Go to page:

Stalked, because of your poetry.

Valeriya
Valeriya Long
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 1st Jan 2020
Forum Posts: 705

EdibleWords said:You know Brassy. I'm Barfy. Not telling who anyone else is!
Fuunnnie sweet edible I've taken brassy busty and dwarfy

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 883

adagio said:Lush. Com is the pond many prey.

Most definitely.

Valeriya
Valeriya Long
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 1st Jan 2020

LunaGreyhawk said:

Most definitely.

Never heard of it but thank you i will stay away
Great info helping us all

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14574

LunaGreyhawk said:I have never been stalked because of my poetry, but I have received some really creepy unwanted attention in my inbox in direct response to my erotica spills. Most of them go away when ignored or when I tell them to shove off, but there were a few that have been persistent.

Yeah, right with you there; borderline obsessive, even.  That's when the magic of the block button comes into play!

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019

Ahavati said:

Yeah, right with you there; borderline obsessive, even.  That's when the magic of the block button comes into play!

It has definitely saved me from feeling like I needed to leave this space or limit my writing. There was one who was just really persistent, so after I figured out how to block, they were first on my list.  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14574

LunaGreyhawk said:

It has definitely saved me from feeling like I needed to leave this space or limit my writing. There was one who was just really persistent, so after I figured out how to block, they were first on my list.  

It's amazing to me how people fail to respect another's wishes or personal space, as though they are entitled to violate it.  All it demonstrates is a lack of self-control on their part.

I hope you never leave, the place wouldn't be the same.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

Ahavati said:

It's amazing to me how people fail to respect another's wishes or personal space, as though they are entitled to violate it.  All it demonstrates is a lack of self-control on their part.

I hope you never leave, the place wouldn't be the same.

Ditto!

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019

🥰🥰🥰Thank you, ladies.  I’m not going anywhere.  

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Some of us male counterparts , stand with the
woman's choice , and their assertion of power...

It is the only way to create natural harmony...;)

If I see , or psychically smell a man trespassing

that boundary , they shall meet forces they do

*not* want to deal with...just sayin'...

Valeriya
Valeriya Long
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 1st Jan 2020

Blackwolf said:Some of us male counterparts , stand with the
woman's choice , and their assertion of power...

It is the only way to create natural harmony...;)

If I see , or psychically smell a man trespassing

that boundary , they shall meet forces they do

*not* want to deal with...just sayin'...

Thank you i appreciate you

poet Anonymous

First few years — harassed and stalked by an absolute arsehole which included poetry, degrading pictures and abuse for years. You’ll be pleased to know he’s still a member here today. That’s the reason I left the first time.

At least two other arseholes in between with no boundaries or respect for personal space because of my poetry.

More recently, I received about ten messages from men after I wrote my Greta Thunberg poem with threats. Just so you know that there are some members here hiding with good faces, but completely attacking women on the quiet who dare to have an opinion.

Good job I’ve got thick skin.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5598

With any stalking or harassment here at DUP--hit the report button and if there is no report option, use the help/ask a question section, give details and links.  We can't do anything about it if we don't know about it.

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2287

i think women have it way worse than men online

One of my favorite Spoken Word Poets,  Agnes Török, came out with this in 2016
Reclaim the Internet - Agnes Török & Dangerous Women Project

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeoLRDqsMXs

Sex_on_the_Joe
Joe-D
Fire of Insight
United States 13awards
Joined 18th Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 274

Hello my fellow DUppers.... Have I ever been stalked by someone by the contents of my poetry???? I must say a hard no.... But I will say that when I first started here over a yr ago I was extremely scared and nervous.... See I never did anything with my poetry before as far as exploiting it on the web for who knows how many there are to see it.... I was always afraid that it might not be good enough or that someone might come along and steal my writings for themselves,,,, but then I ventured out to see what other poets had to say and see just how comfortable they were with this site.... So I felt a little more comfortable and decided to start out with my erotica first... If anything I thought my poems would be too explicit and would offend many people on this site but I still gave it a shot and was totally shocked by the positive feed back and responses I got.... So I ended up making a good name for myself and continued with my erotica... After awhile I felt even more bold and started testing my limits.... So I ventured out to different writing forms and genre.... I must say that so far I do feel that all my pieces are safe and protected here on this site..... As far as other members being harrased, both sexually and physically I do wanna say that I am totally sorry that that sort of things actually happened and you have all of my deepest condolences.... I know it must be really hard to push through all that negative and childish bullshit but you all did it and you did something about it.... I commemorate you all for sharing your experiences and not letting anyone or anything get between who you are and how you represent your poetry.... A strong poet needs not to fall into their enemies controversy but stand tall upon their skills and what the are writing for.... I as a member have always respected my fellow DUppers pieces and have never infringed upon their beliefs or rights as a person.... I do enjoy all my fellow writers and I am especially happy for finding this site...

adagio
Tyrant of Words
United States 4awards
Joined 15th Jan 2019
Forum Posts: 289

I'm having a ball writing on DUP. I don't put up with crap on any kind.

Go to page:
Go to: