poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Isgyppie_
The_perpetual_journey_
Thought Provoker
Australia 3awards
Joined 17th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 48

Art is therapy, for the creator and the viewer. It has the power to heal and prospect more than anything else can. I don't think you can have one without the other. Expression is therapy and therapy is expression.

marciace
Marci Ace
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 17th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 1

Poetry is both. it just depends on your emotions at the time of writing it. -Marci

Lxwrence75
Strange Creature
United Kingdom
Joined 26th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 6

Id argue that its both, for some people its more like therapy for them but then on the other hand it also stands as a form of art because theres a range of styles that you can include in your writing so it does swing both ways

Lxwrence75
Strange Creature
United Kingdom
Joined 26th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 6

That's true mate

atufaker
Strange Creature
Joined 27th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 3

I think from my experience it can be both art and poetry, given I'm extremely new this so who knows

EmmaBlunt
Strange Creature
Joined 23rd Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2

Yep, I agree with what others have said. Poetry is definitely a form of art and can be incredibly therapeutic as well.

SatansSperm
Dangerous Mind
13awards
Joined 19th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 3112

both...and hopefully therapeutic  for both the writer and reader in an artistic form...

highwaytohell
Greg
Thought Provoker
South Africa
Joined 24th Sep 2015
Forum Posts: 449

To broaden things most forms of art. A lot of art movements are due to the way people felt at a time. Think of therapy and art as a whole. A ying to a yang. In essence both are polar opposites by nature. Therapy implies pure emotion whereas art implies a sense of structure and order. It can be further argued that one can not exist without the other. A therapeutic poem to a poet will always have some form of structure and vice versa. For me I think of as therapy not only on a personal level but a level that challenges people's thoughts and actions. Which just so happens to be protest art.

The question itself needs work because most people will most likely say both. It is better to have a controversial question because at a minimum it forces people to argue better.

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

poetry is poetry.

highwaytohell
Greg
Thought Provoker
South Africa
Joined 24th Sep 2015
Forum Posts: 449

Well there you have folks who knew poetry could be so easily summarized in 3 words. Now I am going to veer off topic as male biology dictates but I have to say this. You dear Umm have one amazingly beautiful body. Pervert mode shutting off. Perhaps poetry is also about men trying to lure women to bed(good a reason as any) making it a form of expression to others. What a lovely spanner I threw in there huh.

Just think about it

seekingkate
kateA
Tyrant of Words
Australia 28awards
Joined 20th May 2014
Forum Posts: 2079

I do not profess to have a beautiful body as is stipulated by society...but I love it...

There is something about a man being open to poetry, to expressing his thoughts in words and I don't mean erotica...such a man can be very seductive no matter what he looks like but then again I'm not into looks either...

Is poetry art or therapy?  

To some it is therapy and to some they can't get pass the therapy...

To others it is pure art, it can paint a picture and it doesn't have to be the picture in the poets head..

It fuels the imagination, allows you to travel along the byways of this physical life and beyond...

It is beauty and therefore art...

yellodevil
Strange Creature
Joined 28th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 4

Both. But for who? The reader or the writer?

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

hey, thanks highwaytohell

to back up my three word summary, everything and anything can be thought of as art and it's the same with therapy...so, to me, when choosing which of the two all encompassing words best "is poetry" the answer is fairly simple: unsurprisingly both, but also neither because it is it's own thing.

avon
southside
Strange Creature
Bulgaria
Joined 18th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 1

If i like some poet to read then his poems becomes art to me.I start to look at the words and sentences like a composition or open window to the time period when the poem is written  and i start to search the feeling behind these words,and after all it doesn't matter what the poet want to tell with his expressions.It's matter the feeling i get as a reader,because when i connect with that and i can go back after ten,twenty,fourty years since the first read.I can be inspired to,to write,to share,to connect.There is a poems i dont get and don't understand for example,and  i dont like it or hate it.Its whatever.The point is,when its time to see the poem as art it's the moment that the poem chose me to conect with.And poetry can be creative therapy,because we have to throw the feelings outside to transform it into the reality,somehow..When you write,you write to yourself and you face yourself,your inner world(ligth and dark side) and only you know what you have inside, and if you have the courage to create this and to share it then you connect  part of your inner world to other minds,your poetry became life form ,and you extend your creative mind to outside.Sorry my english, it's not my native language ,please don't hate me :D

Go to page:
Go to: