Go to page:

Can you define poetry

Gothic_Brown_Eyes
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 30th June 2015
Forum Posts: 9

In my opinion, poetry should flow and show an image to the reader that can take them off into their own minds. Also not every poem rhymes or should, plus some really good poetry I have read are very rhythmic but not in a rhyming sense. I also think that its up to the writer how the poem has been laid out, so with each poem its going to be different and unique.      

cheese4life2
Strange Creature
Joined 28th July 2015
Forum Posts: 5

Poetry is a flow of words that conveys a meaning beyond what words can say. Every tittle, the dot above an i. is a fingerprint, every t is crossed in it's own way, yet together they create a river of meaning greater than the sum of its parts. At least that's what poetry is to me.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
prestonGibson
NomadsPath
Thought Provoker
United States 3awards
Joined 31st Dec 2014
Forum Posts: 49

There are languages in this world that are beyond the limitations of words.
Poetry, I think, is the way we attempt to translate such magic;
to explain our point of perspective.  

It's a language we see when we look up at the stars on cloudless nights, feel humbled by the sea, or embrace the peices of heartache.
It's a retelling of the secrets the universe whispers to our souls.

Somethings cannot be explained,
nor should they be.
Poetry however,
is the art of documenting magic,
how we see it,
and how we feel it.
It's an attempt to communicate to the stars what living/loving on earth is like.  

poet Anonymous

poetry is the hissing sound that water falling from the sky on a bunch of cold water makes, and you're in the middle of the sea while its raining... mostly just getting your underwear wet...I mean drowning.

Duncan
Duncan Alexander
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 1awards
Joined 4th May 2010
Forum Posts: 2144

Poetry is perception incarnate. An understanding. This is who I am, this is where I am, this is what I am, this is what I see, this is what I think, this is what I feel.

fred_r_kane
Flat line---------------
Twisted Dreamer
United States 2awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2010
Forum Posts: 206

Hulk smash! Poe try!  

poet Anonymous

Poetry is a big bucket of piss to drown rats in. It's just that some float better than others...

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

is a bad bitch who loves the shit out of you but always fucks your friends.............

Arbasyn
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 29th July 2015
Forum Posts: 16

Geometry of the soul.

RebelePhoenix
Rebel Phoenix
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 3rd Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 93

Poetry for me is the precise manner in which I have faced each rising sun and prayed away each glowing moon that I have seen in my life without laying down and giving up. Is it the reason? No! But poetry and writing as well as music (singing) was enough soul cry to carry me on. My life is in my literary gift, Poetry is my inner spirit's confidant and comforter

rowantree
Thought Provoker
United States 7awards
Joined 5th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 217

Poetry is a raw form of expression that is the result of your mood, inspiration, and access to pen and paper.

Mutsa_speaks
Strange Creature
Joined 5th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 2

For me poetry is a freedom. I feel light and free. I am at my happiest when i indulge in poetry. It gives me wings.

Offensivelyme
Lost Thinker
France
Joined 12th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 25

To me, poetry is the art of immortalizing a moment, saying the unspeakable, in a song without music. It's the art of shaping words and sentences in order to tell our most inner thoughts.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

for me, that word has the same emotional velocity as "hate" "love" "fear" etc. so it is not easy to define.  i have probably tried to before, if so, i failed.    now, i would describe it as something i used to do.

Go to page:
Go to: