Go to page:

Ask The Person Below You A Question

Bonzi
Fire of Insight
United States 5awards
Joined 7th Sep 2017
Forum Posts: 88

No. The fun is in the journey not the destination.

What do you consider your most vulnerable part?

Lonelyanongirl
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 2nd Feb 2018
Forum Posts: 6

The most vulnerable part of me is the part of me that I hide from everyone, where all my problems and insecurities lie.

Do you believe in an afterlife? If so, what exactly do you think it is?

clewluss
SMOOKY
Thought Provoker
Joined 22nd Apr 2014
Forum Posts: 281

aftertaste, afterglow,happily ever after,
happy ending, happy time, beforelife...
it is afterlife would imply beforelife and that belief is rarely the subject of attention, so beleiving in afterlife is more an expression of human nature's plan for the future instinct,once that fades away with the passage of much time , the person may have outgrown the question, just as a child may outgrow an urge to raid a cookie jar, or a mans desire to conquer a woman...
do you know a good cook?

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 5181

plenty of them, but all too busy cooking rabbit stew

How do we make DU great again?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

Some where up there on the scale of “wunderbar” 😂

It’s such a simple formula. I don’t understand why it needs such explaining, but apparently so.

Can you ever truly ever really depend on another person or ultimately, does it always come down to the self?

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 5181

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

first of all, i say chillax dude! that was a tongue in cheek question, yes, my bad couldn't convey the tone properly. It was Donald Trumpesque in nature, true lack of detail leaves it for individual interpretation, and no fault of the reader to read whatever it conveys, like in your case some pretty serious stuff.
My own answer to that question above would be to ban all non-native DUpers(well as if DU is a location somewhere on the map), send all non-english poets to the south of the border(some deviant places etc) and ridicule anyone who spoke logic or did honest critique.

Mate, for me ,the site as it is is much much more than enough, you won't find my scribbling anywhere else on the whole world wide web. And just for everyone else who takes themselves and life in general too seriously, this is a bloody good site, that's my POV on record.

Yes,i agree fully, people many if not most of the times, fail to differentiate between the critique of the person and critique of the piece of work. And YES, bloody hell yes, it will help greatly if people develop a thick skin before asking for honest critique( though i too concur,it is not non-existent but)pretty rare to find people who genuinely honor the poet's request forhonest critique. And also on record is my statement, most ofmy comments are what i feel,my honest opinions on people's works, not critique's, and i'd rather not say a word if ihaven't got any constructive thing to offer, also personally i try not start a convo which my gut insists is not gonna be taken positively.
And it is well understood andknown(from my four decade on this bloody earth) that poets are one of the most sensitive of people, and not everyone is a tough soul here, many a fragile,troubled souls,so before launchingmy honest-toGod critique on someone's mental release/vent i'd rather take my ass off, and offer my opinion to those whom i am pretty certain can take it.

and as for the answer to the scale, i'd say pretty frickin' darn well!

Miss_Sub said:Some where up there on the scale of “wunderbar” 😂

It’s such a simple formula. I don’t understand why it needs such explaining, but apparently so.

Can you ever truly ever really depend on another person or ultimately, does it always come down to the self?

life experience tells me, the latter.

your answer?

poet Anonymous

cold_fusion said:

life experience tells me, the latter.

your answer?

Agree - never depend on anyone but yourself.
We are made to survive on our own but equally couldn’t stay sane if isolated indefinitely — we both need and don’t need other people. But we should learn not to rely on those people; ultimately there will be a time when you’re let down.

Does jealously have value in driving humans to improve themselves or is it a purely negative emotion?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

If the full feast is on offer it’s not too difficult a choice… More for a decent food fight that way

What weird food combinations do you really enjoy?

poet Anonymous

Yorkshire pudding, strawberry jam and gravy. Together. Food of the fkn Gods.

What is one food you flat out refuse to eat?

poet Anonymous

Miss_Sub said:Yorkshire pudding, strawberry jam and gravy. Together. Food of the fkn Gods.

What is one food you flat out refuse to eat?

Haha love it

Many things I turn my nose up at... But last thing I totally refused that I can think of was on holiday - they served up raw octopus, slapped a bit of salt on and deemed it edible. Not on my map thanks.

Where are some unusual places you’ve been?

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16069

It depends on what one means by unusual. I have never been to one that I think is unusual...maybe a visit to a river teeming with fish and having a feet spa conducted by the fish in question...I think that's pretty different.

How about you? what is an unusual place for you?

Lonelyanongirl
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 2nd Feb 2018
Forum Posts: 6

I also think it depends on someone’s definition of unusual. For me it’s those places where reality feels kind of altered, like an airport waiting section, a McDonald’s you stopped at in the middle of the night as a pit stop on a road trip, a hospital, etc. Placed that are normal but just feel different and therefore “unusual.”

What’s your greatest achievement in life so far?

Bonzi
Fire of Insight
United States 5awards
Joined 7th Sep 2017
Forum Posts: 88

My children

Do you know if DU has an app?

Go to page:
Go to: