poet
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
92awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 7598

Iíve not been told it, but I have said it to somebody else.

What is the catalyst for your success?

poet
Grace
Idryad
Guardian of Shadows
108awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 13687

I have not achieved the success I want. Yet.

How far will you go to get something you really want?

poet
Sky_dancer
The Cosmic Dragon
Dangerous Mind
12awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 623

Grace said:I have not achieved the success I want. Yet.

How far will you go to get something you really want?

It depends on what it is. If it's at the expense of someone else I dont pursue it. If it's beneficial for myself and/or others I'll stop at nothing. I have lied and manipulated in the past but I don't misalign myself with truth if possible.

What advice would you give to a new writer?

poet
Commentonly
Twisted Dreamer
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Oct 2016
Forum Posts: 36

Sky_dancer said:

It depends on what it is. If it's at the expense of someone else I dont pursue it. If it's beneficial for myself and/or others I'll stop at nothing. I have lied and manipulated in the past but I don't misalign myself with truth if possible.

What advice would you give to a new writer?

Own the fact that you will write crap to begin with and even as you progress, accept it as part of growing

learn how to critique writing and explain the specifics of what does and doesnít work for you, it will give you insights you donít realise are there until theyíre articulated.

Seperate critique of your work from emotional or personal attack on you the writer. Most people who comment want to help not tear you down, so accept it in good faith

Learn from critique but donít be afraid to stand by your writing because some critique will help you understand why you wrote what you did and why it should stay as it is.  This will help your poetic voice and confidence in how you write and why.

Not every critic is right and poetic subjectivity is different for all but if three or more writers comment on specifics that should be changed do well to heed the advice.

Have fun with words, writing properly is work but the joy of creating something is worth the endeavour

Read, read, read!

Anything I forgot ?

poet
AEMelia564
Y
Tyrant of Words
Norway
51awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Apr 2016
Forum Posts: 2242

Commentonly said:

Own the fact that you will write crap to begin with and even as you progress, accept it as part of growing

learn how to critique writing and explain the specifics of what does and doesnít work for you, it will give you insights you donít realise are there until theyíre articulated.

Seperate critique of your work from emotional or personal attack on you the writer. Most people who comment want to help not tear you down, so accept it in good faith

Learn from critique but donít be afraid to stand by your writing because some critique will help you understand why you wrote what you did and why it should stay as it is.  This will help your poetic voice and confidence in how you write and why.

Not every critic is right and poetic subjectivity is different for all but if three or more writers comment on specifics that should be changed do well to heed the advice.

Have fun with words, writing properly is work but the joy of creating something is worth the endeavour

Read, read, read!

Anything I forgot ?
No you havent, your post captured it all.
Are you forgetful? (do you always know where you left things?)

poet
The_Silly_Sibyl
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom
Joined 30th July 2015
Forum Posts: 29

Your thoughts on stillness?

If I let myself can spend hours just sitting and doing nothing, staring at a tree or a field or even cars passing by. I think stillness is underrated as a relaxative. Itís like prayer or meditation, so long as youíre not doing it out of a depressive impulse, which I have done. Then itís like cement filling your muscles and arteries.

Is falling in love a good thing?

poet
Sky_dancer
The Cosmic Dragon
Dangerous Mind
Joined 10th Dec 2018

The_Silly_Sibyl said:

If I let myself can spend hours just sitting and doing nothing, staring at a tree or a field or even cars passing by. I think stillness is underrated as a relaxative. Itís like prayer or meditation, so long as youíre not doing it out of a depressive impulse, which I have done. Then itís like cement filling your muscles and arteries.

Is falling in love a good thing?

Depends on your definition of love. Love ought to have as many names as the Eskimos have for snow. I tend to subscribe to the idea that one grows, not falls, in love.

What's your superpower?

poet
AEMelia564
Y
Tyrant of Words
Norway
Joined 20th Apr 2016

What's your superpower?
Being receptive, able to communicate with nature receiving its wisdom through the muses,
Do you travel in the summer?

poet
Grace
Idryad
Guardian of Shadows
108awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 13687

In my country its always summer. I travel when I can afford it.

How far ahead do you plan for a year?

poet
AEMelia564
Y
Tyrant of Words
Norway
Joined 20th Apr 2016

How far ahead do you plan for a year? Actually i dont plan things, there are social events of course, for the rest I like to see if time has any challenge in store for me. I try to ceize the day be it often in a quiet inward manner. How many times have you moved in your life?

poet
Commentonly
Twisted Dreamer
Joined 5th Oct 2016
Forum Posts: 36

Approximately 40 times give or take five times itís been a long ass haul in life

Have you achieved any of your dreams?

poet
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
65awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 2541

I have achieved many!  

What is your purpose?

poet
FromTheAsh
Tyrant of Words
United States
23awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 404

Ahavati said:I have achieved many!  

What is your purpose?

To learn & grow & love.

What does movement mean to you?

poet
Sky_dancer
The Cosmic Dragon
Dangerous Mind
Joined 10th Dec 2018

FromTheAsh said:

To learn & grow & love.

What does movement mean to you?

"Energy, always relaying, always transforming, and never-ending..."

What grounds you?

poet
FromTheAsh
Tyrant of Words
United States
23awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 404

Sky_dancer said:

"Energy, always relaying, always transforming, and never-ending..."

What grounds you?

Nature & music

How do you know when you're out of balance?

Go to page:
Go to: