Go to page:

Stalked, because of your poetry.

adagio
Tyrant of Words
United States 4awards
Joined 15th Jan 2019
Forum Posts: 289

I was a mod on the "grand daddy of the net. There are those on the net, who are waiting at the depot, as life has passed them by. They bring their despair and hate to sites such as DUP. Sometimes, making it difficult for the "good" folks.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14589

Layla said:Good point and a good advice Ahavati.
Sadly, we all forget that rule of thumb when the waters are calm and our natural inclination is to share cause we humans like to bond but i'll tell you...recently i found out i had a stalker for the last  9+yrs.  What a sad life that person must have and i wish them more of a sad existence in their own misery.

Stalkers love nothing better than for you to feel comfortable and let your guard down. . .it's when you're the most vulnerable.

adagio said:I was a mod on the "grand daddy of the net. There are those on the net, who are waiting at the depot, as life has passed them by. They bring their despair and hate to sites such as DUP. Sometimes, making it difficult for the "good" folks.

Hurt people hurt people. It doesn't make it right, but doesn't make it any less true.  

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
MrDunnePoetry
Mr_Dunne_Poetry
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom 1awards
Joined 4th Jan 2022
Forum Posts: 9

Yep, for many years by my own family who went on to have me imprisoned and my material banned for five years courtesy of Crown Court for exposing family narcissistic abuse...

SeanBenson
Strange Creature
Joined 19th Nov 2021
Forum Posts: 5

Luckily, I've never had this. Hope you are doing well too.

Kou_Indigo
Karam L. Parveen-Ashton
Tyrant of Words
United States 69awards
Joined 15th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2794

Years ago, there was a girl named Laurie who idolized me both as a person and for my poetry and spiritual writings. She was a good kid, in her mid-teens when I first met her, but kind of obsessive about things to a bit of an unhealthy degree. Like, one year when she saw that I happen to shave my head... she decided that she just totally had to shave her head to be just like me. I kind of just let that slide, since kids will do that sometimes when they idolize someone enough. But things got a whole lot weirder from there! She started to tell everyone that I was her mother, mostly because her actual mother was a kind of controlling religious fanatic type and Laurie hated her guts and latched on to me as a replacement mother instead. Around that time, she was actually calling my house multiple times a day on at least three days out of every week. Her mother would be screaming in the background for her to get off the phone, and she'd run into her room so she could talk to me without her mother butting in. At the same time, I was dealing with my grandmother who was herself crazy from having dementia. But I tried to do what I could and be a good friend for the girl at least since I could tell she needed that in life. Then, she disappeared and went off to California after running away without telling either her mother or I where she was going and when next I heard from her, she had joined some cult of freelance scientologists and had lost her mind big time. She basically had gone from simply idolizing me to worshipping me and seeing me as her personal savior in life, in a religious sense. I didn't mind that so much, since I am a Wiccan and Gnostic High Priest/Priestess and I do actively teach people my particular blend of spirituality. So, it is to be expected that there will be some people who will look to me like a savior figure. I am actually okay with that! So that was not the way in which she had lost her mind. It was that she was communicating weird prophecies to me in a mixture of numerical equations and ancient languages. Oddly, I was actually able to decipher them and understand them, but it was still a bit strange since it seemed she had otherwise decided that she had no use for normal communication through words. I told Laurie to go home and square things away with her mother, but she wasn't having it. She joined up here on DUP just prior to leaving for California, and at first it was okay... she would post tribute poems to honor how she felt about me and stuff like that... but after she got back from California all of her poetry was more like she was just trying to mimic my own poetry and poetic style. Which was more than a bit irritating because it got people wondering if she was actually me under another profile or not. I had enough by that point because as much as I cared about the girl this time she was bordering on outright plagiarism of my works, so I contacted the powers that be on the site and inquired if she could be given a warning or if she might be banned for doing this (since it was serious enough that something did have to be done at the time). Right after that, I noticed her profile was deleted and all of her poems with it... so I figured that settled things and the matter was over and done with. Well, the calls to my house continued and after a bit she seemed to have gone back to talking normal once again; she decided at last to go back home to her mother but then after she got there, she called me to complain that her mother was intent on getting her psychiatric help to see if she could be deprogrammed from whatever they taught her in that scientology cult she had joined out west. Now, since by that point I thought she was finally acting pretty normal I told her mother that I felt she did not really need such help... but her mother was insistent she get it so there was nothing I could do about it. I talked to Laurie one last time, told her to hope for the best and to never forget me, and that was the last time we ever spoke again on the phone. Now, so far none of this is stalking... it is wacky stuff, sure, but not stalking. The stalking came later! Several years after that, I started to get emails from Laurie who had relocated to someplace in Germany by this point. Germany! Pretty far cry from her home in Florida. The emails were just... crazy. All to do with her knowing things about my past-life incarnations and demanding I pay attention to every word she wrote. She found some old paintings and things from history which all bore my face and kept going on and on about how I could not deny that I was all these different people. Now, oddly enough she was right! Those were all me in previous lives. So, I told her that I was aware of it and that she need not worry so much about it. She was... not quite reasonable... with her responses. Let us put it that way! I decided to do some digging, and I looked up her full name. I found out that there was a woman by that name who lived in Germany, but who had died many years before Laurie was ever born. That creeped me out big time! Because now, that basically meant that this girl was using an assumed name the whole time I had known her. While her mother had always called her Laurie, her mother never used their actual last name when talking to me over the phone so only Laurie ever told me what it was. Evidently, Laurie had not been entirely honest with me in that regard! It only goes a lot stranger from there... I decided to have a look once again at her two photos that she had once sent me in an email, only to discover a fascinating fact I had not noticed before. The faces, when I looked closely, were actually of two totally different people. But both had shaved heads! I then did a google image search with the pictures and absolutely nothing whatsoever came up when I did so, so I could never find out just who the two people in the pictures actually were. All I knew, is that either the girl I knew was always in fact two different people... or she was one person using two different identities, one of which had belonged to a dead woman. There were other possibilities that were probable as well, but anything I could have hoped to deduce would have still just been conjecture at that point. The year before last is when the emails finally stopped, around the time when another friend of mine emailed me warning me not to trust "Laurie", and that she knew who the girl actually was, and that the girl was a member of some strange occult group or another. I told my friend to handle the matter as best as she could see fit to, and she said she was going to have a talk with "Laurie" to get her to stop sending me those emails all the time. From what I learned, they had a long talk and the girl I had only known as Laurie decided it was time to let me be... but that she (Laurie that is) would still be keeping an eye out to make sure that I was safe in life. And that was the last I ever heard from or about her. Even our mutual friends stopped hearing from her after that, so at last the cyber-stalking Laurie had been doing to me had come to a close. At least she did not want to cut my heart out! I had a truly dangerous stalker like that once, and I ended up having to call the FBI to have the woman arrested when she decided that she was going to try and make good on her designs on my (literal) heart. They arrested her as she was making her way from north Florida to someplace up by the Carolinas. And thankfully, before anything horrible could befall! Like Laurie, she was someone I met on a poetry site (Starlite Cafe, in this case), but years before I had joined Deep Underground. She got obsessed with me, and in her case that obsession ended up with her being like that crazy woman from Stephen King's Misery. So those were the two worst cases of stalking that I have ever in my life experienced, especially the one that had designs on cutting my heart out so that she could "keep it forever" as she put it. Lol! ;)

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
PoetWarrior
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 22nd Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 87

About 2 years ago, 2 young ladies left DUP because they were being stalked.  The stalker managed to convince the 2 to share their email addresses.  It was sad to lose 2 good writers!

adagio
Tyrant of Words
United States 4awards
Joined 15th Jan 2019
Forum Posts: 289

One has to know what they are dealing with on the net. It's a freaking zoo.

Go to page:
Go to: