Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

Would You Buy A Book of DUP work? ..

rachel679
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 1st Oct 2011
Forum Posts: 3

I would no doubt buy it, especially since it would likely be the best, most interesting book of collected poetry ive ever owned. The poets on this site truely give their whole selves to the page as well as the public.

PierreTheMad
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 7th Dec 2009
Forum Posts: 2808

Been looking around and found this:

http://connect.lulu.com/t5/Video-Tutorials/Video-on-How-to-Publish-a-Book/ta-p/31793

It's a video on how to publish a book through Lulu.com.  It doesn't cost anything to put it together but each book has to be bought.  I don't know what kind of profit margin this would allow but we're not expecting the New York Times best seller list are we?  It's a thought.

poet Anonymous

I've self published through LuLu myself and it's pretty easy. The only costs involved are pre ordering proofs once you've got it together, and adding an ISBN number. The profits were in no way enormous, I got about £3 for every copy sold. However you also get the chance to make it an e-book, with no costs at all. Although I can't help thinking that an e-book is going to be no different from just reading our work on the DUP site.

PierreTheMad
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 7th Dec 2009
Forum Posts: 2808

Excellent point but I think the ebook wouldn't be for us.  And also, I've posted this in the wrong place.  Copying and pasting.

DarcAnGeL
Araweelo
Twisted Dreamer
Canada 1awards
Joined 21st Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 82

27 votes so far ?!
maybe it should be made into a sticky thread or something for more visibility.

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1749

Well now...I'm going to go right ahead and call this idea a dead duck...seems that the interest isn't there? Maybe if we had recieved 200 positive votes we'd have had a platform to launch from, but 20 seems like it'll never fly...

HH.

poet Anonymous

H...

I dont know dude, you only had a total of 31 voters, of which 29 were positive...

Which is about the number of people we see posting in forums.

Perhaps the wonderfull webmiz would pm all members asking for them to vote on this, we might have non forum users voting aswell?

Al

billy423uk
Thought Provoker
Joined 28th Mar 2010
Forum Posts: 299

i said no, while there is some good publishable poetry here, i don't think there's anywhere near enough for a book.

poet Anonymous

I think I would have bought a book of DU poetry, but billy you have nothing to worry about it wont happen... HH has left us, and as he is the only one here with enough "balls' even if he has to borrow his sisters to get the thing of the ground, chances are dramatically slim that it would happen. More especially considering the quantity of people who been even prepared to vote on the possibility.

RavenofSorrow
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 19th Jan 2011
Forum Posts: 453

who do i talk to to get my work in it? do i have to win a competition?

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2264

I would but wouldn't it be a massive TOME by now?
Maybe an << e-book >>  would be a better avenue here.

Billy_Snagg
Rist Jizzmann
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 37awards
Joined 14th Apr 2018
Forum Posts: 235

I would if I was f**king in it, lol.

Go to page:
Go to: