Go to page:

DUP Official NaPo/GloPoWriMo 2018!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14580

JohnnyBlaze said:Less than 24 hours to go before NaPo/GloProWriMo begins!!!

Check out our bonus competition for registered participants only,
the DUP NaPo Prompt Comp here at this link:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/10174/

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

The Trouble with Tribbles is Double-posting!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:

The Trouble with Tribbles is Double-posting!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

And DUP's Na/GloPoWriMo has officially begun with the Phillipines kicking us off! We're just under 5 hours until South Africa weighs in at midnight, followed by England and America!

Johnny and I want to take this opportunity to thank each registrant for their commitment to this global poetry challenge. We're here to support and encourage you across the finish line!

Not everyone made it last year, and a few teetered on the guidelnes ( so please reread today to ensure you understand ); however, we're determined everyone will this year, if we have anything to do with it!

Registration is still open in the respective timezones until midnight tonight for anyone who hasn't, but wants to register!

Best of luck, break a pen/keyboard, and happy writing to each of you!

Hepcat61
geoff cat
Dangerous Mind
United States 33awards
Joined 27th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1028

I am so ready for this to get rolling!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Good Morning and Happy Easter, entrants!

Unless you live on Baker Island, Registration has officially CLOSED!

Looks like we're off to a GREAT start with 26 registrants!

1. Ahavati - returning
2. JohnnyBlaze - returning
3. OxyMoronicMe
4. JadePandora - returning
5. Viddax - returning
6. Mel44 - returning
7. cloventongue89
8. KrystalG
9. David_Macleod - returning
10. rowantree
11. disFLEXshit
12. ImperfectedStone
13. MadameLavender - returning
14. ThePositivelyDark
15. RevolutionAl - returning
16. crimsin - returning
17. DaisyGrace - returning
18. Hepcat61- returning
19. poetryaccident
20. kourtnissixxx
21. javel34
22. ElrondSirfalas
23. rosegold
24. Thetravelingfairy
25. GumboGirl
26. MisfitPoet89

While others are free to join in the fun, you won't be eligible for the trophy.

Let's Rock this comp!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

After day 1 we have 21 weighing in ( 5 twice into their second day ), and 6 AWOL! Because yesterday was a National holiday, you have until midnight ( your time zone ) tonight to post two poems. If you fail to post, your name will be dropped from the competition and you forfeit your chance at this year's trophy.

Happy poeting!

1. Ahavati - ✔
2. JohnnyBlaze -  ✔
3. OxyMoronicMe ✔
4. JadePandora - ✔
5. Viddax -  ✔
6. Mel44 -  ✔✔
7. cloventongue89 ✔
8. KrystalG ✔
9. David_Macleod - ✔
10. rowantree ✔
11. disFLEXshit
12. ImperfectedStone ✔✔
13. MadameLavender - ✔
14. ThePositivelyDark ✔
15. RevolutionAl - ✔✔
16. crimsin - ✔✔
17. DaisyGrace - ✔
18. Hepcat61- ✔
19. poetryaccident ✔
20. kourtnissixxx
21. javel34

22. ElrondSirfalas ✔
23. rosegold
24. Thetravelingfairy ✔
25. GumboGirl
26. MisfitPoet89 ✔✔
27. Samael

OxyMoronicMe
G.L.
Dangerous Mind
Philippines 24awards
Joined 15th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 1470

Question:

1. Can I post ahead of time (say more than once in a day)?
2. Are we limited to just 30 pieces,  or can we post moreż
3. Am a bit confused,  what about the Nano Prompt Competition?  As I understand,  I am also qualified to enter it,  but what to post in it?  It says copy paste etc.  But am a bit slow in understanding the mechanics completely.

Thanks!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

OxyMoronicMe said:Question:

1. Can I post ahead of time (say more than once in a day)?
2. Are we limited to just 30 pieces,  or can we post moreż
3. Am a bit confused,  what about the Nano Prompt Competition?  As I understand,  I am also qualified to enter it,  but what to post in it?  It says copy paste etc.  But am a bit slow in understanding the mechanics completely.

Thanks!

Hi, Oxy!

1. You can double-post for two reasons:  if you know you won't be available the following day. Or if you're making up a day you missed. Just leave a footnote explaining why you're double-posting.

2. In the comp you're limited to 30. This prevents excess flooding and confusion for those keeping count and tallying words/ unique words. NO ONE needs more work through April. If you'd like to post more, you can through your own DUP page.

3. The NaPo prompts were posted in the official comp. If you scroll the pages you'll see them. Any poem written from a prompt can be copied from the NaPo comp into the Prompt Comp for a chance to win a second trophy. 🏆🏆

The Prompt Comp link is listed with the prompts.

Hope this helps!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Welcome to day three poets!  Looks like we've lost three, but the show must go on!

1. Ahavati - ✔✔
2. JohnnyBlaze - ✔✔
3. OxyMoronicMe ✔✔
4. JadePandora - ✔✔✔
5. Viddax - ✔✔
6. Mel44 - ✔✔✔
7. cloventongue89 ✔✔✔✔
8. KrystalG ✔✔
9. David_Macleod - ✔✔
10. rowantree ✔✔
[s]11. disFLEXshit[/s]
12. ImperfectedStone ✔✔
13. MadameLavender - ✔✔
14. ThePositivelyDark ✔
15. RevolutionAl - ✔✔✔
16. crimsin - ✔✔✔
17. DaisyGrace -  ✔✔
18. Hepcat61- ✔✔
19. poetryaccident ✔✔
20. kourtnissixxx ✔✔
[s]21. javel34[/s]
22. ElrondSirfalas ✔✔
23. rosegold ✔
24. Thetravelingfairy ✔✔
[s]25. GumboGirl[/s]
26. MisfitPoet89 ✔✔
27. Samael ✔✔

Rose, nice to see you! Please provide an explanation as to why you're late with your next post!

If your name has been struck, it's because you have not posted and we haven't heard from you! Message us if Life has pulled the rug out from under you, and you're ready to stand back up!

Unless you live in England or beyond, or you're not going to be available tomorrow, there is absolutely NO reason you should have more than three posts in the comp. The comp is lax in that it allows for LIFE and circumstances beyond your control, such as being out of town, no internet access, death in the family, etc.

It's not a race to see who finishes first.

Lastly, this speakeasy thread is where discussion needs to take place hereout.That's why we have it.

Happy poeting!

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1257

Please can we have rule clarification regarding "strong language & erotica" ie. You say Tamatoe I say Tomaato.. You say Vagina and I perspire droplets of salty sweat on your cock and cunt? Is "Fuck this" and "Bitch from Hell" permitted or would it contravene the Global effort of being seemingly clean poetic junkies in a constitutional court from the red light district? Thank you in advance.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

RevolutionAL said:Please can we have rule clarification regarding "strong language & erotica" ie. You say Tamatoe I say Tomaato.. You say Vagina and I perspire droplets of salty sweat on your cock and cunt? Is "Fuck this" and "Bitch from Hell" permitted or would it contravene the Global effort of being seemingly clean poetic junkies in a constitutional court from the red light district? Thank you in advance.

Al, as far as I know, there are no rules! Oh, wait, there is one! "Don't be a dick!" LOL!

I'll get Mr. Blaze to weigh in too, but I'm sure you're fine. This isn't a facebook feature. As long as it doesn't personally attack another member, go for it! It's just good to see you back.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:

Al, as far as I know, there are no rules! Oh, wait, there is one! "Don't be a dick!" LOL!

* narrowly avoids Coca Cola shooting out my nose *

Ahavati said:I'll get Mr. Blaze to weigh in too, but I'm sure you're fine. This isn't a facebook feature. As long as it doesn't personally attack another member, go for it! It's just good to see you back.

Mister Blaze says you can write about all the foul mouthed sex with your genitalia slathered in tomato paste that you care to.

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1257

Appreciate the confirmation peeps! Thank you for the awesome job you do with comp. It really is run well. Sharpˇ

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Thanks, Al. We appreciate your participation as well as support.

Go to page:
Go to: