Plagiarists (once proven): Should we ban them?

67.65% • 23 votes • Yes
29.41% • 10 votes • Yes, but only after they’ve been given a second chane
2.94% • 1 vote • No
Total votes: 34
Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

Plagiarists (once proven): Should we ban them?

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021
Forum Posts: 1200

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

LOL, that's pretty desperate isn't it?!

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
PoetWarrior
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 22nd Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 87

Wafflenose said:Loads copied from other poetry sites, singers, songwriters and even Audrey Hepburn.

You have my respect!  People like you may save this site!

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

I've reported her many times, including four times tonight. I've since found many more examples I could also report, but I'm tired, in pain and have better things to do.

PoetWarrior
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 22nd Sep 2018

Wafflenose said:I've reported her many times, including four times tonight. I've since found many more examples I could also report, but I'm tired, in pain and have better things to do.

REAL writers appreciate your efforts and persistence! I HOPE THAT DUP MODS TAKE NOTICE!

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

Thank you, PW. Relic also made a huge effort.

PoetWarrior
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 22nd Sep 2018

W,  2 more poets will soon follow with their revelations!  You are far from being alone!

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

That means a lot. Thank you!

poet Anonymous

Fully concede that words can become wedged in the sub conscious, but when Memes, Instagram et al of others are simply copied and pasted, it's a frigging insult to the intelligence of everyone who has visited this site. A non DU member brought my attention to the deceitful activities of 2 or 3 on here. My last comment on the whole tatty affair. It's boring and they should have the good grace & humility to bore-off, before evidence is provided.  

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

Possibly too late, Rob... I've reported various thieving gits over the past 24 hours, together with all kinds of incriminating evidence. I'm VERY tempted to mention in 'their' poems' comment sections exactly what is cribbed from where, but it's not really my place to do so. I did on ONE of Nora's... because I've been directly affected by her ripping off my stuff.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5601

Thanks for the heads up, everyone-- I've taken care of all the logged reports and if there are more instances with users not yet reported, please use the help/ask question section, to send us links to the users here, and where they've stolen from.  We can't act, if we aren't alerted, and DUP has no auto-plagiarism checker built into the website, so we have to rely on tip-offs .

We do send warning messages to those guilty of plagiarism, with the intent to offer them a chance to remove the stolen content themselves and behave , moving forward.  If ignored or repeated, then we ban and possible remove their account if they are so cavalier to think the rules about theft, don't apply to them.  We also remove what we can of plagiarized content, based on what reports we are given , links, etc.

Hope this helps to explain and thanks to all who are so vigilant in spotting things like this.  

poet Anonymous

Can I simply suggest peeps refrain from discussing this in public anymore.  

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5601

Strangeways_Rob said:Can I simply suggest peeps refrain from discussing this in public anymore.  

Certainly arguements yes/no, on that-- discussing can stir the pot, more, and get things riled up, but it can also let plagos know, we are onto them and watching....

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Go to page:
Go to: