Go to page:

Favorite DUP Poets

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

So many great poets it's impossible to choose one but these are my favourites. they are all awesome

Missy
AtoMikbomb
Willow
Taryn
jemac
_shadoe_ (koshka)
Amorous_tryst
sophie_ericson
mel44
crimsin
flower girl
Poetspeak
Ragnar
Josh
SimpleTon
archetype23
composedWITHrazors

Some relatively new people who are awesome:

Medinda
EdibleWords
BlueOrchid
Allyzone
Orc_Pirate_68

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2294

Interesting..........this
I DO have favorites
but don't want to list because almost weekly I start following another poet to my list.

But I am fascinated by the previous poets on this list prior to 2018.
I am definitely gonna be reading their ink.

poet Anonymous

Omg. I’ve just spent like an hour reading back through this thread, seeing fantastic names of old: RedTbird, PierreTheMad, MikeTheEngineer, Aish (come back bird, I miss you...) Six-out, LightBaron, LaceySpacey, Cthonian, always_caliban, Gigi, Jesta, Deathproof, Souladareatease, Whale... that’s where all the talent was. Fuck, I miss those days. Literally all the time.

Anyhoo.... been as I’m still here, I’d like to make an updated list:

Todski28 - When he’s here... he writes poems that literally make me forget to breathe. If you’re reading this from the outside, come back soon fucker.

Imperfected_stone - Raw honesty. Just incredible. Always fantastic soul food.

Trouble_loves_me - Writes so passionately about this little island of mine... and a Mozza fan. So. He’s up there.

Takis1917 - Sometimes he writes pieces and I’m like “damn I wish I thought of that”. Super intelligent writing. Love it.

Samael - Always something read worthy.

David_Macleod - He’s just my favourite ball of whimsical rage.

Lepperochan - When he does write... it’s stella.

The_Silly_Sibyl - Has the most amazing skill of capturing a moment.

RevolutionAL - Where all the magic lives.

Taryn - raw brutal honesty.

Willow - Her nature view of the world is captivating.

Tenderloin - literally the only erotica writer I read these days. Intelligent as fook.

Case28 - king of the visual arts. His poems aren’t bad either.

DanielChristensen - it’s just beautiful. All of it. From start to finish.

DevlinDLC - wherever she may be, she rocks.

Indie - never a bad poem written.

Magdalena - always such painful beauty.

... I may have missed a few. Lawdy. This thread got me all emotional. 🙈

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14630

Miss_Sub said: that’s where all the talent was. Fuck, I miss those days. Literally all the time.

I'll be here four years in April so, with the exception of Poppy and Whale, I remember an entirely different sector of influencial talent such as:

Shadoe ( who thank goodness is still here some - and also appears on the most popular poem list most often ), PaulSDartford ( who is thankfully still here and is King of double-entendre and brevity ); dkzksaxxas_Danielx ( who is actually the reason I'm here, and is somewhat active despite his grave loss and misfortunes ); Pishashee, KDAmB, onefiftysix, Magdalena ( graces us when she can ), Poetikmind ( still around periodically and one of the most genuine poets and people known to man ), Summultima ( still gracing us with her metaphysical presence, thank goodness ), professoryackle, Chiyo, AEMelia ( still shining her transcendental self ), RevolutionAl ( still popping in occassionally ), JohnFeddeler ( king of noir ),   VirginiaPetal ( whom I still worry about ), Flowergirl ( such an inspirational support and thankfully still around ), and JohnnyBlaze ( my soul twin and partner in all things ).  

I am sure there are others I have forgotten over the course of years, those who time allotted a brief interlude that memorialized, supported, and inspired me nevertheless.  But, the ones above, they are my 'Good old days', though not to the point of wishing DUP was the way it was ( because we all know the serious problems with bullies and trolls we had back then ).

It seems our first stint here in the underground is akin to our first date, or kiss, or record album - forever dubbed as the 'good old days' for some - just the beginning for others, like me.  I frankly don't miss those days as much as I am grateful for them.  Like any school, there are students who graduate and go out into the world, and there are teachers who stay. For the most part, the tunnels will always be graced with the new - just as it should be.

What excites me is the plethora of new talent blessing these underground tunnels, especially as of late.  I can only hope I am half the support and inspiration to them that my first DUP mentors were for me ( sans the bullies ). And that I become a memory from their 'good old days' here at DUP. . .

Peace and joy to all in the New Year.  May it bring prosperity in whatever our hearts desire! May some find their way back here, if only for a visit; a reunion of sorts to touch base and let those inspired by them see how they've gotten along.

📝❤🎉

poet Anonymous

They were called the good old days because they were indeed the good old days. The older members will remember the glory days of this place. Nothing like it is now.

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2294

Miss_Sub said:They were called the good old days because they were indeed the good old days. The older members will remember the glory days of this place. Nothing like it is now.

Is it not good now or not as good as
" the good old days "  ?

Or is it not as good because of the absence of some of these poets you all remember who no longer frequent here?

I've already read some ink and tried to comment and the system said the ink was not available -- though I just read it.  So I'm thinking it's archived or something to that effect.

summultima
uma
Dangerous Mind
India 34awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2012
Forum Posts: 1301

interesting thread..& listing would actually help focusing some talents-hidden or present or watsoev, also sure beautifully digs of the interactions & learnings we had with our listed ones. Wat i do feel .. once you are 'in' the DU seriously poetically..over time..you do see clear styles & favorites emerging that's adored ..& yes, moulding you in someways . But then again, this 'time' is relative to each own based on their disposition to reads, phases of life one's in & so & so..#juzme

here's my list in remembrance or continuing tribute to them..in way of their mentions:

Magdalena & Strider- Foremost poetic souls who juz almost unconditionally  'adopted'  me as their poetic kid . great support from these two highly prolific & poets of  delivered elegance

Jestalessa - mesmerizing poetry through her captured colours & imageries ..runs full of emotional veins..( could sense her other avatars now too . I feel & believe she' s present now)

shadoe- architect of her own style that's expressive & impressive to the core..

Aglitch, Kameron, mbass (Mathew Bass). Opheliac, Eamonn (Lepperochan), Cthonian, petrus (TryHardMartyr), noonenothingnone, marcella, 3ampoems (Celine Belli). Luca- Aw,  the poetic quotients of these listed are beyond description..immersive sublime poetry -feels could actually drink & survive on juz their poetry:)

Abracadabra, Steve bragg, hemihead, case28, Anna Grin, Mr.A (Alptraum) , Indie, kourtnisixxx,Vee, mikimoondancer, missy, jack heslop (the silly sibyl), RevolutionAl, Sumeet (Ah, he's the one how i found my way here in this alluring deep dark corner;), johnrot, dartford- totally striking poetry

Some More Present Recent Poets:

InNomine, Layla
takis1917
Trouble_Loves_Me
Brandon Hursell
Vandel Viaclovsky
Splitsunsets
yourtruth
runawaymindtrain
Daniel Christiansen
AEMelia
Ahavati
Devlin
coldfusion
jemac
Nephele
UnleashedHeathen

And yeah, many many more favourites whom I wud have left out here, whom I  havent read ..probably havent had (enough) interface yet;)

happy 2019 lovely poets of the deep!:) xx

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

summultima said:
happy 2019 lovely poets of the deep!:) xx

🕛🎉🍷💋🍷

Thank you for the mention.  In gratitude!  👭❤

AEMelia564 said:THANK YOU Ahavati for the kind words and description.....HONOURED HONOURED HONOURED
And Uma, thanks so much for the mention.......you ladies are both shining stars of DU
Love to you .....and to all fellow members
Greets, Melia

🕛🎉🍷💋🍷

Thank you, AEMelia! Happy New Year!

💫✨

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

I've been here 4 1/2 years ... and while there are a lot of talented writers here ( especially lately ),

one person stands out for her exceptional verse, efforts towards encouraging and helping other poets to grow, and grace exhibited in all of her actions:

Ahavati

💜💏💋

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

😊 Daw! Thank you.  

Into the New Year! 🎉🍷💋🍷🎉

💜💑💋

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words