant of Words
Spain 8awards
Joined 3rd Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 2915

There has been several in my life at various times.

Who's that lounging in my chair
Who's that casting
Devious stares
In my direction?

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

a cat? 😋

what's better than nutella?  

Go to page: