Go to page:

im going to publish a book of love poems.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

before i do, i want to be sure of its quality. comment below if you have some skills that could help, and what you might want in return

sexual favours considered under special circumstances, but you know who you are

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14269

God, anna; you're the female equivalent of Danny ( whose was grueling to edit, but so worth it )—editing would have to be very, VERY meticulous on yours to retain the original style.  I think the book would be a great success. I would definitely purchase one, as I loved your first one.  I'd be willing to help ( if at all possible ) per poem along the process; walk with you along the way.  Sorry can no offer sex, but will take an autographed copy.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

while i don’t think i can compare to Danny in any way, i do think you would be a fantastic editor - once I’ve got a concept copy I’ll send it your way for your thoughts x

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

Awesome! I'll read/review.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

EdibleWords said:Awesome! I'll read/review.

I'm about to sit down this week with some uninterrupted time to read it through; however, I've been nibbling and love it so far.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

this ones going to be *fully* self-published and properly put together so my dudes you are in for a treat x

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2264

anna_grin said:this ones going to be *fully* self-published and properly put together so my dudes you are in for a treat x

Will it have any of Your Drawings included?  

As a terminal romantic
i am interested in perusing.  i only own 2 books by non-professional poets and purchased a Spoken Word CD a couple of years ago done by my favorite poet, Agnes Török.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

Tallen said:

Will it have any of Your Drawings included?  

As a terminal romantic
i am interested in perusing.  i only own 2 books by non-professional poets and purchased a Spoken Word CD a couple of years ago done by my favorite poet, Agnes Török.

im considering illlustrations, yes, but I’m far more of a sculptural/ immersive installation type of artist... i may include some photographs. i have a series of plasticine men in a dollhouse that might fit quite well, but again I would like to make it fresh

edit : in conclusion I’m not sure

further edit: if ahaviti is willing, I think the dollhouse pictures would fit better with a reprint of anaerobic inhale, which i would like to do actually

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2264

anna_grin said:

im considering illlustrations, yes, but I’m far more of a sculptural/ immersive installation type of artist... i may include some photographs. i have a series of plasticine men in a dollhouse that might fit quite well, but again I would like to make it fresh

further edit: if ahaviti is willing, I think the dollhouse pictures would fit better with a reprint of anaerobic inhale, which i would like to do actually

While i love the written word, i appreciate found Beauty in art be they by one's own hand or the perception (deception) of one's own eyes  

Looking forward to Your works

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

anna_grin said:

I think you're probably right.  Don't know if you purchased Danny's book, but we illustrated some of the pages in it.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

Ahavati said:

I think you're probably right.  Don't know if you purchased Danny's book, but we illustrated some of the pages in it.

regretfully my life has been a typical mess and i have neglected to purchase any of the books on my list at the end of this month, i will order maybe about 3 to be getting on with

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

anna_grin said:

regretfully my life has been a typical mess and i have neglected to purchase any of the books on my list at the end of this month, i will order maybe about 3 to be getting on with

Well if Danny and Terry are among those three they will be eternally grateful.  Damn good books too!

So shoot me the images via email and let me have a looksie next to your book.

coxdenis32
Strange Creature
Joined 7th Dec 2020
Forum Posts: 22

You must surprise the reader because this is a popular topic. I wrote my book https://freebooksummary.com/category/city-of-the-beasts under the impression of the City of Beasts. We must be able to combine different eras and different sides of love. It sings a beacon or a repeater of reality. I advise you to read this book for lovers of natural lyrics.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

anna_grin said:before i do, i want to be sure of its quality. comment below if you have some skills that could help, and what you might want in return

sexual favours considered under special circumstances, but you know who you are

good stuff, Lady

my first thoughts were: you're more than able to write love poems. you dont need to draft in anyone to edit your stuff, you're doing yourself a disservice and problay your readers for even thinking about thinking about it

certainly, if you're of the mind post poem by poem here and garner opinions and such, there's already some very able minds on this thread

can maybe help you with what order to put the poems in, and in fairness you could probably ask the image group to come up with a couple of covers or something, not that I'm volunteering them

I've been half thinking about putting something together myself so I'll follow you with some interest.  best of luck to you

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I've already read and edited ( what tiny amount needed editing ). It's fabulous; it's anna.

Go to page:
Go to: