Go to page:

DUP Official NaPo/GloPoWriMo 2018!

rosegold
Thought Provoker
United States 3awards
Joined 12th July 2017
Forum Posts: 58

Hello! I'm here again after a rough week and being sick. I know I've missed a lot, but is it too late to join back in by posting two poems a day until I'm caught up?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14271

rosegold said:Hello! I'm here again after a rough week and being sick. I know I've missed a lot, but is it too late to join back in by posting two poems a day until I'm caught up?

That's fine. Thank you for letting us know. I'll put you back on the list with your first makeup post.

Because you are so far behind, please see Madame Lavener's last double-post and emulate that with a footnote or preface to reduce the number of posts.

Thus, until caught up, each of your posts will contain two consecutively numbered poems with either a footnote or preface explaining they are make up posts. This will help me keep track better.

Again, thanks for letting us know. Welcome back.

Also, ANY registrant has the opportunity to re-enter the fold in the same manner. The goal is 30 poems in 30 days despite how life knocks you down.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Thank you. We appreciate your response and support.

rosegold
Thought Provoker
United States 3awards
Joined 12th July 2017
Forum Posts: 58

Thank you! Just left my first makeup post. Please let me know if I should do anything differently in the future, otherwise I'll just keep doubling up like that until I'm caught up. Thanks again!!!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

rosegold said:Thank you! Just left my first makeup post. Please let me know if I should do anything differently in the future, otherwise I'll just keep doubling up like that until I'm caught up. Thanks again!!!

Nope; you're fine as is. I just added you back.  Thank you for letting us know.

Welcome home, Prodigal Poet. 📝

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

And then there were 22 ( again )!

Good morning, Poets! Welcome to Day 9 of 30!

1. Ahavati - I ✔
2. JohnnyBlaze - I ✔
3. OxyMoronicMe ✔✔✔✔✔✔
4. JadePandora - I ✔
5. Viddax - I ✔
6. Mel44 - I ✔
7. cloventongue89 - I ✔✔
8. David_Macleod - I ✔
9. rowantree I ✔
10. ImperfectedStone I ✔
11. MadameLavender - I ✔
12. ThePositivelyDark - I
13. RevolutionAl - I ✔✔
14. DaisyGrace -  I
15. Hepcat61- I ✔
16. poetryaccident - I ✔✔
[s]17. kourtnissixxx ✔✔✔✔✔[/s]
18. ElrondSirfalas - I ✔
19. Thetravelingfairy -I ✔
20. MisfitPoet89 ✔✔✔✔✔✔
21. Samael - I ✔✔
22. Rosegold - ✔✔✔

If your name has a strike it's because you haven't posted in at least three days, and we haven't heard from you! If you're a registrant, resume posting with a footnote or prefix and you're back in!

April 30th or bust, Poets!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Anatomy of Loss
. . .

wrong thread

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

UGH!

You rubbed off on me, David! But yay! I can edit because I forgot the title and the format jumped! Go Monday!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Doing it right:

thepositivelydark said:8/30

[. . .]

(I posted 7/30 earlier so this will be my second post for today, April 9th. I'd probably post two poems tomorrow as well so I can fully catch up...if I can actually write them. Depression and university are just kicking me really hard recently...hopefully, I'd get back in the groove soon. )

DaisyGrace said:Silence

[. . .]

poem 8 of 30. There will be a double posting from me today. Everyone is sick in my house, including me, and concentrating long enough to write has been a challenge.

That's how to do it, Ladies! The footnotes with explanations let readers know that despite human circumstances you'll prevail through this challenge.

That's the true spirit of NaPo: Persevering and writing your way through regardless of what gets in your way.

From school to family to work, we're ALL human, and can meet this challenge if we're willing to. These are the posts that will inspire others to keep going, and more to join next year!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

And then there were 21 ( again )!

Good morning, Poets! Welcome to Day 10! You're 1/3 of the way home!

1. Ahavati - I ✔✔
2. JohnnyBlaze - I ✔✔
3. OxyMoronicMe ✔✔✔✔✔✔
4. JadePandora - I ✔✔✔
5. Viddax - I ✔✔
6. Mel44 - I ✔✔
7. cloventongue89 - I ✔✔✔
8. David_Macleod - I ✔✔
9. rowantree I ✔✔
10. ImperfectedStone I ✔✔✔
11. MadameLavender - I ✔✔
12. ThePositivelyDark - I ✔
13. RevolutionAl - I ✔✔✔
14. DaisyGrace -  I ✔
15. Hepcat61- I ✔✔
16. poetryaccident - I ✔✔✔
17. ElrondSirfalas - I ✔
18. Thetravelingfairy -I ✔✔
19. MisfitPoet89 I ✔
20. Samael - I ✔✔
21. Rosegold - ✔✔✔✔✔

If your name has a strike through it or been removed,  you haven't posted in at least three days, and we haven't heard from you! If you're a registrant, resume posting with a footnote or prefix explaining why and you're back in!

If I've inadvertently missed a check flay me alive and spread honey on me to attract insects. 🐜

Excellent entries this year, Poets! 30/30 or bust! 🚌

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

NaPo/GloPoWriMo 2018 Prompt Suggestions

Here are 30+ prompts to help keep you inspired during the competition! Utilize as many as you need to in no particular order!

Also, any poems inspired by these prompts can be simultaneously entered in our DUP NaPo Prompt Comp companion challenge for a chance at acquiring an additional trophy - here is the link:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/10174/

Have fun and write HARD!

1.  Deep: Write about how deep this shallow poem is in an attempt to appease your CEO's daughter ( and CEO ), who thinks she's a poet:

Him

He is the coolest boy in school
Captain of the football team
All the girls like him a lot
But I like him better than them

I smile real big like
When I meet him in the hall
Sometimes he smiles back
And it makes me feel real tall

I hope he asks me to prom
I'll buy a special dress
He will look so handsome
And we will be the best

2.  Underground : Write about a "Deep Web" underground resistance of Free-Verse poets uprising against the current World Wide Web Dictator of Form. Think The Matrix.

3.  Worm : Write about the perils faced by a colony of worms evading a Tequila Revolution Draft.

4.  Mistress : Write about why an anonymous Website Mistress is obsessed with worms and dirt. What the heck is up with that?

5.  Poetry :  Write a poem "about a poem about a poem". For example, take a look at DUP member PoetsRevenge's 'Dark Fruit', inspired by two of Sylvia Plath's poems:

'Maenad' & 'Mirror'

6.  Poems : Write about a planet of poems consisting of individual colonies: Sonnetville, Cape Acrostic, Villanelle Village, etc., and how they eventually found peace after almost destroying each with weapons such as WMIP's ( Weapons of Mass Iambic Pentameter ).

7.  NaPoWriMo : Write about National Poetry Writing Month, and the character of those who participate. Are they brave literary warriors? Masochists? Social outcasts with no offline lives?

8. GloPoWriMo : Write about a world that puts aside their differences for a whole month of poetry writing, and why.  Does the resulting harmonic vibration generate light during a 30 day long eclipse of the sun?

9. Poet : Write a poem about another DUP poet, and why you enjoy their work. Extra Kudos if that poet writes about you.  

10. Comments : Write a poem about you DIS-Honestly Critiquing or offering up Frenemy Feedback on another poet's poem ( or someone doing either to you ).

11. Bottle Caps and or Sewing Buttons : Write a poem about these items being the currency you are paid with for submitting your poems to DUP. What can you purchase at DUP with them? Think Black Market items as well.

12. War : Write about DUP engaged in battle with a rival poetry site using poems as weapons such as battering rams, catapults, stinkbombs, etc.  Yes, Stinkbombs.

13: USS Deep Underground : Write about an off planet adventure using DUP Poets as the crew of an intergalactic space cruiser! Go Where No Poet Has Gone Before ( or otherwise we'll just be recycling the same poetic ideas until the Universe implodes! ).

14. Sewer : Write about DUP being a labyrinth of sewer pipes inhabited by an evil clown who torments you in the shape of horrific and awful poetry.

15. Lord of the Poems : Write a poem about a deep-underground conflict involving various domains of poetic kingdoms, each ruled by a DUP Poet, uniting to defeat the Mistress of Mordor and her All Seeing Eye Avatar.

16. LOST : Write about traveling in a subway train that derails into the Deep Underground Cavern, where you encounter bizarre happenings and inhabitants such as Word Shifting Poem Monsters and Friendly or Hostile Groups.

17. Poem Wars : Write about an intergalactic adventure of various DUP characters "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" .... way the hell out there.

18. Prison : Write about DUP as a prison colony warehousing the most heinous poets serving run on sentences for their literary crimes against the Humanities. Madame Warden takes no shit from anyone.

19. Clash of the Poets : Write a poem using DUP poets as epic mythical characters battling Minions of the Underground to prevent them from conquering Heaven and Earth.

20. Jurassic Poetry : Write about DUP as a theme park populated with genetically engineered poem forms and other antiquated literary achievements to prevent them from going extinct; such as the dreaded Thesaurus Rex.

21. Deepman : Write about costumed DUP poets Deep Knight and Batworm of the Underground Metropolis, waging war on crime being committed by other poets disguised as the clownishly homicidal Joker, followed by Catwoman, Penguin, and so forth.

22. Erotica : Write an erotic poem using the following words as prompts: moth balls, pork rinds, mint juleps, peanut butter and bran muffin. Why? No matter what, it's bound to turn out better than most erotic poetry!

23. Infomercial : Write an hour long segment for television and radio, selling DUP swampland and other hyped up nonsense to the masses.

24. Murder : Write about the Deep Underground Murder Mystery Party gone afoul when an actual murder occurs. Did Madame Lavender do it in the Library with an Acrostic? Be one of the many oddball guest poets solving the crime!

25. Superworm : Faster than a salty slug, more powerful than a beetle's shell, able to inch tall blades of grass in a single move ( sometimes. . .depends on when the grass has been cut ). The grub of Krypton is now the Worm of Steel: Superworm! Write about his or her adventures in saving DUP from an Invasion of the Poem Snatchers.

26. Poetic Medic : Play God in the operating room as you attempt to bring a dying poem back from the brink of death with critique, salad tongs from the cafeteria, friendly feedback, a mop bucket from the janitor's closet, jumper cables .... whatever you can get your hands on!

27. Deep Underground Funk : Write a rap poem about DUP based on Uptown Funk.

Poets hit your hallelujah (whoo)
'Cause DUP gon' give it to you!
Ahavati says, Whut-whuttttt?!

28. Night of the Living Dead Poet's Society : Write about being trapped in the Deep Underground Shopping Mall as walking dead poets attempt to force their way in and assault you. Are their poems clumsily slow and lumbering like classic zombies or so insanely fast paced as their modern horror movie counterparts that you can't keep up with what is being recited? Can they be stopped when they have no brains?

29. Sitcom Pilot : Write about DUP as a television sitcom recorded in front of a live studio audience. What would the title be? The Pilot be about? The cast?

30. The Poem Factory : Write about a so-called eccentric genius who mass produces poetry in his ginormous factory filled with amazing technological gadgetry that unfortunately churns out poems with no originality.

31. ( Bonus) Nonsense : Write about the DUP ecosystem being threatened by an out of control population increase of Nonsense Bunny Icons.  ( Think 'The Trouble with Tribbles' ( Google it if you're young ) ).

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

And we're rapping down the road to the Prompt Comp holding at 21 this morning!

Greetings, Poets! Welcome to Day 11! You're rounding the corner to the halfway mark!

1. Ahavati - I ✔✔✔
2. JohnnyBlaze - I ✔✔✔✔
3. OxyMoronicMe ✔✔✔✔✔✔
4. JadePandora - I ✔✔✔✔
5. Viddax - I ✔✔✔
6. Mel44 - I ✔✔✔
7. cloventongue89 - I ✔✔✔
8. David_Macleod - I ✔✔
9. rowantree I ✔✔✔
10. ImperfectedStone I ✔✔✔
11. MadameLavender - I ✔✔✔
12. ThePositivelyDark - I ✔
13. RevolutionAl - I ✔✔✔✔
14. DaisyGrace -  I ✔
15. Hepcat61- I ✔✔✔
16. poetryaccident - I ✔✔✔✔
[s]17. ElrondSirfalas - I ✔[/s]
18. Thetravelingfairy -I ✔✔✔
19. MisfitPoet89 I ✔✔✔
20. Samael - I ✔✔✔
21. Rosegold - ✔✔✔✔✔

If your name has a strike through it or been removed,  you haven't posted in at least three days, and we haven't heard from you! If you're a registrant, resume posting with a footnote or prefix explaining why and you're back in!

30/30 or bust, Poets! 🎤

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

And then there were 20 ( again )? No! Wait!  21 ( again )! Nope, 19! We're rounding the bend, poets!

Greetings, Poets! Welcome to (Fri)DAY 13!  Lucky for some; unlucky for others! One more sleep and you're half way there!  

Remember! If you see a black cat cross the road today, it's going somewhere!

1. Ahavati - I ✔✔✔✔✔
2. JohnnyBlaze - I ✔✔✔✔✔
3. JadePandora - I ✔✔✔✔✔
4. Viddax - I ✔✔✔✔✔
5. Mel44 - I ✔✔✔✔✔✔
6. cloventongue89 - I ✔✔✔✔✔✔
7. David_Macleod - I ✔✔✔✔
8. rowantree I ✔✔✔✔✔
9. ImperfectedStone I ✔✔✔✔✔✔
10. MadameLavender - I ✔✔✔✔✔
11. ThePositivelyDark - I ✔✔
12. RevolutionAl - II
13. DaisyGrace -  I ✔
14. Hepcat61- I ✔✔✔✔✔
15. poetryaccident - I ✔✔✔✔✔✔
16. Thetravelingfairy -I ✔✔✔✔✔
17. MisfitPoet89 - I ✔✔✔✔
18. Samael - I ✔✔✔✔✔
19. Rosegold - I

If your name has been removed,  you haven't posted, and we haven't heard from you in at least three days! If you're a registrant, resume posting ( no more than two a day, subsequently numbered in the same post ), with a footnote or prefix explaining why and you're back in!

As you see, one has already made it to the halfway mark! Congratulations, Al! This will be signified by a II followed by sybsequent ✔'s through week 3!

If I've inadvertently omitted a ✔, my last request before the firing squad is something warm and caramelly!  

30/30 or bust, Poets! 🚌📝

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Ahavati said:

If I've inadvertently omitted a ✔, my last request before the firing squad is something warm and caramelly!  

Speaking only for myself, having you and your NaPo offerings dipped in warm caramel and chocolate sounds quite dewicious and appertizing.

YUM!

💜😙💋

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

Speaking only for myself, having you and your NaPo offerings dipped in warm caramel and chocolate sounds quite dewicious and appertizing.

YUM!

💜😙💋

Bwahahahaha! 🍫🍮

You got caramel on my NaPo! 📝💏

No! You got NaPo on my caramel! 💏📝

😎😎 ( <-- closest thing to blindfolds I could find ) Any last words? Oh, wait . . .

🔫

💜 😘💕

Go to page:
Go to: