Go to page:

Stalked, because of your poetry.

mentaloop
Quentin Pheonix
Strange Creature
Australia
Joined 8th Mar 2020
Forum Posts: 1

Yes, a colleague of mine was hounded by nightmares of the Queen's Guard hunting him down after a piece he wrote that was purely satire. Apparently, the hegemony weren't amused...

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

Stalkers are cunt's, online and in real life.  

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 1873

Six years ago to this day, I sent out a piece of satire the resulted in my receiving  many death threats.  Before you read what I wrote, you need know my motivation.   At the time, many Texans, including then Texas Govenor Rick Perry, were advocating secession of their state from the union.  Considering that Texas is home of the vast majority of American military bases and military contractors, and was so economically dependent on Federal defense money, I found their idea ludicrous.  At the same time, American conservatives were also denouncing President Obama for not taking military action against Putin's Russia for their invasion of Crimea.  Though he condemned Russia's intrusion and demanded withdrawal, Obama was greatly ridiculed for being a coward by the same ignorants who were advocating Texas secession.  

So, in the spirit of Chaucer and David Letterman,
I decided to have some fun that would put secessionists on the spot.  I posted the following satirical open letter to President Obama.

I was stunned at the attention it received.   At first, many Texas secessionist were sharing it as support for their cause.  But within days, there was a backlash from Texans whose livelihood depended on Federal Military spending.  That's when a conservative talk radio show host condemned me on air for being a manipulator.
As a result I was inundated with threats by those who were taken in by my satire.   Threats were to such a degree I was forced to change my phone number and lie low till the storm passed.  Of course, now that Putin is Trump's buddy, conservative opinions on Russia have radically changed.  But for awhile,  I was scared, shitless.

END THE MILITARY OCCUPATION
OF TEXAS

(An open letter to the President of the United States, Barack Obama)

Considering your recent condemnation of Putin's invasion of the Crimean, Barack Obama, you should practice what you preach. It's time for you, Mr. President, to end the United States Military occupation of Texas.

With more than 38 military bases, the State of Texas is home to more American service men and women than most other states combined. And their presence is not appreciated in a 'Lone Star State' where even the governor, Rick Perry, decries the presence of the Federal Government as tyrannical and an obstacle to Texans' happiness and success. And like many Texans, Rick Perry is an advocate of Texas seceding from the Union. No doubt more Texas would join the voice of independence if it weren't for the intimidating presence of armed American troops.

Granted, there are arguments to be made that Texas should not be liberated. Those arguments site Texan's ungracious arrogant attitudes towards the rest of the county. But who are we, as the United States of America, to argue that Texas doesn't have the right to self-determination, when we advocate such a policy around the globe.

So I call upon you, President Barrack Obama, as Commander and Chief, to begin to close and relocate those 38 U.S. military bases so Texans can decide the future course of their State without a bunch of armed soldiers camped in their backyard. In addition, Mr. President, I ask that you close and relocate all NASA personnel, including the Lyndon Johnson Space Center. As you are aware, many Texans, along with other Americans, are concerned that these NASA sites serve nothing more than bases for intelligence gathering on its citizens. Something America has never had the right to do in the first place.

President Barrack Obama, don't be a hypocrite, if Russian troops should withdraw from the Ukraine, then certainly American troops should withdraw from Texas.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14587

Magdalena said:Stalkers are cunt's, online and in real life.  

Amen. And they typically get their just reward. . .

Wow! Snuggle!  Some people take satirical way too far, while others take it way too seriously.  There certainly is a fine line to balance.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Ahavati said:
Wow! Slip!  Some people take satirical way too far, while others take it way too seriously.  There certainly is a fine line to balance.

I am far different...

Yoke them with a rope , ( in the woods ) if they can't take a joke...

I refuse to bow down to *any* assholes...

I have lived to 65 , I shall live much further...

And if you think I have not dealt with assholes...

Well , let's just say I will not incriminate myself...

( yet I have lived in deep woods , deep desert ,
near ocean , and in deep swampland...interesting
what one may find out there , in the dark spaces )

We need to speak truth , loud and clear...

Fuck anything else...

Valeriya
Valeriya Long
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 1st Jan 2020
Forum Posts: 705

Blackwolf said:

I am far different...

Yoke them with a rope , ( in the woods ) if they can't take a joke...

I refuse to bow down to *any* assholes...

I have lived to 65 , I shall live much further...

And if you think I have not dealt with assholes...

Well , let's just say I will not incriminate myself...

( yet I have lived in deep woods , deep desert ,
near ocean , and in deep swampland...interesting
what one may find out there , in the dark spaces )

We need to speak truth , loud and clear...

Fuck anything else...

Hah you are so freakin bold I will hang your image on my wall and worship it
Just kidding @Blackwolf  it's a christian prod my own sick humor

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Valeriya said:

Hah you are so freakin bold I will hang your image on my wall and worship it
Just kidding @Blackwolf  it's a christian prod my own sick humor

No problem , my dear...

I hung christ on a rope around his neck on my wall years ago...

poet Anonymous

Genuinely shocked that perpetrators are still permitted to roam this site. Not only is it cowardly & immoral, but is illegal. Cyber warriors/bullies are filth. I favour Blackwolf's stance.  

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Trouble_Loves_Me said:Genuinely shocked that perpetrators are still permitted to roam this site. Not only is it cowardly & immoral, but is illegal. Cyber warriors/bullies are filth. I favour Blackwolf's stance.  

It's not always about being permitted.

Some people just keep coming back under new accounts.

And they will deny, deny, deny who they really are despite how obvious who they are is.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

JohnnyBlaze said:

It's not always about being permitted.

Some people just keep coming back under new accounts.

And they will deny, deny, deny who they really are despite how obvious who they are is.

That's upsetting! Nobody nowhere... is ever safe...

But real life is full of cons. It's wrecked social life, in general, to some degree. 😞

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

EdibleWords said:

That's upsetting! Nobody nowhere... is ever safe...

But real life is full of cons. It's wrecked social life, in general, to some degree. 😞

The internet makes it worse because they can hide their faces ( like telemarketers behind a phone ).

But, they can't hide their words. . . .

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Ahavati said:

The internet makes it worse because they can hide their faces ( like telemarketers behind a phone ).

But, they can't hide their words. . . .

Thank you for pointing that out! 😎👍❤️👏

Because... absolutely.

You can always tell those.

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

I think the internet is the new age of devil's playground.
Don't ever say anything, share anything, or put out (photos, personal info) anywhere that will come back to bite your ass and years do not make a difference.  Everything lingers indefinitely on the net including sickos.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Layla said:I think the internet is the new age of devil's playground.
Don't ever say anything, share anything, or put out (photos, personal info) anywhere that will come back to bite your ass and years do not make a difference.  Everything lingers indefinitely on the net including sickos.

I read an article somewhere that said the internet was never meant to be private. . .I have always kept that in the back of my mind. . .

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

Good point and a good advice Ahavati.
Sadly, we all forget that rule of thumb when the waters are calm and our natural inclination is to share cause we humans like to bond but i'll tell you...recently i found out i had a stalker for the last  9+yrs.  What a sad life that person must have and i wish them more of a sad existence in their own misery.

Go to page:
Go to: