Go to page:

Ask The Person Below You A Question

poet Anonymous

I have a very large appreciation for the complete works of Lars Von Trier... otherwise, I like a good comedy as much as the next woman. The only genre I truly detest is girly romcoms. Can’t fkn stand them.

What’s the true measure of happiness?

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

I think the question is very interesting and most likely the reason why so many westerners are unhappy with their lives...  happiness is just an emotion, just like sadness, anger, disgust, surprise, anticipation, they have a purpose and are not something that should be measured to gauge whether life is good.

I think once we realise that we can find contentment in ourselves from the people in our lives and the wonderful world around us, then we are tapping into something more wholesome than the fickleness of joy.

When was the last time you found yourself momentarily lost in the beauty of nature and where were you?

poet Anonymous

This morning. Out in the garden with a mug of tea. Noticing all the buds on my rose tree and how I couldn’t wait for them to bloom. I stood there with my hand around the stems just feeling the new energy. Beautiful.

What wouldn’t you do for a million pounds?

starfading
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 23rd Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 5

hurt my loved ones. i could deal with just about anything else.

how long have you been with your current job?

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

about 3 years

Do you have a favourite book title? and if so, what is it..

Daffodil32
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 28th Feb 2018
Forum Posts: 47

isn't happiness peace calm contentment .. isn't happiness anything but upset and pain?? surely happiness comes from a good place in your mind.. it cannot come from a bad one.

normal feelings probably help, being mentally well probably helps , feeling good about yourself probably helps , confidence for life probably helps...
happiness doesnt come from pain , it never will do

LUUH19
Emeraldia
Thought Provoker
Joined 5th Aug 2014
Forum Posts: 72

Having breakfast.

At what year do you think the A.Is will take over and the human race will come to a halt?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14455

dunno about book title. Hunt for Red October springs to mind as a decent string of words

i think perhaps the AI will take over when we obliterate each other and the planet so much  we will welcome their cold logic.

what happened the last time you lost your balance and fell

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

Well, you see I paddled onto what could have been the wave of the day, when I jumped to my feet my leg rope was wrapped around my big toe of my lead foot, so I gave it a bit of a kick to set my toe free, but the kick was too big and the offshore wind lifted the nose of my longboard and I was like doing the karate kid crane stance, then I tried to get my foot back on the board to bring the nose down, but over committed and did this strange reverse pike switch stance into downward dog and lost my balance and wiped out... but it turns out my mate caught the wave after my epic dismount and he rode that wave all the way in then told me it was the best wave he ever caught, so that was very cool and I was stoked for him. So I guess that wave was never meant to be mine. Funny how fate works sometimes.

Do you believe that there are gods watching over us tampering with the world and our lives, you know like in the old classic mythological films, like Jason and the Argonauts, where Zeus looked into his magic jacuzzi to see the world below and swirl his finger around to create tempests, and determine the outcome of battles with board games of miniature heroes, armies and monsters... so yeah, do you think not all things in life come down to luck and your own free will, but sometimes your fate is in the hands of the gods... or God if you're not into Greek style?

LUUH19
Emeraldia
Thought Provoker
Joined 5th Aug 2014
Forum Posts: 72

A rusty nail pierced my leg pretty badly and I was trying to find a tetanus shot for three hours and couldn't get any so I just took antibiotics.

How you ever felt a presence that someone or something was watching you while you are sleeping?

Daffodil32
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 28th Feb 2018
Forum Posts: 47

yes i have .. i have felt '' lost souls '' around me .. long story but yes i have felt unusual things, quite scary actually

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14455

in terms of gods, or titans etc I don't see why not. it's not too far off "we're in a computer game" theory which could also be just as  meritful

do you think abortion should be free, legal and safe globally ?

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

well now i wonder about that free aspect, as if it is free then you are the product.

way back when people in poor countries were given transistor radios in exchange for grtting a vasectomy.

now with the declining birtgrate in many developed countries, their controlling gov'ts i think are looking for ways to promote sexy time as well as offer money to give birth

what about your thoughts on Leps Q?

poet Anonymous

I am fiercely pro-choice, so yes.

Do you think anger is a choice or unavoidable?

dejure
vick
Dangerous Mind
29awards
Joined 17th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 2879

I believe you have the choice to avoid the anger. And unavoidable anger means you chose not to hold it or control it. So I say anger is a choice.

have you listened to the Disturb version of - sound of silence  featuring Miles Kennedy?

Go to page:
Go to: