Go to page:

Stormy Weather blog

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

Since California was enduring its latest drought for years, it created its own weather that threatened to consume the entire state: the wildfire storms!  And now that we’ve been experiencing snow and rain through winter and spring, no one talks about the drought these days. But people have been suffering from horrendous loss because of it and climate change, something President Trump would downplay. But now at last, perhaps a sign that blessed relief is finally on the way, and perhaps even the drought has relinquished its stranglehold.🙏🏻

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

Well Jadey,
I'm glad you made it out unscathed.
Keep us posted when the money rolls in.
cheers!

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 1873

Let's pray, Jade, that this summer won't be a repeat of last time year's.  But I have a funny feeling it will.

LennyBlue
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 5th May 2019
Forum Posts: 15

Hot today, cold tamale.

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015

We here in Southern California just experienced an earthquake!  The thing about this one is how long it went on & on, rolling & rolling. I live in a 2nd floor apartment so I felt and SAW it, as the day is bright & sunshiny, so I could see everything undulating.  No sounds of rumbling, no utility outages, nothing of mine fell or broke.

Info still coming in: quake measured approx. between 6.4 & 6.6, epicenter was in the Ridgecrest area near Kern County, about a mile from the surface.  L.A.X. Is reporting no damage.  All utilities ( gas, water, electricity, cell & online connections ) are all up and running at this time - 11:22AM PST.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>
You okay, my friend?  I’m okay, I’m glad to report.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

Holy crap! I can't believe there is no structural damage from a 6.0 + quake! But I guess you guys are built for that, aren't you?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015

Ahavati said:Holy crap! I can't believe there is no structural damage from a 6.0 + quake! But I guess you guys are built for that, aren't you?

Well, yes & no.  But the station I’ve been glued to ( KTLA Ch 5 ) for the updates that have been constantly streaming in, viewers are now appreciating how lucky those of us with no outages or damages really are. Because Ridgecrest, and Trona ( a town I never heard of, which is actually in NW San Bernardino County near Bakersfield ), the area very sparely populated compared to the south in L.A. County... they were hit harder. Electrical outage with temps in the 90’s. Minor structure damage, a few small fires from severed gas lines, reports of fallen items & appliances  in homes & stores, and saw a video of a main highway up there with a substantial fissure that cracked open right across the lanes.

And here we thought, being 4th of July, it would be fireworks and bar-b-que!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

I have a high school friend living in Long Beach who sent me this:

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015

Yep, that’s the one that was first televised to us!

There were more but this one’s the “doozy”.

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015

Twice It Came

•   •
•This•
•hadn’t •
•ever been•
•anything  I’d •
•experienced  in •
•my life until this week•
•4th of July, the first quake•
•gripping a sunshine state in fear•
•breaking through the rock foundation,•
•fault lines  in a  parched desert,•
•fractured highway shifting•
•power lines are down•
•bringing the night•
•when the day •
•and night•
•broke •
•     •

I knew I'd express it pretty soon.  It came about 4 hours ago, in a double octet, to show the 2 slip-strike quakes that hit.

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

Earth shattering poetry Jade

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572