Page:

Sharing your works, with horrible anxiety involved.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

monty- may i call you monty? you can’t. you have to live with it

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

the other option is to write purely descriptively and ban the letter i

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Here's the thing.

If you write about yourself, but don't mention afterwards that it was about yourself, no one will know.

Regardless, many people will assume it was, simply because they do they same thing.

It's not narcissistic, unless you feel they are diverting attention away that should be yours, followed up with attempts to get back "what you are entitled to".

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Cerberus_Moon
melanie
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 18th May 2021
Forum Posts: 3

Personally, in my poetry in the past, I've written about my experiences, but I have always managed to keep it 'generalized'. Meaning, if someone comments trying to give me comfort or trying to tear me down, I simply just respond with a 'thank-you'. They don't need to know if I personally went through it or not. If someone has told me something, and I *felt* like I could relate, I wrote. If something in society bothered me, like the homeless on the streets, veterans not getting enough help, I wrote about it. I use writing to cope with everything, so eventually over time I made it hard for people to distinguish if it was just a thought in my head or a personal experience. I don't know if this method would help you, but it has me. :)

Cicifast
Strange Creature
Joined 29th June 2021

This is sincere

poet Anonymous

There are thousands of writers who feel that way, and refrain from posting/submitting their work. Don't be one of them. Writers write what is in their hearts, mind and soul, and you should never regret that.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 32awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5662

Cynnie said:There are thousands of writers who feel that way, and refrain from posting/submitting their work. Don't be one of them. Writers write what is in their hearts, mind and soul, and you should never regret that.

☝️ this.

fiveamtuesday
Thought Provoker
3awards
Joined 11th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 257

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Accept that all creative minds are narcisstic by nature. Art is the most intimate form of self expression, produced by the self. Art has no real value beyond what thoughts or emotions they evoke.
The end result is a manifestation of 'you' in tangible space, changing the chemistry in the brains of the observer.

We're all narcissists who love rereading our own words, smirking at our clever words, and chuckling at our own ideas.
Some of us just know how to be more humble about it.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

I Just Write

I very , very , very , rarely change one word of what I write...

Nor do I give a flying f**k what others think...

Why would I ?

It is my reality , and to think , or care about anything
else , is craziness , and pure bullshit...write from who
you are , and what you feel , anything else , is ridiculous...

aren-hanson1
Strange Creature
Joined 26th Oct 2021

When I was just beginning to write, I was very shy with and protective of my work. I wanted others to notice it, but I didn't want to put it out there for fear that no one would like it. It's been hard, but I've learned that no one will read what you have to say if you don't put it out there. And who knows? Maybe someone will like it. :D

Page:
Go to: