Lost Thinker
Joined 5th Feb 2018
Forum Posts: 17

i feel this way too

Llanah_Fearless
Strange Creature
Joined 20th May 2018
Forum Posts: 1

I am a very quite person, most think I don't have much to say. When I was 12 my family became worried and a family friend wrapped a book as a gift and gave it to me saying it will help.  You will know what to do she said.  I stared at it for days until when I finally opened it poetry flowed from me.  I was surprised. I thought it would be just diary entries but instead poem after poem, and that became how I expressed all that I felt.

floralii
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 15th May 2018
Forum Posts: 6

I was plagued by voices and scary hallucinations from a young age, and at the time didn't realise that and was too terrified to tell anyone. I used to memorize pieces of literature, particularly poetry, in an effort to shut out the voices so I am eternally grateful to poetry and other poets

Little_Tails
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 6th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 3

Since childhood, creativity has always been part of me. I've always had love for books, music and writing. In a sense, what inspired me to pursue poetry more closely was loss. A few years ago, I had many music projects of sentimental value on a hard drive that was corrupted due to a virus. Having lost years of work did not discourage me from that desire to craft stories and messages. That was when I pushed myself to sharpen my words, to practice through poetry.

Today, why I write is so that I could craft a message that inspires, enchants or resonates with a reader. What matters to me is making a deep, positive impact on a person. I'm a strong believer in accomplishing that through works like poetry. The experience of creating a veiled message presented in the gift of poetry for a reader to unwrap for themselves through interpretation is like no other.

teewilly
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 6th June 2018
Forum Posts: 4

Poetry is language used in a special way. Its words form patterns of verse, sound and thought to appeal strongly to the imagination. With poetry your eye sees the pattern of the line and your ear or eyes catch the rhythms and the rhyme. All life all things being seen or felt, all sorrows and joys are poetry.

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017
Forum Posts: 759

too much ink in my pen...got to go somewhere...

poet Anonymous

My Mom bought me my first book of poetry at age ten. I fell in love with poetry and that book. At age 13, I was sitting in my civics class bored to tears when I composed my first poem. I've been writing ever since.

Go to page:
Go to: