jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

Not a rain storm, but definitely a fire storm🔥
==========================

From Jade...

These are my random notes from 2:30am, updated @ 4:00am PST Thurs night/ Fri morning, for those who live and/or have friends and/or loved ones in these areas. Everything happening so fast and will be well into the day. I can’t even tap out the changing updates fast enough to keep up. Good luck to those affected... I’m not that far away but I think where I live in the West San Fernando Valley, So. Cali, should be okay:

Fire started in Sylmar @ 60 acres than quickly spread west @ 1600 acres but is more two hours later but no update ATM - Saddleridge Road- at 9pm 10/10/19 and fire fighters are active through the entire night as homes are burning, many a total loss. Fast-moving, zero percent contained.

Humidity varies from 1 to 5
Santa Ana winds - this is a wind-driven fire.

In no particular order, *cities and ^streets affected by the Saddleridge fire ( not a complete list ) :

*Porter Ranch
*Northridge
*Granada Hills
*Santa Clarita
*Newhall
*Chatsworth
^Reseda Blvd
^Rinaldi
^Woodley
^Balboa
^Tampa Ave.
^DeSoto
^Aliso Canyon ( with a gas storage facility that is in danger of burning )
^Zelza

Fwy 5 (Golden State) - closed: alternate route: Old Road ( now closed ), the 126, the 123, to the 101 if traveling south.

Many areas are now under mandatory evacuation.

Warnings re. the fire and evacuation as far as the border of Ventura County.

It has just been announced at 3am that the fire (named the Saddleridge ) is now at 4600 acres. It is also a possibility that this could eventually cross over into Ventura County.

Fixed wing and tankers will be making major water & Phos-Chek ( a brand of long-term fire retardants ) drops to help slow the fire once morning comes at 7-7:30am, though winds will be increasing, very strong @ around 8-8:30am PST..

Planned power cuts through the day, Thursday, yesterday were done.  But the fires have taken down power to many more of the resident homes.

Closures:
Fwy 5 to Fwy 18
Fwy 5 to Fwy 14 ( just announced @ 3:30am - the fire jumped into a new area heading to Fwy 14.
Fwy 118
Balboa
Foothill Blvd
Old Road ( now closed at Calgrove )
Fwy 405 north

Again, information in my notes is not complete as I was trying to transcribe from off local news on channel 5, KTLA.

🐾

p.s.  I won’t be able to do more notes; the cable service just went off.  Gotta call Tech Service. Then try to sleep.

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2296

I saw on the news at Tucson, they said a large portion of Northern California will have no power due to the fires.
I've been trying to contact my friends who live in the SF Bay Area but so far, nothing.

Jadey, is it known where they will shut off power in Southern California?  I have lots of family and friends in that part of California.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Power fine here in Santa Monica / Ventura / Los Angeles

Not affected , other than smoke smell , early morning

Now , almost midnite , no smell , no smoke , no sign of fire...

Hope Jade is fine

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14641

I have friends in northern Cali who said their power was restored yesterday.  Hopefully it's all abating.

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2296

Appreciate You,
Blackwolf & Ahavati
I was able to get a hold of some of my loved ones.  Thank You, nevertheless

flowerchild04
Strange Creature
Joined 15th Oct 2019
Forum Posts: 4

Currently, my weather is blue, it's sad but in a beautiful way. It's rainy, and there's lighting and I find it glorious.

poet Anonymous

Current weather status in the UK.

Go to page:
Go to: