Casted_Runes
Mr Karswell
Fire of Insight
England 5awards
Joined 4th Oct 2021
Forum Posts: 402

Thanks for sharing!

poet Anonymous

Missed this thread first time around...must have been that July inferno. Good idea to share contemporary writers in print, especially if you prefer books to kindle. There was a time before the internet. Lol.

SweetKittyCat5
Tyrant of Words
26awards
Joined 5th Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 1458

I love all Langston Hughes' works, I had to do PowerPoint presentation on him in college and an oral presentation on Maya Angelou; my favorite poet and poetess, such fabulous works of art from both.

Pitillo
Strange Creature
Joined 28th Sep 2022
Forum Posts: 9

SweetKittyCat5 said:I love all Langston Hughes' works, I had to do PowerPoint presentation on him in college and an oral presentation on Maya Angelou; my favorite poet and poetess, such fabulous works of art from both.
By the way, everyone aspires to complete a task flawlessly and to a high standard, which is another manner in which we are similar. I always use case study writing service https://www.bestessays.com/casestudy.php for this reason. For writing a lab report or a case study, experts offer a prompt service.

ElliotCartwright
Strange Creature
Joined 16th Feb 2023
Forum Posts: 4

Certainly! Here are a few poetry books that you might enjoy:

"Milk and Honey" by Rupi Kaur: This collection of poetry and prose explores themes of love, loss, trauma, and healing, and has been widely acclaimed for its accessible style and powerful emotional impact.

"The Sun and Her Flowers" by Rupi Kaur: Another collection by Rupi Kaur, "The Sun and Her Flowers" explores themes of growth, identity, and self-love, and features Kaur's trademark mix of poetry and illustration.

"The Waste Land" by T.S. Eliot: This classic modernist poem is considered one of the most important works of 20th-century literature, and explores themes of disillusionment, decay, and the struggle to find meaning in a fragmented world.

"Selected Poems" by Langston Hughes: This collection of poems by the iconic Harlem Renaissance poet showcases Hughes's lyrical and evocative writing style, as well as his powerful commentary on the African-American experience.

"Ariel" by Sylvia Plath: This posthumous collection of poems by Sylvia Plath is widely regarded as one of her greatest works, showcasing her intense and haunting imagery, as well as her preoccupation with themes of death, rebirth, and the struggle for creative expression.

atmos_productions
Atmos
Strange Creature
United Kingdom
Joined 20th Mar 2023
Forum Posts: 3

Hi all,

My debut poetry book titled Poetry for the Blind is now available to read as a free eBook with the paperback version coming out within a month or two. It is available to read on most major platforms such as Amazon and Apple Books. If my book resonates with you, please consider leaving a review on Amazon (preferably) or another platform of your choosing.

Here is the description for the book.

Description

How often do we reflect on the life we are living or the kind of future we are heading towards as a species?

The way that we think of the world shapes the world that we live in and how we interact with it.

Poetry for the Blind is a collection of poems about issues in the world, philosophy, consciousness, raising awareness of gratitude, promoting positive change, and concerns for the future of humanity.

Through poetry, this book offers readers a way to explore the human condition through the eyes of the author and reflect on issues affecting the collective consciousness residing in human lives on a mass scale. Through turmoil and devastating circumstances, Poetry for the Blind progresses towards a sense of possibility and hope for a positive future—a future that we can still have.

We have the power to change the world but we have to start with ourselves first.

If you would like to read it please leave a comment or send me a DM and I will be more than happy to provide a link to your preferred platform.

Thanks

Atmos

johnnyscarlotti
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 29th Oct 2017

eyyy here's mine, who knows how long it'll stay up. was initially banned lol. if u like dark comedy, u can find it on amazon. can read it for free with kindle unlimited membership. i've got a membership myself if you've got any recommendations

Poetrynite
D.E Bivins
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 20th Oct 2023

This book is the cumulation of my hopes and my dreams. My wins and my losses. My successes and failures. My loves and my heart breaks. Things I have lost and have found to this point in my life. I'm extremely proud of it.  

Poetrynite
D.E Bivins
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 20th Oct 2023

Langston Hughes poems inspired me to start writing poetry. He will always have a special place in my heart.

ajay
Fire of Insight
England 2awards
Joined 21st Mar 2023
Forum Posts: 1225

This is a good one. Highly recommended, in fact 👍👍👍

Page:
Go to: