Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14270

Umm said:

O.o
Bit harsh imo.

Always nice to see you come out of the woodwork for a bit of drama, Umm. Despite how busy you are.

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

Ahavati said:

I think Umm's suggestion is wonderful, you should talk to her. I have bent over backwards and offered everything I can to help you - including speaking with you in private.  So I am happy she has stepped in to offer such.

Yup. I'm here to help. What's private should stay so :]

Glad we could resolve this.

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

Ahavati said:

Always nice to see you come out of the woodwork for a bit of drama, Umm. Despite how busy you are.

😂😂😂

@EdibleWords ..pm me whenever you want. I'm out of this thread as well

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

Ahavati said:

I think Umm's suggestion is wonderful, you should talk to her.  Sorry if I seemed harsh, but I have bent over backwards and offered everything I can to help you - including speaking with you in depth privately.   So I am happy she has stepped in to offer such.

You have been so generous! So many times. Especially with my poetry in HCC. You are an amazing editor.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Umm said:

😂😂😂

@EdibleWords ..pm me whenever you want. I'm out of this thread as well

That's very generous! I think if your editor skills are as badass as your art, I've found my buddy!

But... please consider Ahavati words. She might have been harsh, but her words didn't form in a vacuum... and I was getting a little snarky just then. Shame on me! Sorry, Ahavati.

I earned what she dished.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

EdibleWords said:

That's very generous! I think if your editor skills are as badass as your art, I've found my buddy!

But... please consider Ahavati words. She might have been harsh, but her words didn't form in a vacuum... and I was getting a little snarky just then. Shame on me! Sorry, Ahavati.

I earned what she dished.

No problem - as women whose demands often outweigh our time, we understand we all do it periodically. Thank you for not playing into the drama llama.  

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Ahavati said:

No problem - as women whose demands often outweigh our time, we understand we all do it periodically. Thank you for not playing into the drama.  

And thank you for being there for all of us. I will forever be grateful to the team here who make all this possible.

But...

Playing into it?

I feel like I was the fire starter.... I'm pissed at myself I almost started a flame war.... I've got enough enough wars. I'm so sorry. I bet you do, too.

Anyway....

I have an editor to talk to! So I'll be busy on that.

Wow!! What a find!!

I'm really hopeful Umm can help. In fact, I feel that unbridled positivity trying to  reassert itself.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

EdibleWords said:

And thank you for being there for all of us. I will forever be grateful to the team here who make all this possible.

But...

Playing into it?

I feel like I was the fire starter.... I'm pissed at myself I almost started a flame war.... I've got enough enough wars. I'm so sorry. I bet you do, too.

Anyway....

I have an editor to talk to! So I'll be busy on that.

Wow!! What a find!!

I'm really hopeful Umm can help. In fact, I feel that unbridled positivity trying to  reassert itself.

Awesome news! Best of luck!

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Ahavati said:

Awesome news! Best of luck!

Incorrect news...

Back to square zero....

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

I am changing the title of this thread, hoping it's cool. "Looking for editors, amateurs to share adventure"

Hoping to rope in willing players, still.

I hope to get the right kind of attention for the drama I cannot escape.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Okay, so how to know if your are even interested:

I'm a believer in the books I write because I understand plot line development and the importance of the bottom of the third act (every good story has one!)

I'm not a super writer, but I have super ideas.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

EdibleWords said:Okay, so how to know if your are even interested:

I'm a believer in the books I write because I understand plot line development and the importance of the bottom of the third act (every good story has one!)

I'm not a super writer, but I have super ideas.

Okay... I have "super" ideas... as in.... my brain goes off in a story telling pattern that is interesting to at least some people... and lots of different stories are bursting out. Prolific and out of proportion with the rest of me, like my enthusiasm.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Scorched Earth Day

Scorched Earth Day
EdibleWords
Go To Page  
At least this thread inspired a poem

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Here is the catch:

In order to get the money out of the books that were supported on a rich credit-type system, editors would have to give the book an audience. Thus ensuring success, for future book sales for the author.

It's not too good to be true; it's a gimmick to exploit editorial powers and experience to the fullest, by deploying their own self interest.

Bottom line:

No editor would get $350 or $1000 out of the first sales of a failed book that didn't get any market exposure. Editors already have reading audiences and mailing lists. They can be helpful in a really sweet way if they get compensated.

The higher the reward for editorial support, the more likely the book will fly/sell.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

I'm gonna go full armchair quarterback economist out on a limb and say...

Books are money

If books are money, books can support a credit system of sorts. Book printing should be regulated to control inflationary pressures. But the natural market already does that, right??

I'm sorry, I just love to think about the hustle.

Admittedly I have a lot to gain. Enough liquidity in my life could literally save our behinds from predators. When you have lambs, wolves will circle. I didn't factor for that starting a family. But I started as a woman of faith, anyway.

Go to page:
Go to: