Go to page:

can we agree

drone
drone
Dangerous Mind
Greece
10awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 1370

Thou shall
Always
read
between the lines

drone
drone
Dangerous Mind
Greece
10awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 1370

Thou shall
sow
Seeds

drone
drone
Dangerous Mind
Greece
10awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 1370

Thou shall
always
write
from the heart
not the mind

PsycoticMastermind
PsycoticMastermind
Thought Provoker
United States
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 198

russell_snow said: Rather thou shalt serve thy mind on a wide open all thy can eat platter, medium rare.

Mmmmmmmm, you are speaking my language.  

butters
butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

poetry written solely from the heart is too often a hot mess
poetry written solely from the mind often fails to connect to the hearts of others -- lacking heart, itself:

thou should balance mind AND heart when writing

Tallen
Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
30awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 1767


butters said:poetry written solely from the heart is too often a hot mess
poetry written solely from the mind often fails to connect to the hearts of others -- lacking heart, itself:

thou should balance mind AND heart when writing

AspergerPoet56
AspergerPoet56
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom
16awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 4th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 920

Tallen said:

If I wrote in balance it would never have produced what I have, not saying your wrong probably getting the balance makes better poetry, I write through feelings thoughts in me

Northern1
Northern1
Fire of Insight
Iceland
  profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Apr 2016
Forum Posts: 178

If you like a poem, it is art
If others like a poem that you don't, it is art

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

Thou shalt not use 'Author's note' as an 'apololgy' for writing something they're not quite confident about, explaining themsleves on why they wrote it, how they wrote it, what they were thinking, feeling..etc. etc.
Own it, release it and allow the reader to interpret what they can.

Wh1skeySwagger
Wh1skeySwagger
Swagger
Fire of Insight
United States
  profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Dec 2019
Forum Posts: 775

Layla said:Thou shalt not use 'Author's note' as an 'apololgy' for writing something they're not quite confident about, explaining themsleves on why they wrote it, how they wrote it, what they were thinking, feeling..etc. etc.
Own it, release it and allow the reader to interpret what they can.


Okay I admit, I was guilty of this once so far since i joined

but it is a commandment now, and will NEVER EVER do it again (I Think )

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

Don't get me wrong I love reading author's notes most often it gives insight to the background story especially if it has to do with some historical fact, or a news event but then there are some that are just dead giveaway for lack of confidence and unsureness whether a poem is good enough to put it out there.


Wh1skeySwagger said:

Okay I admit, I was guilty of this once so far since i joined

but it is a commandment now, and will NEVER EVER do it again (I Think )

Go to page:
Go to: