poet
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
83awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 6736

What is your opinion on social handouts in your country?

poet
rabbitquest
Sit-Eat-ur-BBQ
Dangerous Mind
Kazakhstan
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 1483

I think I have a better comment by looking at what I know about another country that I do not live in.
So this article described decent folks in Great Britain, trying hard to work and make ends meet, but due to whatever changes in their jobs, or outside assistance, they have trouble making ends meet, and sometimes kids are going hungry.  it is not people trying to juice the system for free handouts.  

I understand the view for austerity, cutting services but we really just have to realize  sometimes our good neighbors just need help, so if you can help your neighbor, that is a good thing.   then a governnment does not need to do it, because it does it poorly sometimes. maybe not always.
but you really realize how dangerous it is to rely on government, which can change with the fickle winds, and suddenly you find yourself screwd.

poet
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
62awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 4551

Miss_Sub said:.

What is your opinion on social handouts in your country?

I'll answer this one as well, since there's not another question posted after this.

My opinion:  In America, I think the welfare system started off with good intent, but it's nothing but a lifestyle of freeloading, now.  Where else can you keep popping out kids, just to stay on the dole, and instead of quitting smoking and drinking, let's give them food stamps, to pay for what should be paid for with all that cigarette and beer money.  And don't forget to show off your salon-manicured nails, while using said food stamps.  I'll stop now...

Next question:  Do you think we should do away with all public welfare systems?

poet
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
Joined 26th June 2011

Question wasn’t asked so I’ll ask another.

What’s the last random act of kindness you performed?

poet
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
48awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 1612

Paid for someone's order behind me after they laid down on their horn because I didn't move up within one second.  

MadameLavender said:
Next question:  Do you think we should do away with all public welfare systems?

No; I think there are deserving that don't take advantage of the system.  

Your thoughts on stillness ( beyond a period)?

poet
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
Joined 26th June 2011

I think a period is a rather poetic answer.

Who is the most influential person in your life?

poet
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Miss_Sub said:
Who is the most influential person in your life?

Right now, someone who has actual thoughts on this:

What are your thoughts on stillness?

poet
lepperochan
Craic-in-a-box
Tyrant of Words
Palestine
64awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 12393

stillness: conjures a number of images. all peaceful in a manner of speaking. thoughts are, its one of those things can be a blessing or a curse:  when stillness becomes stagnatified.

When your phones rings do you check to see who it is before you answer or go Russian roulette (as it were)

poet
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

lepperochan said:stillness: conjures a number of images. all peaceful in a manner of speaking. thoughts are, its one of those things can be a blessing or a curse:  when stillness becomes stagnatified.

When your phones rings do you check to see who it is before you answer or go Russian roulette (as it were)

I typically look due to the influx of spam.  

And thank you.  I heard and interesting thought today along the lines of stagnancy in stillness ( though they used the term polluted because nothing fresh was entering ) - something I've never heard or thought possible in stillness, i.e. - meditation, etc.

Does anyone else feel you can become stagnant in stillness.

poet
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
Joined 26th June 2011

Never stagnant in stillness. Usually quite preferable.

@Lepp Yeah. I check and then answer because it’s usually somebody who doesn’t flip out because they don’t get the answers they want.

What language would you like to learn and why?

poet
JohnnyBlaze
Dangerous Mind
United States
6awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 871

Miss_Sub said:
What language would you like to learn and why?

The Language of Love ❤ because there would be no better teacher than Ahavati. 💜

When will Jamie Lee Curtis stop appearing in sequels to the movie Halloween? 🎃

poet
Taurek
Dangerous Mind
United States
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Oct 2015
Forum Posts: 1719

as long as the pay is there and she still has the ability, she will appear in Halloween movies until sweet sweet death finally takes her away from this truly awful infernal plane.

do you really think Kavanaugh is a sexual predator?  and what's your definition of a sexual predator?

poet
lepperochan
Craic-in-a-box
Tyrant of Words
Palestine
64awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 12393

hard to tell who's what when the swamp is so infested. I would say a person like Jimmy Savile is the definition of sexual predotor

I find it a bit mad that the woman in question only came forth at this time. tells me she was coached, rewarded for or blackmailed into it. I think in the intrests of fairness thectwo of them should be taken out the back and shot

thank you

Do you think #me too has been compromised/ weaponised

poet
todski28
Dangerous Mind
Australia
6awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 8th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 788

I think like a lot of thinks the intentions were good to begin with but the law of unintended consequences has made it weaponized as well as created scaremongering and "witch hunts" most male feminists are the definition of sexual predator it's hilariously ironic....

Should university courses that have Marxist agendas be defunded?

poet
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
Joined 26th June 2011

Anything with a Marxist agenda probably isn’t a great idea to be fair

Do you think University is still important or is there too much pressure to spend unnecessary money on fees these days?

Go to page:
Go to: