Ask The Person Below You A Question

poet
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Tyrant of Words
64awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 12659

I look at it slightly differently. I don't think we have a purpose per se. I think the closest thing we have are what's most commonly known as gifts; there are probably many words for them in different cultures. in that respect, I know what i'm good at, what makes me happy.

your favourite wild berry ?

poet
inechoingsilence
Thought Provoker
United States
  profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 157

Raspberries - warmed in the sun, eaten straight from the plant.

The one thing you cannot tolerate at all, and why?

poet
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
65awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 2543

lepperochan said:I look at it slightly differently. I don't think we have a purpose per se. I think the closest thing we have are what's most commonly known as gifts; there are probably many words for them in different cultures. in that respect, I know what i'm good at, what makes me happy.

Would love to take this to rhyme and reason.

inechoingsilence said:Raspberries - warmed in the sun, eaten straight from the plant.

The one thing you cannot tolerate at all, and why?

Abuse: particularly child and animal. Makes me physically sick.  

poet Anonymous

Ahavati said:

Abuse: particularly child and animal. Makes me physically sick.  

Ooooh - Hooray for the children and cats!

You forgot to ask a question - no worries - I’ll get it...

If you had to choose between saving the life of a stranger having to put yours in jeopardy to do so , what would you do?

poet
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Taryn said:

Ooooh - Hooray for the children and cats!

You forgot to ask a question - no worries - I’ll get it...

If you had to choose between saving the life of a stranger having to put yours in jeopardy to do so , what would you do?

Ha! Case in point on the abuse! Rattles my brain.

I was a registered EMT going for my paramedic - we actually did it quite a bit. There's adrenaline and you honestly don't think of yourself - but that baby stuck in a sinking car; or, that woman in a burning one.  

What is the scariest situation you've been involved in?

poet Anonymous

Ahavati said:

Ha! Case in point on the abuse! Rattles my brain.

I was a registered EMT going for my paramedic - we actually did it quite a bit. There's adrenaline and you honestly don't think of yourself - but that baby stuck in a sinking car; or, that woman in a burning one.  

What is the scariest situation you've been involved in?

You’ve done just about everything....boggles the mind...

When I was a police dispatcher and was on the phone with a woman while her estranged husband was trying to bust down the door with the sole purpose of “beating her ass dead into the ground” - waiting for my officers to show up...luckily they got there in time and then I got to see the piece of shit in person...while he was in booking...

Describe a moment when you felt you had been blessed with 100% clarity on something which conflicted you and what you did with the information...

poet
inechoingsilence
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 17th Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 157

When I knew I had to send to my oldest son to school in a different state. My oldest son needs special education, and where we are is unable to accommodate him. I heard about this school and sent his reports, and after going to the school I knew it was the place for him. Going on his second year there and he has never done better.

Let's flip this: describe a situation where you had to make a choice despite NOT having clarity.

poet
AEMelia564
Y
Tyrant of Words
Norway
51awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Apr 2016
Forum Posts: 2248

Let's flip this: describe a situation where you had to make a choice despite NOT having clarity.

The only situation I can think of is when I had to leave my house and end my job due to very personal reasons. This was after an incident of domestic violence. It did lead to a huge transformation though what ached was that
noone actually understands , Especially the system is very very harsh, in terms of help etc it always is said that
"one cannot use the situation as reason". The system is so incredibly harsh that you just have to bite into your own dust. You have to do this that etc etc. It ignores your pain and can stigmatize people for life.

When this above "situation" happened, I had a staff meeting coming up at the place I worked and that was a mirror for me. In this country staff meetings are a MUST. Even though she knew the reason I still felt it coming that I was going to loose my job. You see, in case of sick leave too it even says on the papers "having social or economical problems does not fullfill the right to sick money". The laws have so many contradictionary small rules.

Now Im saying this just to share, it is not an oppinion and by all means Im not a person who sees the negative only.
I will always strive to see the lighter places and possibilities. For me and for my child, for my family and loved ones.

What item is most dear to you and why?

poet
Laertes
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom
Joined 13th Aug 2018
Forum Posts: 46

Grace said:A long time ago when he signed in here.

Have you ever been told that you are in love with the idea but not the reality?

No, but that is how my wife lives her life.  Sometimes I think that is how she views me and her marriage!!

Which is the greatest piece of theatre you have ever seen and why?

poet
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom
36awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 1644

"A Mid Summer Nights Dream" - I was 12 and it took me into such a fantasy land I wished I could have stayed in.

What is the best music concert you have gone to?

poet
AEMelia564
Y
Tyrant of Words
Norway
51awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Apr 2016
Forum Posts: 2248

What is the best music concert you have gone to?
Sigur Ros definatly, yours?

poet
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom
36awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 1644

AS band called Status Quo - Glasgow Apollo 1977

favourite female singer?

poet
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I believe this was overlooked.

AEMelia564 said:
What item is most dear to you and why?

My notebooks because they remind me of how far I've come as a writer and person.

You?

poet
Umm
Fire of Insight
Latvia
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 1393

hmm, can't say I have a *most* dear item.

David_Macleod said:AS band called Status Quo - Glasgow Apollo 1977

favourite female singer?

I absolutely love Mazzy star 💖 ...there's something so soothing and mellow about her voice, she makes my heart melt. Not to mention the amazing lyrics of her songs *happy sigh*

What do you think is your biggest weakness personality wise? (ie. too social, low consciousnesses, etc? )

poet
Umm
Fire of Insight
Latvia
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 1393

Eek! meant to say conscientiousness xD *face-palm*

Go to page:
Go to: