Pseudonym or name: why and meaning

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

What ?

You skipped over "Strange Thinker" and "Lost Creature" ?

I'm jealous !

...LOL... !

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16209

Grace... Love the name.  I use it because I wish I was graceful. I like the sound and the meaning.  

Solomon_Song
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 103awards
Joined 28th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 332

I chose my pseudonym in honour of the writer of the Biblical Song of Songs - described by some as 'the most profane book of the Bible' - that sometimes is referred by his name.

I needed to refrain from using my real name which is - as I was surprised to find out - widespread in the English speaking world and is identical to that of a living American writer who might injunction me.

poet Anonymous

I chose my name on a whim (7 years ago!!)  and now I fkn hate it and would do just about anything to change it. These days, I say it stands for missing_subconscious.

Missy has kinda stuck though, and that I really don’t mind. Funny the people that know me as Missy still call me that to my face despite knowing my name.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5600

I chose mine because Lavender is my favorite color and the other part is just so I can get a perverse chuckle that you all have to use your proper manners and call me "Madame".   😄

poet Anonymous

Eerie said:Eerie (adj) meaning strange or frightening.

I don't believe that I am frightening, but I am definitely strange. And not really in a "everyone is strange" kinda way, but rather an ass backwards hermit kinda way. Eerie Taull is actually my full pen name.
I am very socially awkward and prefer my own company 90% of the time, so Eerie was a nice fit

Also, off topic, I just noticed that I have moved up the ranks from "Strange Creature" to "Lost Thinker". I feel accomplished just now
congratulations on the ranking, your explanation is excellent and I too prefer my own company 90% of the time. That is when I don't argue with myself.

MaryWalker
Fire of Insight
United States 3awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 225

Despite occupying the same body as the person who is and primarly writes as Johhny, I have been granted as much freedom as I desire to express myself independently.

That being said, Mary Walker is my real name these days and I hope to someday publish under it.  

crimsin
Unveiling
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 25th Jan 2011
Forum Posts: 2640

mine is easy it's one of my favorite colors

and crime + sin= crimsin

poet Anonymous

MaryWalker said:Despite occupying the same body as the person who is and primarly writes as Johhny, I have been granted as much freedom as I desire to express myself independently.

That being said, Mary Walker is my real name these days and I hope to someday publish under it.  
Freedom comes at a sour price, sadly. But I am happy for you. J.

poet Anonymous

crimsin said:mine is easy it's one of my favorite colors

and crime + sin= crimsin
It is also one of my favourite colours. The colour of passion and anger. Beautiful Crimsin. ❤️

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6697

Viddax is an anagram of my real name with an 'x' added in as per the 'nobody' style of Kingdom Hearts. Following so far? It is both the being I want to be and my more artistic side made manifest and a name: the superego and arty ego in one bundle. The 'Lord' moniker was added after having reached the dizzy heights of 'Tyrant of Words' or maybe earlier; it was also around the same time there were quite a few lords and darklord, (such as the darklordofthechoocchoo) to name one, usernames on DU. When going with the superego why not go noble and titled? Also 'humble' enough to not overshadow the Webmistress, and mostly there as mark of time and 'rank' to pull if people play up but little more than just a bunch of letters doing bugger all!
Here ends the saga behind the name for now, enlightening you not a jot!

poet Anonymous

Viddax said:Viddax is an anagram of my real name with an 'x' added in as per the 'nobody' style of Kingdom Hearts. Following so far? It is both the being I want to be and my more artistic side made manifest and a name: the superego and arty ego in one bundle. The 'Lord' moniker was added after having reached the dizzy heights of 'Tyrant of Words' or maybe earlier; it was also around the same time there were quite a few lords and darklord, (such as the darklordofthechoocchoo) to name one, usernames on DU. When going with the superego why not go noble and titled? Also 'humble' enough to not overshadow the Webmistress, and mostly there as mark of time and 'rank' to pull if people play up but little more than just a bunch of letters doing bugger all!
Here ends the saga behind the name for now, enlightening you not a jot!
Very interesting and I think to have broken the code. I bow to you sir. J

dejure
vick
Dangerous Mind
29awards
Joined 17th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 2879

this is a wonderful thread

Dejure - ˈdʒʊəri [according to rightful entitlement or claim; by right.]

In my late teenage years, I was kinda traumatized kid. I had anxieties, frustrations, into drugs and Music kept me sane. I was only listening to hip-hop. and I related to all Eminem's songs. Started writing rap verses. I was inspired by the concept of having an alter ego called slim shady. I wanted one. then tried so many names before dejure. Tried with my initials, some funny sounding words. Then I found Dejure in a dictionary. it was right after the word  Déjà vu.
Although at that time I wasn't so sure about the meaning, but I liked it as my name and as my alter ego. I remember writing conversations of pages between Dejure and me. It kinda helped cope with everything I went through. Since then I used Dejure for all my email addresses, usernames, messengers... Through the years the characteristics of Dejure had grown.

Even today I have a folder called Dejure on my computer to put all my creatives and in my social media accounts

HadesRising
Tyrant of Words
United States 34awards
Joined 8th June 2013
Forum Posts: 1617

Hades Rising is the name of the band i was trying to form that never came to fruition. Plus it has the double meaning of raising Hell.

Go to page:
Go to: