Open marriages

54.29% • 19 votes • Yay
45.71% • 16 votes • Nay
Total votes: 35
Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

Open marriages

poet Anonymous

I just like to hear other people's opinion on this matter.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

Nothing wrong with two consenting adults agreeing to it.  It's their life.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Medinda
Fire of Insight
United States 3awards
Joined 22nd Aug 2018
Forum Posts: 93

I think if a marriage /relationship is damaged or strained this sort of thing most likely will be the undoing and ultimate end of any chances to heal what is broken. And from what I've seen,  way to many couples think it will be answer or way to help.  If this anyone who might read, tread very carefully because you're already walking out the door whether or not you can see it.
As for singles who are invited or curious,  go do whatever the hell you want,  you're single.
And now, to the married/engaged /cohabitants for life:
I speak from experience on this, if your relationship is strong,  like you've already been through the fires that destroy many others.  And you came out of it still together and still committed to each other and to serving one another, both with the desire to do whatever it takes to promote happiness and well being for your partner.  .
Then I feel if you do some research into the lifestyle and communicate graphically about your desires, expectations, limits and pervasive persuasions: Go be happy together and share anything and everything that you can with each other.
There could still be the possibility of jealousy or hurt but this is more easily avoided when:  (this part is REALLY important ) YOU ARE 100% HONEST with yourself AND your partner about your emotions and your typical reactions to strange or stressful situations.
It's absolutely not for everyone and absolutely everyone you let in on your secret  (family or friends) will think that it's disgusting and you're freaks.
But you're already a freak in bed if you're thinking about doing this, so who cares what the naysayers say. They aren't the ones you'll be getting naked with anyway. So my advice is to leave everyone else out of your business if their opinions are going to hurt your pretty little feelings.  
Wow, that was a lot more than I had planned to say.  
Hope it's helpful and if not, I don't really care what you think anyway :p

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

That was well said, Medinda.  And because you’ve spoken from experience, people need to heed your words, and make their life choices carefully.

Medinda
Fire of Insight
United States 3awards
Joined 22nd Aug 2018

Exactly my point. But you said it in a much simpler less rambling sort of way. Lol

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

Opemarriage: fucking someone you wouldn't give more than a sigh if they died tomorrow

which is an improvement on traditional marriage where both partners pray for the others earliest demise

Medinda
Fire of Insight
United States 3awards
Joined 22nd Aug 2018

Sorry.  I tried to respond to something but then it disappeared. So I retract my post.

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 1873

I've always been 'open' to the idea of marriage. 💡
Problem is no woman has ever wanted to marry me. 😥

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017
Forum Posts: 752

In the final result what is the difference between open marriage and not being married?
In the ending effect what is the difference between open marriage and someone cheating with another?
If you desire other people why get married to just one?
If you find new desire for other people why stay married?
If I ask five questions in a row I win a new toaster?

BargainBinPoet
Bargain Bin Poet
Lost Thinker
Joined 3rd Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 7

Dunno....but my Aunt Tils, and now third husband, Bruce, have a limited open marriage. Every year they go to a nudist resort for four weeks. This is how they came to meet. Anyway, they have cool friends they get together with, and are able to sleep with anyone, during those weeks. It doesn’t sound like a big orgy. They bbq, play cards, take walks, swim, steam, probably other stuff. They both look forward to it, and catching up with friends. They got married about 5 years back, and both look content, happy, and genuinely in love. Just kinky as fuck. I know this sounds weird, but i once saw two badgers going at it, and that is how I picture them. But with more badgers in the gumbo. They tell me this, knowing I don’t judge, like her sister (my Mom). I don’t know how long this will last, but they are both middle aged, had their fair amount of shit in life, and have found a common soul, in each other. Bruce, is dope, and a good dude.

That lifestyle is not my energy drink. I’m already jealous, and I ain’t even got a girl. You know what i mean.

So I have some wicked delish smore Pop Tarts, if you have a new toaster. Haha.

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017
Forum Posts: 752

I got the shiny new toaster in the divorce...the ex never cooked...it is kinda like an open marriage now...except I only have sex with "other" women

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

I think if done right it can be a very good thing to do but it could make a big void in a marriage let say if one partner was going out and fucking all the time and not touching the husband or wife because they were getting there fill of sex from some one else but they were saying it ok and it perfectly normal because its a open marriage.

Taurus385
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 1st Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 4

I voted YAY insofar as adults should be allowed to do what the fuck they want (knowing potential and/or likely consequences, of course). I don’t know whether or not I’d do it myself bc, to Medinda’s point, I’ve never been in a strong enough actual live relationship to get to that point of honesty and consideration which, again to the point, would be a prerequisite of taking such an action. So it’s definitwly a loaded subject highly highly dependent on the maturity, honesty, and honest to God love of the people involved.

Go to page:
Go to: