Page:

Writing Letters [#A, B, C, D]

Duncan
Duncan Alexander
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 1awards
Joined 4th May 2010
Forum Posts: 2144

I enjoy writing letters to folks. I am out of practice. Letters bring joy to me and I hope they can bring joy to you. Post your name if you want a letter sent to you and then anyone is free to PM you for an address to post to.

You can post poetry, prose, something nonsensical or something that cuts to the core of who you are.

I find that when I move past the novelty of writing, letters and cards, I find it to be a deep, oft times, complex art form. Like a performance piece. When I perform my poetry I have no idea how it is going to be received or perceived. When I perform my poetry I can get feedback afterwards but when I write a letter, aside from it being, deeply, personal, a reply is going to take some time and gives me time to ruminate on the intention behind the piece(Of writing).

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16209

How interesting! I think the art of writing letters is not too well practised these days. Should it be handwritten or typed or whatever we want? Handwritten for snail-mails is nice...its so personal. Its like having a pen-pal, isn't it. I like this idea.

Duncan
Duncan Alexander
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 1awards
Joined 4th May 2010

Whatever you want Grace. Make it interesting.

I struggled to keep pen-pals when I was in prep school. It is personal and it takes persistence to keep up a relationship with someone that you don't see every day.

Duncan
Duncan Alexander
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 1awards
Joined 4th May 2010

When giving out your address it should be set out something like this:

Duncan Alexander
PO box 324
Nottingham Road
SOUTH AFRICA

poet Anonymous

I converse with people all over the world with hand written letters. I'm also part of postcrossing, a worldwide postcard project. I feel so passionately about handwritten letters - it's a craft that is slowly dying.

The more the merrier!

Duncan
Duncan Alexander
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 1awards
Joined 4th May 2010

I'm also on Postcrossing.

Duncan
Duncan Alexander
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 1awards
Joined 4th May 2010

Miss_Sub, your inbox is full, would you like me to send you some mail?

poet Anonymous

Huh? My inbox has nothing in it...

Duncan
Duncan Alexander
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 1awards
Joined 4th May 2010

The message I get when trying to send you a message says: "Error: This member cannot accept messages at this time."

poet Anonymous

... pass. Obviously not meant to be.

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

Writing letters is a lost art form ... gone with it, cursive writing ... sad

Page:
Go to: